I love my county (letter to editor)

boyst

I'm writing to bring attention to the large alcohol companies who are poisoning our country. And there is only one reason they're doing it: profit margin.

And here I thought Big Alcohol was providing their product out of a sense of altruism.

I'm going to post a comment there: "This letter made more sense after six shots of vodka."

And here I thought Big Alcohol was providing their product out of a sense of altruism.

I'm going to post a comment there: "This letter made more sense after six shots of vodka."

Well obviously if 6 shots makes it clear, 8 shots will be an epithany. I owe it to the world.

In 2010 there were over 10,000 fatalities due to DWI

In 2010 there were over 11,000 fatalities where a gun was used, taking suicides out of the figure.

Where are the efforts to ban alcohol and more strictly regulate it?

Surely something must be done.

Edited by RkFast

Where are the efforts to ban alcohol and more strictly regulate it?

Surely something must be done.

Frankly I'm not for any regulations on guns save for military-use assault weapons and checks to see if folks have a felony or a history of debilitating mental instability.

Outside of that, own, shoot, and collect.

But you have to see the technical problem with that argument, right?

The calculated objective of alcohol is to consume as a beverage. People don't drink alcohol "to drive." The alcohol is not the instrumentality. The car is the instrumentality that effectuates the harm. The alcohol just alters the state of mind that facilitates the environment wherein harm can be caused.

Access to cars won't be restricted without a profoundly compelling government interest that I can't even begin to fathom but...there are laws restricting the usage of vehicles, what beverages can be consumed therein, how fast you can go, the attention needed to operate said vehicle, etc. Cars won't be restricted because their benefit as a transportive device substantially outweighs the harm that they can cause.

Conversely, the gun IS the instrumentality. It effectuates the harm. The calculated objective of the gun is to ejaculate a projectile towards an animate or inanimate object. Guns don't establish the environment, or set the mood, wherein harm can happen. They, themselves, effectuate the damage. They are the "harm causer." Similar to a car, they are the instrumentality.

Now that we distinguished alcohol and guns, and we're looking at a comparison between the two instrumentalities, guns and cars, guns have been deemed more "restrictable" because their benefit as an object that ejaculates projectiles towards an object is not considered as important an objective as transporting someone back and forth to work or to see loved ones. Therefore, according to Uncle Sam, guns can be restricted with greater zeal.

To be sure, which do you use more and need more regularly, a car or a gun?

Not saying that I agree with many of the restrictions, because I don't; but guns are ABSOLUTELY distinguishable (as an instrumentality) from alcohol (as at best, a facilitator).

Edited by Juror#8

you've never used a firearm before, have you?

Of the 4 that I own, the only one that I haven't used at the local range is my Israeli military issued Glock 19 - and only because it hasn't arrived yet.

Why do you ask?

only because I have never heard anyone refer to the mechanical action of firing a gun as ejaculating a projectile. I apologize for my presumption.

No worries bro.

Just wanted to articulate, as artfully as possible, and in fairness to the anatomy of the gun firing process, what is happening so at least I know that disagreement with my point wouldn't owe to overly bland descriptions.

Or scratch the word alcohol and write in oil, or write in prescription drugs, or write in....

Unbelieveable.

Thomas Raynesford Lounsbury once said: "One must view with profound respect, the capacity of the human mind..."

Eh, whatever....

Apparently you just become an alcoholic through zero action of your own. Zero responsibility for ones own actions. Every problem in this country can be traced back to this.

Frankly I'm not for any regulations on guns save for military-use assault weapons and checks to see if folks have a felony or a history of debilitating mental instability.

Good thing these restrictions were already in place and have been for a few years.

You can have a lot of fun mad-libbing it that way. Try "laundry detergent." Or "pet food." Or "broadband internet."

or "banana hammocks."

only because I have never heard anyone refer to the mechanical action of firing a gun as ejaculating a projectile. I apologize for my presumption.

The Juror had me laughing with that analogy...

This is my rifle, this is my gun...!

Tom beat me to the punch with this one...

or "banana hammocks."

...and this was just outrageously funny.

There's gold in this thread Jerry! Gold...I tell ya!

No worries bro.

Just wanted to articulate, as artfully as possible, and in fairness to the anatomy of the gun firing process, what is happening so at least I know that disagreement with my point wouldn't owe to overly bland descriptions.

Mission accomplished. John Wu meets Bukkake Sluts 9. Theres an assistant producer credit in it for you if you know how to play your cards.