Are you going to be dissapointed when we sign no one day one?

I have to ask can you kids grow up? No one is trolling period. Nix said we would not be active the first couple of days of FA and would wait till the initial surge died down. I am just seeing everyone putting up these lists of who we are signing what big names we shoudl go after etc.

Its past time for reality to sink in, we had our one big FA splash we usually do every 5 years or so and Nix isn't going to go ape in FA, that is not his way of doing things and Brandon kept the guy. Now if they did land someone worth a damn, hey I am all for it, but this thing called reality where I live says different.

I wish Ralph was gone, Brandon and the whole damn office staff all the way down to the ticket takers were gone and a fresh new owner and staff with a true goal of winning were in place, but they aren't.

Did FA already happen where you live? If so you really DO live in a different reality...

All I'm saying is rather than start another "Woe is us, Nix isn't going to sign anyone!" thread, you could just actually wait for FA to start, then make your whiny statements based on what actually happened.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean according to Nix we won't be doing anything the first couple days.

Side note: Has it occured to anyone else we have mostly only been able to bring in Defensive FA's that have amounted to anything? Could it be a lack of QB since 1996?

We have A LOT of holes at different positions. At this point we might want to trade down in the draft and pick up as many picks as possible and try to build the team that way. Maybe we can get a linebacker and a wide receiver in free agency.

Well, I found a quote to contradict it, so if you're going to keep saying it, find the link...otherwise I'm calling total BS.

He said it 3 years ago, not anytime since.

He said it, I can't remember if it was print or video

Or your imagination. It is obvious you make up news to fit your point of view.

I won't be disappointed. Making a "splash" is great for the F5'ers of the world, but doesn't always make the best team or business sense. I want them to be active, but I also want them to fill holes and be smart on a cap level.

I mean according to Nix we won't be doing anything the first couple days.

Side note: Has it occured to anyone else we have mostly only been able to bring in Defensive FA's that have amounted to anything? Could it be a lack of QB since 1996?

You're really being unfair. The Bills have brought in offensive free agents who haven't amounted to anything too.(Dockery)

Care to link to that quote?

Here's the only quote from Nix that I could find:

'“We will try to be active in free agency,” said Bills General Manager Buddy Nix. “I don’t know how that’ll work out. We’re not going to go crazy and overspend and get ourselves in a bind where we can’t keep some of our own, but we will be a player. We’ll attempt to make moves in free agency to plug some holes.”'

http://www.buffalone...ills-drive-1082

I don't see anything in there about not being active early.

Here is a link to what I think people are referring to. In the last paragraph Nix says "We’re going to be a player probably in free agency at some point. It may not be the first day or two, but we’ll be looking for guys that can come in and help us and take some pressure off the draft. We think we can be active and go places.”

http://www.afceastdaily.com/2013/02/bills-plans-with-impending-free-agents.html

I personally hope I am very wrong. I think we need two WR's, Two LB's and a Safety in FA THEN go draft. And I mean sign starters, not backups. But again I am a dreamer....

Nightmares only.

Here is a link to what I think people are referring to. In the last paragraph Nix says "We’re going to be a player probably in free agency at some point. It may not be the first day or two, but we’ll be looking for guys that can come in and help us and take some pressure off the draft. We think we can be active and go places.”

http://www.afceastda...ree-agents.html

THANK YOU! That is exactly what I was referring to. Geez my googlefu is weak compared to yours :-)

See I wasn't making crap up! Maybe I may have taken his comments, but when I read 'at some point' and 'it might not be in the first day or two' I think my position in the original post is validated.

Edited by Kellyto83TD

THANK YOU! That is exactly what I was referring to. Geez my googlefu is weak compared to yours :-)

See I wasn't making crap up! Maybe I may have taken his comments, but when I read 'at some point' and 'it might not be in the first day or two' I think my position in the original post is validated.

Except he said the Bills "may" not be doing anything in the first couple days. He didn't say "won't", as you put it...

Except he said the Bills "may" not be doing anything in the first couple days. He didn't say "won't", as you put it...

Stop. the Quote was found so just stop.

You can try to spin the quote but its not going to happen. "We’re going to be a player probably in free agency at some point. It may not be the first day or two, but we’ll be looking for guys that can come in and help us and take some pressure off the draft. We think we can be active and go places.”

So I guess I can take the quote 'At some point' then and say it might not even be the first week?

Look, you guys called troll and I knew I read it, so just be a man and own up and lets move on.

It doesn't matter if they sign someone Day 1, or day 101. As long as they can improve the team through any means necessary this offseason, what does it matter if they slept through a few of the first days of FA? The Bills had one of the biggest signings early on in FA last season and it did nothing for the team last season. I don't think they really have the cap space to make a big splash again anyways, so the guys they should be targeting are mid level guys who can fill holes and provide them with good/solid (but maybe not great) players at a bunch of positions rather then one good/great player at one position and mediocre/lower level fill ins at the rest