The other shoe drops

I'm surprised there is not more comment on the stories in the news today, because I think it represents an enormous change. Tom Donahoe has publicly expressed disappointment with the play of Drew Bledsoe, and indicated, in a roundabout way, that the job will be an open competition next year. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is the first time Tom has sown anything short of full support for Bledsoe.

Add to that Eric Moulds throwing Drew under the bus in an interview with WGR, and I think the folks at One Bills Drive finally agree with the majority of us here at Two Bills Drive. To me it looks like the Drew Bledsoe era ends after 3 frustrating years.

PTR

I'm surprised there is not more comment on the stories in the news today, because I think it represents an enormous change.  Tom Donahoe has publicly expressed disappointment with the play of Drew Bledsoe, and indicated, in a roundabout way, that the job will be an open competition next year.  Correct me if I am wrong, but that is the first time Tom has sown anything short of full support for Bledsoe.

Add to that Eric Moulds throwing Drew under the bus in an interview with WGR, and I think the folks at One Bills Drive finally agree with the majority of us here at Two Bills Drive.  To me it looks like the Drew Bledsoe era ends after 3 frustrating years.

PTR

196829[/snapback]

to me it looks like some people are making waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much over one midly negative comment from TD about bledsoe after 100 positive comments from TD about bledsoe........it's a grain of salt compared to all the praise he has heaped on him, so don't count bledsoe for dead yet........

same thing with the EM bullsh*t.......totally blown out of proporation......

I don't know. TD's comments have been heavily contextualised by the journalist. He hasn't expressed disappointment judging by the quotes they attribue to him and out and out statement of disappointment has been inferred by the journalist...

I think he's said everything I would expect his to say at this time of the year. Regardless of play this year, ALL positions ARE openm to competiton in the offseason, so what's the big deal?

to me it looks like some people are making waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much over one midly negative comment from TD about bledsoe after 100 positive comments from TD about bledsoe........it's a grain of salt compared to all the praise he has heaped on him, so don't count bledsoe for dead yet........

196836[/snapback]

Yeah, I had just started to read the EM story and say Sullivan's smiling as...er.. face on the top of the page. Take the EM story with a large grain of salt. Perhaps a rock.

-Jeff

I take what Donablow says with a grain of talc. He is the master of spin.

The one comment that really pissed me off though was...

"We have just scratched the surface of what we're going to do here," Donahoe said.

I mean, WTF??? You should have scrathed the surface two years ago after gutting the team. After 4 full seasons the Bills should be damn near the core, not just scratching the surface.

196836[/snapback]

Stop making sense :blink:

You gotta love it when posters state "looks like they finally agree with Most of us at TBD" as if we (yes even the most knowledgeable of fans) have any clue in evaluating a player vs. coaches and staff who spend hundreds and hundreds of hours with these guys. :blink: Maybe just maybe the reason he's been here so long is because during that whole period he was the best QB on this team . :w00t:

196836[/snapback]

A mere crumb can constitute a full meal for a rat.

Somehow, though, I just can't imagine that, in response to a question about Takeo Spikes' play this year, TD would say "well, you know, he did pretty well but all positions are open to competition next year..."

Somehow, though, I just can't imagine that, in response to a question about Takeo Spikes' play this year, TD would say "well, you know, he did pretty well but all positions are open to competition next year..."

197115[/snapback]

And in what alternate dimension would someone question the play of Spikes this year?

Oh, I forgot that on this board just about anything is possible. :P

And in what alternate dimension would someone question the play of Spikes this year?

197131[/snapback]

Nobody would, of course, but I think it does say something about TD's comments. Let's face it, Spikes' position as a starter at OLB is unquestioned. No way would TD say "every position is open to competition" with regard to Spikes, should he ever be asked. But he did say that about Bledsoe, which I think does say something...