DaQuan bowers arrested

NoSaint

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know many were upset when we didnt take him in 2011 (though the qbs get more attention)

Arrested at the airport with a gun - facing the same charges as plaxico

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/buccaneers-defensive-end-da-quan-bowers-arrested-carrying-003335208--nfl.html

Edited by NoSaint

ROLF LMAO dat is errrrrrr smart dude!!!! Well yea I mean seriously a loaded handgun in a airport....hmmmmmm wow..O.O

I'm glad you find it so funny. I hope I get the chance to watch someone kick you in the nuts so I can ROFL LMAO.

Maybe he didn't realize it was in his carry on. I find it hard to believe he'd try to smuggle a gun onto a plane. But he made a mistake so !@#$ him; let's giggle while they throw him in jail and possibly end his career and livelihood. That's some funny **** right there.

I'm glad you find it so funny. I hope I get the chance to watch someone kick you in the nuts so I can ROFL LMAO.

Maybe he didn't realize it was in his carry on. I find it hard to believe he'd try to smuggle a gun onto a plane. But he made a mistake so !@#$ him; let's giggle while they throw him in jail and possibly end his career and livelihood. That's some funny **** right there.

Story breaking is he 100% knew it was in there.

Edited by NoSaint

Lighten up Francis.

I was perhaps too harsh on Bowers although perhaps not.

The story is that he told security that he had a handgun.

Maybe he was hoping that they could check it or hold it for him?

Still stupid but apparently he didn't try to breach security with it/sneak it aboard.

didnt read the article or hear any other info but right after I saw what happened this is immediately what I thought of.

The guy probably wanted to transport the weapon properly and attempted to do so but was not helped. Or was not aware of the proper directions.

I have a concealed weapons permit and can carry anywhere in NY, NYC, or any of the other 49 states and that includes airplanes. Do I know the proper procedures to do this? Absolutely not.

Just making a point, maybe he has a permit for the weapon in another state but doesn't know the correct way to transport the weapon.

As far as comparing his story to Plaxicos story. There's one big difference, his weapon wasnt fired in a public place. Just saying.

I highly doubt he recieves any jail time. More likely a bunch of hefty fines and community service. At the worst case ( for him), maybe he is given the option between prison time or a shock incarceration center. In that case, there's a huge possibility he comes to my jail. Ill make sure I get autographs.

Just unreal that people don't know how tough the NYC law is on handguns. This just after NYS passed the toughest gun laws in the nation

A friend of mine told me his brother was being carjacked and shot the culprit, didn't kill him tho. The brother got more time in prison for having an unlicensed handgun then the carjacker did.

In Nassau county You even need a permit to own a rifle or shotgun, and getting a permit for a handgun is almost impossible . http://www.police.co.nassau.ny.us/forms_faq.htm

Just unreal that people don't know how tough the NYC law is on handguns. This just after NYS passed the toughest gun laws in the nation

A friend of mine told me his brother was being carjacked and shot the culprit, didn't kill him tho. The brother got more time in prison for having an unlicensed handgun then the carjacker did.

In Nassau county You even need a permit to own a rifle or shotgun, and getting a permit for a handgun is almost impossible . http://www.police.co.nassau.ny.us/forms_faq.htm

pretty sure it's also illegal to have a concealed weapons permit unless you have Peace Officer status as well.

didnt read the article or hear any other info but right after I saw what happened this is immediately what I thought of.

The guy probably wanted to transport the weapon properly and attempted to do so but was not helped. Or was not aware of the proper directions.

I have a concealed weapons permit and can carry anywhere in NY, NYC, or any of the other 49 states and that includes airplanes. Do I know the proper procedures to do this? Absolutely not.

Just making a point, maybe he has a permit for the weapon in another state but doesn't know the correct way to transport the weapon.

As far as comparing his story to Plaxicos story. There's one big difference, his weapon wasnt fired in a public place. Just saying.

I highly doubt he recieves any jail time. More likely a bunch of hefty fines and community service. At the worst case ( for him), maybe he is given the option between prison time or a shock incarceration center. In that case, there's a huge possibility he comes to my jail. Ill make sure I get autographs.

The problem is the NY law doesn't discriminate between the two cases. It's a 3.5 minimum just for having it, not shooting it.. I'd confidently say he gets a lesser charge to plea to but I imagine it'll be hard to get down to nothing in jail.

It'd be interesting if some writers researched the typical punishment here, as he can't be the first.