QB Ryan Fitzpatrick Released

t317

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Brady banked win after win after win with a bad defense... your short rant is meaningless.

Thanks! I just get sick of denying our QB problems, which now extend to the 17 year mark. Sooner or later the Bills are going to grow a pair and draft a QB in the first half of the draft (not this year... heck no!) but it is getting ridiculous. How many defensive players can one team draft and ignore the most important position on the field?

Thanks! I just get sick of denying our QB problems, which now extend to the 17 year mark. Sooner or later the Bills are going to grow a pair and draft a QB in the first half of the draft (not this year... heck no!) but it is getting ridiculous. How many defensive players can one team draft and ignore the most important position on the field?

Give them a few more years, there are still a few teams that aren't starting good young quarterbacks that Buddy has passed over for players like Aaron Williams.

Great stuff! I'll say it again, you gotta like Fitz.

Not sure I understand his stance though - I couldn't be a guaranteed starter in Buffalo at my price, but I'm ready to be a back-up now. Somewhere else. Even though my family and I love Buffalo. I would have caved and taken the deal! Might as well make a little less and be in a place you enjoy. I'd love to know the numbers!

Sounds the organization didn't offer much negotiating room, though - a take it or leave it deal.

Bummer, the guy would be a great back-up / mentor for whatever comes next.

Fitz had every opportunity in the world to prove that he could earn that contract. A man must know his limitations and be honest with himself above all else. I wish all the luck in the world because he's got heart. His limitations at QB are physical. It is what it is. It might be wise for him to put his mind to better use in another career before he really gets hurt.

Great stuff! I'll say it again, you gotta like Fitz.

Not sure I understand his stance though - I couldn't be a guaranteed starter in Buffalo at my price, but I'm ready to be a back-up now. Somewhere else. Even though my family and I love Buffalo. I would have caved and taken the deal! Might as well make a little less and be in a place you enjoy. I'd love to know the numbers!

Sounds the organization didn't offer much negotiating room, though - a take it or leave it deal.

Bummer, the guy would be a great back-up / mentor for whatever comes next.

If he's ready to be a back-up and love Buffalo why didn't he take Bills offer? Fitz is a royal fleecer. I wonder where he will end up?

If he's ready to be a back-up and love Buffalo why didn't he take Bills offer? Fitz is a royal fleecer. I wonder where he will end up?

There are several possible reasons for Fitz's actions.

1) It's possible that, despite anything he may have said, he'd strongly prefer to be a starter. If that's the case, maybe he'll wait until after the draft before signing with some team. That way he can go to a team which needs a QB, and which didn't fill that need in the draft.

2) It's also possible that Buffalo was offering him less money than he thought he could get as a free agent.

3) In the phone call with Tampa's GM, Buddy said that Fitz would be "fighting for maybe a backup job." If that's how Buddy regards Fitz, I'm sure some of that had to come through in the negotiations. (If only via the size of offers Buddy was prepared to make.) Maybe Fitz thinks he can find some other team where he'll be more highly regarded.