Lane Johnson - LT - Oklahoma

Kellyto83TD

Now before you start screaming, stop and think. Other than QB LT may be the most important position in Football. 'But but but....we just drafted Glenn'. Yep. Move his big butt to RT, draft Johnson and you have bookend tackles for the next 12 years IF the Bills are willing to pay them and not trade them when they ask for what they are worth.

I agree QB is a need but when you talk pure value in the draft none are worth the pick. Russel Wilson, Colin Caepernick, Andy Dalton, Good quality QB's that can get your team deep into the playoffs or to a Superbowl can be had in the 2nd round (or trade back up into the first).

With Johnson at #8, Glenn at RT and Wood at Center we now have an OL that can keep whomever we pick upright and keep clearing holes for CJ.

Side note: As for as Levitre, I say make a fair offer and if he says no let him walk. I have never and will never be a fan of paying Guards. You can find a stud in the 3rd rounds or later. If both tackles and Center are GTG then you can plug a solid guy at Guard and him become very good to great.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If OL is rated at a 96 and isnt that much of a need and some other position such as OLB or WR is rated at 95 then I suspect Nix would pick position of need. BTW none of these qb's are rated above 86 that I have seen.

OT is one position we are fairly stacked at. Glenn, Hairston, Pears, and Zebrie Sanders.

Grab an interior OL somewhere in rounds 3-5.

Pears and Hairston are turnstiles. I'm all for the OP's plan if he's the BPA.

Im all for Lane johnson at #8 if levitre walks and somehow tyler wilson drops to #41..(rather have levitre stay and draft barkley #8 if hes there)..but if indeed levitre does walk which it seems very likely he will I guess drafting Lane johnson at #8 and moving cordy to Guard to replace andy could be a better plan then having him moved to RT

Edited by Hotpockets28

If levitre moves on,left tackle at 8 makes a ton of sense. I would vote for fisher , then move Glenn to guard .

That said geno smith may be there and that is a whole different kettle of fish. .

would this be a better situation than drafting chance warmack if levitre leaves? it seemed to me that glenn showed a lot of promise last year and did not seem out of place at tackle. all i'm asking is which combo better serves this team?

I'd be all on board for this if we are certain that he can be an immediate starter at LT. Moving Glenn inside to LG for Levitre or RT would be good.

My only concern with this is that I would expect them to go QB with their second pick. With Nelson walking and them saying they need a TE. I'm afraid that 4 of their 6 picks will be offense and defense was the worse unit on the field.

Hopefully, the will spend some money and plug the holes on defense in FA and allow the above draft strategy to work out

I think the kid is going to be a pro bowler for someone sooner than later. He has proven himself at LT and his strength combined with Mobility is amazing. I think we can plug this guy in at LT and let him go like Denver did Clady a few years back.

We do need upgrades at LB for sure but FA hasn't happened and we need a true #2 WR that sets himself apart and again we could address this in FA possibly.

Personally at this point (and I say this with the caviat we have a ways to go before the draft and gotta see FA...) I go Lane Johnson at #8 then look at moving back into the first for a QB we think could be the kid under our coach.

Are you saying Glenn can't play right tackle ? I think he clearly had the skill set. Fisher is being compared to joe Thomas. Not saying the perfect scenario but if levitre leaves and looking at the draft board it might be the best they can do.

Fisher Glenn wood utbik pears or Hairston. Plush a guy like sanders developing.

Lets say bills do indeed draft lane johnson at #8 move cordy to guard to replace andy if he does walk...and then draft Qb tyler wilson at #41 and Wr Darick Rogers at #71..also with the 4th and 5th round picks add two LB maybe Nico johnson from alabama and chase thomas from stanford? would seem like a nice draft day I believe would file some of the holes in this team

Edited by Hotpockets28

Nix had and has his convictions on Glenn. He drafted him as a LT, emphatically stood up for him as being a LT in the NFL, he let Bell walk, Glenn started and did a very nice job. Now you think he's drafting his replacement? No need to even talk about this, it's not ever going to happen.

Now before you start screaming, stop and think. Other than QB LT may be the most important position in Football. 'But but but....we just drafted Glenn'. Yep. Move his big butt to RT, draft Johnson and you have bookend tackles for the next 12 years IF the Bills are willing to pay them and not trade them when they ask for what they are worth.

I agree QB is a need but when you talk pure value in the draft none are worth the pick. Russel Wilson, Colin Caepernick, Andy Dalton, Good quality QB's that can get your team deep into the playoffs or to a Superbowl can be had in the 2nd round (or trade back up into the first).

With Johnson at #8, Glenn at RT and Wood at Center we now have an OL that can keep whomever we pick upright and keep clearing holes for CJ.

Side note: As for as Levitre, I say make a fair offer and if he says no let him walk. I have never and will never be a fan of paying Guards. You can find a stud in the 3rd rounds or later. If both tackles and Center are GTG then you can plug a solid guy at Guard and him become very good to great.

I'd be happy with Lane or Fisher