FREE AGENCY THREAD

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we keep track of the following:

LB Daryl Smith Jags

LB Brad Jones Packers

Smith could be a steal for a low contract coming off injury. Jones could be a solid addition to the team but will need a bit more money

I like Jones quite a bit. Smith could be a steal if we.can get him for cheap. What injury is he coming off of?

He was released by the Dolphins, considered top of the LB free agency a couple of years ago...I'd be interested! 3-4 experience, I guess it was a surprise to him.

come on buddy he played in the SEC, get em!

As a stop gap, we could do FAR worse.

He would be a prime example of what I mentioned the other day: the Bills aren't squatting on the FA's we knew would be available, they're looking to make improvements by signing up roster/cap casualties that will come with less market competition and at a better price....

I'd love him but I doubt he'll come cheap. If we did get him and then drafted another linebacker we'd be pretty much all set on defense with the exception of maybe another defensive back.

He's 32. He might not be "cheap," but I doubt he'd be "expensive."

Seeing that CB Sean Smith is visiting the bills. Really hoping the bills can sign him up from the dolphins. This guy would be a great compliment to Gilmore. Get er done buddy!

I think that would be a huge signing, but I am not expecting a signing. My pessimism has been kicking in a lot lately. But if they sign him, that would be huge for us.

We just signed Lawson. I think he and Dansby would be playing the same spot right? SLB.

I would have loved to see them sign Dansby but I think Lawson precludes that. We should be considering the other LB that Miami cut (Burnett)

Seeing that CB Sean Smith is visiting the bills. Really hoping the bills can sign him up from the dolphins. This guy would be a great compliment to Gilmore. Get er done buddy!

Where did you see this? That would be great. Pettine likes his CBs and Smith would be a huge upgrade. I would be thrilled with Gilmore, Smith, Leo and then Williams and Brooks. It would also allow us to move Williams to safety. I havent seen any reports of Smith visiting the Bills though. Hope it's true.

We just signed Lawson. I think he and Dansby would be playing the same spot right? SLB.

I would have loved to see them sign Dansby but I think Lawson precludes that. We should be considering the other LB that Miami cut (Burnett)

Dansby played the mike position with the Dolphins last year and ILB prior to that when the fish ran a 34.

I'd love to sign him to a three year deal at around $14 mill. He would help our run D immensely.

As a stop gap, we could do FAR worse.

He would be a prime example of what I mentioned the other day: the Bills aren't squatting on the FA's we knew would be available, they're looking to make improvements by signing up roster/cap casualties that will come with less market competition and at a better price....

He's 32. He might not be "cheap," but I doubt he'd be "expensive."

There have been a lot of reasonable deals signed over the past few days.

Interestingly Dansby Stats last season were better than Ellerbe's. Granted they are different ages but for a short term contract why not?

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/311867778275610624/photo/1

Thought he was a potential Bills FA target?

@alexmarvez

RT @MMehtaNYDN: WR Brandon Gibson is leaving the Jets facility to make his next visit. No deal struck. #nyj<Potential #Dolphins target

The only place that reported he was a FA target (aside from Chris Brown postulating on BB.com the Bills could use him) was Pro Football Central which has been exposed as a garbage website.

Interestingly Dansby Stats last season were better than Ellerbe's. Granted they are different ages but for a short term contract why not?

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/311867778275610624/photo/1

Ellerbe didn't start the whole season.

https://twitter.com/...5610624/photo/1

Those stats, taken in a vacuum, would suggest that the exchange was practically tit for tat.