James Harrison to be available?! (Update - signed w/ Bengals)

VanCity

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea but if we sign him that would probably eat up all the cash we had saved for free agency

CBF

I don;t think Harrison is at a point in his career where he will command huge money. He will likely go to a contending team at a discount (GB, NE, SF, Sea, Wash)

Stay far away from linebackers that the Steelers release. They know exactly when to let their own go. Here's some examples over the years: Greg Lloyd, Jason Gilden, and Joey Porter.

Stay far away from linebackers that the Steelers release. They know exactly when to let their own go. Here's some examples over the years: Greg Lloyd, Jason Gilden, and Joey Porter.

Porter had 17.5 sacks in 2008-09 with the Dolphins. Edited by Carey Bender

Porter had 17.5 sacks with the Dolphins.

By and large Joey Porter's tenure in Miami was a major letdown. I live in Miami Lakes and watch every Dolphins game. He was horrible. Terrible at coverage and didn't tally many tackles. He was a one dimensional player and the Steelers didn't miss him one bit when he left.

You might be able to squeak one or two good seasons from these former Steelers, but that's about it.

Edited by NoJustice

By and large Joey Porter's tenure in Miami was a major letdown. I live in Miami Lakes and watch every Dolphins game. He was horrible. Terrible at coverage and didn't tally many tackles. He was a one dimensional player and the Steelers didn't miss him one bit when he left.

You might be able to squeak one or two good seasons from these former Steelers, but that's about it.

One or two years of James Harrison,Mario Williams, and Dareus terrorizing Brady in his NFL twilight is fine by me.

http://www.fannation..._a5&eref=fromSI

Yeah, I'd take this animal on the team. Despite his controversial penchant for overly-aggressive hits, he is baddddd man who would look damn good in a Bills uniform. Probably seeking big bucks, but he fits the bill of what is needed at LB to a tee.

No Way. Not on my team. I have absolute NO RESPECT for him as a man a player or anything for that matter. To put it nicely as I'm biting back my tongue writing this... I hope he disappears never to be seen again.

Edited by mattsox

One or two years of James Harrison,Mario Williams, and Dareus terrorizing Brady in his NFL twilight is fine by me.

Two straight years of declining health and productivity. There's no guarantee he'll give us two good years. He only had 6 sacks last year on a tough Steelers defense. We need some youth on this roster. We're not ready to win right now.

Two straight years of declining health and productivity. There's no guarantee he'll give us two good years. He only had 6 sacks last year on a tough Steelers defense. We need some youth on this roster. We're not ready to win right now.

Every year we see teams that the pudnits predicted would be door mats, come outta nowhere and make the playoffs.

I never understood why some fans write off their respective teams even before FA and the draft happen.

No Way. Not on my team. I have absolute NO RESPECT for him as a man a player or anything for that matter. To put it nicely as I'm biting back my tongue writing this... I hope he disappears never to be seen again.

The guy is a menace, an overly agressive !@#$. A veteran LB with an edge some find offensive. Which is exactly one thing this team has been missing.

Every year we see teams that the pudnits predicted would be door mats, come outta nowhere and make the playoffs.

I never understood why some fans write off their respective teams even before FA and the draft happen.

This team has way too much uncertainty at some of the most vital positions. We have a good offensive line that's about to lose its most consistent linchpin in Andy Levitre. We don't have even one binafide baller at LB even though we'll be running some 3-4. We have no one opposite Stevie Johnson at receiver. Our only TE is injured. We have no QB. We still need another safety and cornerback. What else am I supposed to think?

This team has way too much uncertainty at some of the most vital positions. We have a good offensive line that's about to lose its most consistent linchpin in Andy Levitre. We don't have even one binafide baller at LB even though we'll be running some 3-4. We have no one opposite Stevie Johnson at receiver. Our only TE is injured. We have no QB. We still need another safety and cornerback. What else am I supposed to think?

All great points.

Harrison would be a luxury, and he more likely will want to sign with a Super Bowl contender.

We need younger players at LB in order to build a solid defense.