DaQuan bowers arrested

NoSaint

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballta...rge-as-burress/

In the context of the Burress case, Sal Paolantonio of ESPN pointed out the wide differences that often arise in cases of this nature, with 24 percent of the defendants who entered a guilty plea to third-degree criminal possession of a weapon being sentenced to possession with no jail time.

Exact same offense?

Why was Plax charged?

Besides the obvious discharging of the firearm, the fact that Bowers voluntarily and pre-emptively surrendered the weapon whereas Plax concealed it in a nightclub is another obvious difference.

I don't see how a judge will look at these two incidents as being equivalent.

Well after reading everyone's opinion I still think there's a chance that he'll be in the 24%.

But I really have no idear.

Well, I didn't know the gun was loaded. That's definitely bad.

And the earlier account I read suggested that he brought the gun to the attention of security but I just read a report that the gun was found during a search of his luggage. That seems to contradict what I read earlier.

I thought he might be in the 24% as I pointed out at the beginning.

There were a lot of people in the thread who were completely positive that he would serve time.

Yeah, I'm tooting my own horn cause ain't no one else gonna do it.

Kudos to me. Anyone wanna cop to being wrong?

I thought he might be in the 24% as I pointed out at the beginning.

There were a lot of people in the thread who were completely positive that he would serve time.

Yeah, I'm tooting my own horn cause ain't no one else gonna do it.

Kudos to me. Anyone wanna cop to being wrong?

Well...after you said he would be one of the 24%, you did say this..

Well, I didn't know the gun was loaded. That's definitely bad."

But, to answer your question..

There is no way the DA is going to let this guy slide. He brought a gun (reports are that it was either loaded or with a loaded clip in the same case--no different) to an international airport in a zero tolerance city.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Local Gilroy 'homeboy' Robert "the Ghost" Guerrero similar but he had it in a gun safe in his checked bag unloaded and declared it.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/3/28/4156720/robert-guerrero-arrested-gun-possession-jfk-airport-mayweather-boxing-news

So far he was released and will still fight Mayweather in May before he has to return to NYC.

i was going to give you credit... but after that.... i dont know if i can bring myself to do it. The city is still notoriously unforgiving in these circumstances. he got very lucky based on several stories i had read.

lol. Thanks for not giving me credit. I've just been in a LAMP mood lately. No biggie. Wouldn't have Suprised either way it was dealt out the way these stupid gun laws are now days.

lol. Thanks for not giving me credit. I've just been in a LAMP mood lately. No biggie. Wouldn't have Suprised either way it was dealt out the way these stupid gun laws are now days.

Haha - ok, with that one ill give into you. He rolled the dice and won. You bet on him and got it right

Or made a huge payoff, AKA Ray Lewis

Which witness or victims family member are you implying he paid off?

Or are you accusing each of paying off the judge/court?

Edited by NoSaint

Why would you post a quote from me that I already posted?

Was it not enough that I posted it?

Well, you were tooting your own horn about intially putting him in "the 24%", despite subsequently thinking it was "definitely bad" after you found out the gun was loaded. One could have concluded after that statement that you no longer thought he was in the 24%. Now you say you were right all along.

Well, you were tooting your own horn about intially putting him in "the 24%", despite subsequently thinking it was "definitely bad" after you found out the gun was loaded. One could have concluded after that statement that you no longer thought he was in the 24%. Now you say you were right all along.

Once again you mischaracterize what happened.

I didn't say I was right all along. I re-posted every comment I made in the thread including the one admitting that I thought he "might still be in the 24% (the figure I originally posted) but had no idear."

However I never came down from (recanted) that he might be in the 24%. After you posted stating that he had a loaded gun, I clearly had a moment of pause. It's right there in writing which I re-posted.

However I never believed like you did that Bowers would have the book thrown at him.

In fact most of my posts on this topic challenged others who said that for all intents and purposes, this was equivalent to the Plaxico Burress case.

You are awesome, Mrags! I never doubted you. You always nail these things. You. Da. Man.

hey, do you think I could borrow $20?

i was just about to ask you for $50

Funny, I was thinking I could use $70 right now. Need enough for greens fees, a cart, and a pitcher or two afterwards.

Unregistered "loaded" firearm in a NYC airport = $250 fine + $120 surcharge

Throwing an empty McDonalds cup out the window in disgust while listening to the Bills postgame show on your way home from the stadium (Thruway) = $250 fine + $120 surcharge.

Moral of the story, guns don't kill people, paper cups do.

Once again you mischaracterize what happened.

I didn't say I was right all along. I re-posted every comment I made in the thread including the one admitting that I thought he "might still be in the 24% (the figure I originally posted) but had no idear."

However I never came down from (recanted) that he might be in the 24%. After you posted stating that he had a loaded gun, I clearly had a moment of pause. It's right there in writing which I re-posted.

However I never believed like you did that Bowers would have the book thrown at him.

In fact most of my posts on this topic challenged others who said that for all intents and purposes, this was equivalent to the Plaxico Burress case.

Your last two posts about this subject back then were that you "had know idear" what would happen and that the loaded gun made you take pause. I understand all of that. Not sure why you now expect kudos when your position was you didn't know what would happen. That's all. I picked a position and stuck with it.

So mrags gets a full +1 but SJBFs at at +.5 for hedging his bets?

Is that the proper message board cred to dole out for this thread? Just trying to keep my spreadsheet up to date and accurate.

Edited by NoSaint

So mrags gets a full +1 but SJBFs at at +.5 for hedging his bets?

Is that the proper message board cred to dole out for this thread? Just trying to keep my spreadsheet up to date and accurate.

Orange slices all around!