ESPN insider McShay 3.0

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think i'd totally be against an OT at 8. I hope Fisher doesn't end up like the last combine star offensive tackle Jason Smith.

Fisher was less a combine star than a Senior Bowl star... so I wouldn't worry.

Sorry, I don't want an olinemen that high. Our oline is playoff caliber as it is, even if we lose Levitre. It's our defense and QB that is holding us back.

Our line is average with Levitre. Without probably their best player, it's poor. Our offense was designed for quick passes more because we didn't have tackles that could off the rush for very long than anything else. Glenn was decent for a rookie, but was worse as season wore on and may be best at right... or at best a decent but not elite LT. Pears stinks at RT and Hairston's play was somewhat disappointing as well.

If we're going to have a rookie QB, best thing you can do for him is give him a good line. Worst is giving him a bad one. Weapons are secondary to this factor.

Edited by Brainiac21

Fisher was less a combine star than a Senior Bowl star... so I wouldn't worry.

Our line is average with Levitre. Without probably their best player, it's poor. Our offense was designed for quick passes more because we didn't have tackles that could off the rush for very long than anything else. Glenn was decent for a rookie, but was worse as season wore on and may be best at right... or at best a decent but not elite LT. Pears stinks at RT and Hairston's play was somewhat disappointing as well.

If we're going to have a rookie QB, best thing you can do for him is give him a good line. Worst is giving him a bad one. Weapons are secondary to this factor.

We have averaged over 5 ypc and been top 10 in fewest sacks allowed the last 2 years. What more do you want? Some of you have this outdated notion of the NFL. It's basically flag football, spread the field. A dominant oline is less important than it ever has been. Miami is letting Jake Long walk. The oline is the least of our problems and would have had zero effect on our record this year.

Sorry, I don't want an olinemen that high. Our oline is playoff caliber as it is, even if we lose Levitre. It's our defense and QB that is holding us back.

Agreed. OT is actually (finally) a strength on our team with Glenn, Pears, Hairston and Zebrie Sanders. Really interested to see how Sanders does this year.

It's weird to say, and I know Bill's head will explode, but picking an OT in the 1st is equivalent to picking another DB. Except we needs DBs.

Agreed. OT is actually (finally) a strength on our team with Glenn, Pears, Hairston and Zebrie Sanders. Really interested to see how Sanders does this year.

It's weird to say, and I know Bill's head will explode, but picking an OT in the 1st is equivalent to picking another DB. Except we needs DBs.

:w00t: I would pay to see his reaction when they pick the corner from Alabama 8th. I do believe he likes Bama though so it might not be a full out explosion.

Cordy Glenn is an NFL LT. There is no discussion about this. It is strange how folks forgot about this.

Cordy Glenn was and will be one of the greatest draft steals in Buffalo Bills history.

Drafting Fisher will 1.) Never Happen 2.) Be Beyond Stupid even for the Buffalo Bills.

I agree stashing Sanders looks like a sly move.

I really think that kid has a super High Ceiling can't wait to see. He will likely have every opportunity to compete and win the starting RT spot.

Cordy Glenn is an NFL LT. There is no discussion about this. It is strange how folks forgot about this.

Cordy Glenn was and will be one of the greatest draft steals in Buffalo Bills history.

Drafting Fisher will 1.) Never Happen 2.) Be Beyond Stupid even for the Buffalo Bills.

Disagree. Community college graduate Mel Kiper said he isn't a LT. Thus, Kiper >>>> actually NFL games.

Would be a solid pick for dominate OL that could give qb time and rb openings. Lane Johnson is another OT worth taking.

Again, we have averaged 5 ypc and finished in the top 10 in sacks allowed. How much bigger do the holes need to be or how much more time does our QB need?

Would be a solid pick for dominate OL that could give qb time and rb openings. Lane Johnson is another OT worth taking.

Dude, It is 2013. Not 2008. Take a look at our dominate OL. We run better than almost every NFL team and protect the Qb better than almost every NFL team.

Like, that is dominant.

Edited by Why So Serious?