[closed]If the pick is Patterson at #8...

Kellyto83TD

You know Nix is on his way out and Whaley made this pick. Nix has always said he doesn't pick one hit wonders. He likes guys that performed for at least a couple years on the big stage and Patterson definately doesn't fit that description.

Now I get fans fascination with the size speed combo, but I really don't want the guy at #8. Too much risk. As another poster stated this guy dissapeared in games getting less than 3 catches in those games. Guys like him should be able to do better than that. Now if he played at Tenn for say 3 seasons and had an off season last year I can live with it.

This Organization really has to hit on most picks for awhile to get this turned around, and we really can't afford a bad pick in the first round let alone at #8.

But we have time. Hell Free agency hasn't happened yet and I feel LB and WR will be addressed in FA.

This is no time to get "cute" with the #8 pick. Fans and media need to stop overthinking. The Bills must draft a QB at #8 and they will (unless they trade out and draft a QB lower in round 1). They can't sit back, take a WR at #8 and then HOPE the QB they want lasts until round 2. It's the most important position in football. My gut says Marrone and Nix/Whaley are smoke screening a bit...lying low on the QB thing. I still think Marrone will make a big pitch for Nassib but Glennon/Barkley/Wilson still in play at #8 (Wilson is my least favorite by a mile). Geno will be gone before #8 for sure.

Edited by zow2

...the Bills will still win between 4-7 games in 2013.

...the Bills will still win between 4-7 games in 2013........

true but I rather win 4-7 games with a rookie Qb under the helm and seeing progress in him...then watching trashlametrick being payed 10+mil a season just to produce the same amount of wins..

...the Bills will still win between 4-7 games in 2013.

I would prefer 0 then we have to take a QB and changes would have to happen (Nix finally gone). Yeah yeah I know 'don't root for the team to lose 'blah blah blah' but its past time to have a pick high enough to dictate who you pick and QB is clearly a need.

But yes, odds are they will win enough to again draft in the 6-10 range AGAIN leaving us out of reach of a top QB talent.

I swear to God this team can't get out of its own way lol.

This is no time to get "cute" with the #8 pick. Fans and media need to stop overthinking. The Bills must draft a QB at #8 and they will (unless they trade out and draft a QB lower in round 1). They can't sit back, take a WR at #8 and then HOPE the QB they want lasts until round 2. It's the most important position in football. My gut says Marrone and Nix/Whaley are smoke screening a bit...lying low on the QB thing. I still think Marrone will make a big pitch for Nassib but Glennon/Barkley/Wilson still in play at #8 (Wilson is my least favorite by a mile). Geno will be gone before #8 for sure.

What if the QB they want is off the board at 8? Just take a a QB fit the helluvit? Wake up

Edited by NewEra

Who knows how many games this team will win? Any guess is just that, a guess. However, staying on topic of this thread...I do like Patterson. Guy looks like he could be a playmaker. Stevie isn't exactly a guy who terrifies defenses over the top...That or Fitz's crap arm prevents him from doing so.

Patterson is not probable to Buffalo BECAUSE he is a one year wonder. It wouldn't surprise me at all if AZ takes Barkley at 7 and Buffalo shocks the world and passes on Geno Smith at 8. If they do, I'm thinking Tyler Wilson in the 2nd. I loved his interview. Who do the Bills go with in round 1? To me, you take the surest bets and that seems to be Fisher, Lane Johnson, Warmack, Austin & Floyd.

I know the Bills need LBs, but I think there's good depth in the 3rd and 4th rounds such that they should reach for a Medical (Jones), a drunk (Ogletree), or 2 possible Maybins (Mingo and Jordan). I may be ignorant on Mingo and Jordan, but Maybin makes make gun-shy on the lightweight fast, athletic pass rushers.

Patterson is not probable to Buffalo BECAUSE he is a one year wonder. It wouldn't surprise me at all if AZ takes Barkley at 7 and Buffalo shocks the world and passes on Geno Smith at 8. If they do, I'm thinking Tyler Wilson in the 2nd. I loved his interview. Who do the Bills go with in round 1? To me, you take the surest bets and that seems to be Fisher, Lane Johnson, Warmack, Austin & Floyd.

I know the Bills need LBs, but I think there's good depth in the 3rd and 4th rounds such that they should reach for a Medical (Jones), a drunk (Ogletree), or 2 possible Maybins (Mingo and Jordan). I may be ignorant on Mingo and Jordan, but Maybin makes make gun-shy on the lightweight fast, athletic pass rushers.

I think Jarvis Jones is NOT a Maybin clone, but I agree w/ the depth being what it is at WR and LB that perhaps the best pick is a tackle. I also would not be opposed to the DE from FSU (name skipping my mind) in the unlikely event he lasts until 8.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.