FREE AGENCY THREAD

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Whatever he had to begin with has to be better then [please fix subject]

who were we talking about again...

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Bills do not sign another significant FA. Play young people who play relatively free. Build through the draft.

A sound philosophy I think. But people are getting pretty impatient after 13 years of sucking. Yet another new regime rebuild cycle is a hard sell to some Bills fans.

A sound philosophy I think. But people are getting pretty impatient after 13 years of sucking. Yet another new regime rebuild cycle is a hard sell to some Bills fans.

Start listening to fans, find yourself sitting with them. I'm glad we're not out spending money on pander deals.

Start listening to fans, find yourself sitting with them. I'm glad we're not out spending money on pander deals.

Th irony of that statement is that the person who said that was complete inept as a GM.

I believe that there are only 10-15 GMs currently employed who are consistently above average at their job. The rest, who we see being replaced on a near 3 year rotation, really aren't any better than their fans. Look at the Bills over the last 10 years, if TSW came up with a consensus draft board, do you really think it would have been significantly worse than what we've already seen? And we supposedly had "professionals" running these drafts.

I get what you're saying SJBF but is Dansby suppose to turn down money? It's like people who hated Whitner because we drafted him #8. Was he supposed to decline being drafted that high?

Teams just use players until they deem them not valuable. It is a very dirty business and there is 0 loyalty. So in most cases when a player holds out for more money, I support them 100%.

I agree with you that no a player should ever turn down the money even if he and his agent know that the contract is very unlikely to run its course.

I was just pointing out that it's often the seemingly lucrative contract that causes teams to release players.

Also though it's a bit silly for a player to be surprised, insulted or indignant when they're deemed not worth their contract. If anything they should be angry with their agent for not letting them know that they could be on thin ice.

Looking ahead to the next CBA,because NFL players have the most violent, dangerous and short careers of all North American professional athletes it's ironic to me that it's the only pro sport that doesn't have guaranteed contracts.

The players really took it on the chin in the last CBA (except for concessions in their work schedules) and I personally would like to see them get guaranteed money contracts sometime in the future.

Either the Bills feel their team has expert scouts and we don't need new players or we're just planning on a 3-13 season...

I'll take the ladder

For all intensive purposes, taking the ladder will be a mute point if we draft a decent QB.

The Bills are doing the right thing. You don't go all in in free agency until you have a franchise quarterback in place.

It's difficult to wait, but it is necessary.

We were supposed to be past this point under that rationale. We are four years into our Buddy's regime. Wheel spinning anyone?

I have been pretty disappointed by the Bills FA approach so far but I went on NFL.com to look at the remaining players available. there are still a few I would really like to see us make an attempt at. Number one on my list is WR Brandon Gibson. Next I would like to see us try for CB Aqib Talib, I know he has ahd off the field issues but he is good. next I would like to see us sign OG Brandon Moore as a stop gap for a few years. another player I would like to see is SS Michael Huff from the Raiders. he was recently released but maybe we could get him. we do have a lot of cap room to spend and we need to spend 90% of it. a somewhat interesting player to keep an eye on is LB Brad Jones. I just really thihnik we need a bunch of new linebackers to evaluate and stop the bleeding of our defense. the last three players I would like to see us grab would be Julian Edalman, the WR from the Patriots, Brandon Myers the TE or Tracey Porter the CB for some competition. I know there are very slim odds that we get one of these players let alone multiple but I can hope right? I hope the bills do have some plan and aren't just deciding to throw away this season.