Are you going to be dissapointed when we sign no one day one?

Here is a link to what I think people are referring to. In the last paragraph Nix says "We’re going to be a player probably in free agency at some point. It may not be the first day or two, but we’ll be looking for guys that can come in and help us and take some pressure off the draft. We think we can be active and go places.”

http://www.afceastda...ree-agents.html

Thank you for at least providing some perspective.

That quote does NOT say they won't be active in the first couple of days, it says they "may not". And, in fact, it says they will be active to fill some holes. Nix isn't required to reveal their plans in detail, and there's absolutely no guarantee that their plans haven't changed in the last 2 weeks.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop. the Quote was found so just stop.

You can try to spin the quote but its not going to happen. "We’re going to be a player probably in free agency at some point. It may not be the first day or two, but we’ll be looking for guys that can come in and help us and take some pressure off the draft. We think we can be active and go places.”

So I guess I can take the quote 'At some point' then and say it might not even be the first week?

Look, you guys called troll and I knew I read it, so just be a man and own up and lets move on.

Of course you can, you can spin it anyway you want to fit what you want to try and say, Doesn't mean that any of its true or fact

we have to many needs to be a player early on. We need value, what we don't need large cap hits of failed FA's>

stats pretty much show top paid FA's mostly do not live up to their contracts. Especially FA WR's and CB's

I wouldn't expect you to be a man and admit you were wrong, it is typical around here.

Nix didn't say what you said. If you cannot understand that there is a significant implicit difference between "it may not be the first day or two" and "we won't be doing anything the first couple days", then we're destined to be on opposite sides of this discussion.

You can be insulting if you so choose; I'm not going that route. I asked you to back up your statement, and you didn't. Another poster referenced what you thought you heard, which was different from what you said. I thanked that poster for lending some perspective to the discussion.

It's one thing to provide the facts and prove yourself right; quite another to let someone else do the work to throw a lifeline to a marginally-accurate representation of a passing comment. Nice to be on the internet, when you can say things like the above and not be held accountable, isn't it?

Have a nice day.

Edited by thebandit27

nope but will be disappointed once our "quick fix" Mr Geno Smith gets nabbed.

The Eagles put WVU QB Geno Smith through a workout at the school's campus on Monday, according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.

The contingency included owner Jeffrey Lurie, G.M. Howie Roseman, and head coach Chip Kelly, according to Florio. The team currently has five quarterbacks under contract. West Virginia's Pro Day is scheduled for March 14.

i didnt expect the bills to be after any of the top free agents but i m looking for them to add some depth and roll player types. there was that report about bills contacting the agents of gibson,moore,landry and that kinda was exactly what i expected except landry. i like him but hes only played one whole season. and probably wants to get paid.

i like him cause he brings the thump when he does tackle but the injury history concerns me

Wasn't the reason the league changed the start of FA from 12 midnight to 4PM to accomandate

Nix's sleep schedule?

i would think that this would be a slap in the face to Nix. With a midnight start, its right around the time he would be waking up in the morning, with a 4pm start, thats early bird dinner time at Country Kitchen

Personally, I think Buddy was less referring to the Bills being super active on day 1 and more on being active on more middle-tier guys to fill holes than top of the line talent.

And I'm totally OK with that this year. They made their big splash last year; fill some holes at CB, LB, TE and then go out and draft a QB at #8 if Geno or Barkley are still there; follow that up with OG depth in round 2, where there's a lot of talent available.

Personally, I think Buddy was less referring to the Bills being super active on day 1 and more on being active on more middle-tier guys to fill holes than top of the line talent.

And I'm totally OK with that this year. They made their big splash last year; fill some holes at CB, LB, TE and then go out and draft a QB at #8 if Geno or Barkley are still there; follow that up with OG depth in round 2, where there's a lot of talent available.

Agreed. If they bring in 3-4 solid players to fill some holes, that'll be a much more successful FA period than having one big "splash". If they bring in a decent OG, LB, and WR, that's a good start to the offseason.

Edited by Ramius

We need to sign, or at least try to sign a top-talent free agent tomorrow!

We already know that Miami has pretty much locked up Mike Wallace, New England is resigning Welker regardless of who offers him money, and the Jets are going to spend some cash on a runningback.

My suggestion:

Why not make an offer on Dashon Goldson? Imagine Byrd and Goldson, who can both play either safety role, on the field at once. They would cause a nightmare for Tom Brady, "The Great" Mark Sanchez (LMFAO), and opposing QB's league-wide.

Instead of wasting a mid-round pick on a wideout that probably will never be more than a one-game-wonder, why not drop some cash on Danny Amendola? He is a Welker-like receiver who has no problems going over the middle to catch a pass, or re-route the defenders so SJ13 or Graham can go over top.

I'd take Eric Winston as a right tackle option. We know that the Bills strength right now is the outside run game with CJ, so why not bulk up on a proven above-average right tackle?

James Harrison is far over the hill, but he has that tenacity, the experience and winning attitude, and overall brutal lack of manners that would help give the Bills' defense a face. Who is scared of the Bills defense besides Doug Marrone? Exactly... Let's give the fans something to look forward to!