Scouting Nassib, Manuel, and Dysert A Metrics breakdown

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's apple season, pick apples.

If the QB is not there I hope they take a better LB/DL/OL prospect and not try to morph a lesser QB prospect into the next Philip Rivers, Jim Kelly or Andrew Luck.

I don't want them to reach for a QB at all. Wait til later rounds and draft someone with the hey why not try it type of thing

I would like to point out that according to the charts.............Nassib look like the best option. Before you bite my head off tho............I am not sure that I agree. I still would like dysert in later rounds. That is based on not a lot other than I think he has the tools to be sucessful in the NFL, wouldn't cost us a high draft pick( where we have greater needs), and I have a feeling:)

Edited by buffalobillsgrl

Dalton is a multi year pro bowl QB already. Threw more TD's this year than Eli, Big Ben, Russel Wilson to name a few and that's with a sketchy O-line and a lukewarm running attack. Led a loser squad to the playoffs twice. If Nassib=Andy Dalton we would take him in a heartbeat.

I know he sucked in the playoff game against the Texans, but they just couldn't stop Houston's pass rush, like most teams in the league.

Operative phrase = "playoff game". We all know our current "starter" won't see that.

As for the OP, I have not watched tape on Nassib yet, but I like Manuel's athleticism and Dysert is better out of the pocket than what I have read about him. Again, it's going to come down to system and playing to strengths. Flacco excelled on completing balls in the 15 - 20 yard range once Caldwell took over and played to his mid range accuracy.

Interesting, informative link.

I would like to point out that according to the charts.............Nassib look like the best option. Before you bite my head off tho............I am not sure that I agree. I still would like dysert in later rounds. That is based on not a lot other than I think he has the tools to be sucessful in the NFL, wouldn't cost us a high draft pick( where we have greater needs), and I have a feeling:)

What greater need could there possibly be for a team that hasn't had a winning record in such a long time other than QB? Inside linebackers don't win you many games. Strong safeties don't carry you in the playoffs.

We need a QB early in the draft. Avoiding the QB position and trying to think that we can take one later in the draft and hope he develops a few years down the road is what will keep us out of the playoffs.

What greater need could there possibly be for a team that hasn't had a winning record in such a long time other than QB? Inside linebackers don't win you many games. Strong safeties don't carry you in the playoffs.

We need a QB early in the draft. Avoiding the QB position and trying to think that we can take one later in the draft and hope he develops a few years down the road is what will keep us out of the playoffs.

Yep.

we need the right QB not just a qb. If they truly believe the guy is there then go ahead.......but we shouldn't just take one early to take one

Agreed. However I'd say it has to be in Round 2, unless they are completely blown away by somebody. QB is the one position they absolutely must take care of.

Agreed. However I'd say it has to be in Round 2, unless they are completely blown away by somebody. QB is the one position they absolutely must take care of.

i'm still fearful that if you wait until pick 10 in round 2, then the guy you wanted, along with your 2nd and possibly 3rd choices will be gone as well. in a draft that is argueably very thin at qb, i am of the opinion that that makes it even more important to identify your guy and take him early.

Our OL i think is in decent shape. A huge problem in the past has been passing way too often on QB's. I say we go the opposite approach and put as many QB's as we can on the team for training camp. We have 90 spots to fill......why not have 5 QB's and start making cuts from there.

I would think the answer is obvious, no? Why waste draft picks on what you know will be cuts?

Haven't read the whole thread yet so my apologies if already mentioned.

Tim-

This thread is was AIDS to read. My goodness.

And thank you for your considerable contribution. :nana:

I don't want them to reach for a QB at all. Wait til later rounds and draft someone with the hey why not try it type of thing

I'm in that small but vocal group who would be perfectly fine burning two draft picks on QBs a la RGIII and Cousins.

we need the right QB not just a qb. If they truly believe the guy is there then go ahead.......but we shouldn't just take one early to take one

That's why I think you double your odds.

only cuz youve never dated me

ill be here all week. try the veal

The veal? You are a meathead. :doh:

I too think that Dysert in the later rounds would be a steal if he falls that far.

The kid had arguably the worst supporting cast around him and literally carried his team on his back (watch some film on this kid and count the dropped balls and the time he had to get rid of the ball). Has enough mobility to slide around in the pocket and throw on the run. For the most part he has a very strong and accurate arm. Does not have the raw athletics of Gino or Manuel, but seems to have the QB IQ that could run the kind of offense that Marrone would like to install pretty easily.

The Bleacher Report has done probably the most complete breakdown and assessment of him that I found. I tried to link to it and got an error, but search on Bleacher Report and Dysert and they have a breakdown of why they feel the Jets should take him at #9 as Sanchez is not the answer for that club.

I too think that Dysert in the later rounds would be a steal if he falls that far.

The kid had arguably the worst supporting cast around him and literally carried his team on his back (watch some film on this kid and count the dropped balls and the time he had to get rid of the ball). Has enough mobility to slide around in the pocket and throw on the run. For the most part he has a very strong and accurate arm. Does not have the raw athletics of Gino or Manuel, but seems to have the QB IQ that could run the kind of offense that Marrone would like to install pretty easily.

The Bleacher Report has done probably the most complete breakdown and assessment of him that I found. I tried to link to it and got an error, but search on Bleacher Report and Dysert and they have a breakdown of why they feel the Jets should take him at #9 as Sanchez is not the answer for that club.

He is my QB and I am sticking with him :) I think I have seen that a lot of people on TBD dislike bleacher report or don't consider it a useful source of information.........however I really like that site. I like the way everything is broken down. Also one of my favorite people to argue(I mean discuss) football with writes for them......or is posted on their a lot.......so to everyone who hates bleacher report....ok but I don't fall in that category.

And yes off topic again I went