Fairly shocked and frankly disappointed at PPP right now...

dayman

LITERALLY no JJ Jr. topic? You guys slipping...

http://media.nbcchic...Jindictment.pdf

JJ made direct expenditures totaling $57,792.83.

JJ and campaign worker used campaign credit card for $582,772.58.

JJ gave $112,150.39 to two campaign aides solely for the purpose of engaging in transactions that benefited him.

JJ and campaign aide lied to FEC and House of Reps

A few items include a $43,350 Rolex, $9,587.57 worth of children's furniture...the aide bought $5,150 worth of fur capes and parkas...he paid staff for work not done, he bought porcelain collectors items, he bought Bruce Lee and MLK Jr. memorabilia, footballs signed by ex-presidents, Michael Jackson memorabilia, Malcolm X stuff, mink capes and parkas....

Prosecution would have likely asked for nearly 5 years. He is reported to be bargaining and will almost certainly do significant time. He is not THE most corrupt politician we have had in office but he might be the dumbest of all time....

Edited by SameOldBills

What's so hilarious is the direct expenditures alleged total 57K...and are the most blatant and stupid of all...and 43K flashy rolex was a direct expenditure...lol...

JJ gonna try like a D'Jango sum bee ache he is to try & blame it on his "depression".

My take is he fell "ill" once he found out his illegal credit card were getting turned off. Where's your daddy and his NAACP buddies now?

On that note... His old district has been redrawn to include where I live. The election is 2/26... You should see all the flyers in the mail. Nothing but gun control. You conservatives would keel over dead from the political mileage they are getting on gun control! Oh, boy... Even a liberal like myself wants to puke!

well in his defense he certainly did really need that $4600 michael j fox fedora

His defense was to throw his wife (Sandi) under the bus! Oh my!

What makes thiseven more sad is that if he were to run for re election, his constituents would still vote him in.

Reminds me of the Philly mayoral race 10 years ago or so. John Street (Dem career politician) was running against Rep Sam Katz (local businessman). Street was losing by in the polls with just a few weeks to go. Then the Street people find a listening device (bug) in their office and accuse the Katz campaign of dirty tricks. The Katz people deny and the FBI admits that the bug is theirs, and they were investigating the Street administration of payola schemes and the like. In the very next set of polls, Street had the lead and went on to an easy 16 point win. After the bug surfaced, the Street campaign turned up the institutional racism rhetoric to a fever pitch. It was surreal.

Documentary description sums it up well.

http://en.wikipedia....Shame_of_a_City

The only good news is that Street was so scummy that when his second term expired, Philly elected a guy with a pretty solid reputation for honesty and reform, Michael Nutter, the current mayor.

Edited by John Adams

JJ gave $112,150.39 to two campaign aides solely for the purpose of engaging in transactions that benefited him.

A few items include a $43,350 Rolex, $9,587.57 worth of children's furniture...the aide bought $5,150 worth of fur capes and parkas...he paid staff for work not done, he bought porcelain collectors items, he bought Bruce Lee and MLK Jr. memorabilia, footballs signed by ex-presidents, Michael Jackson memorabilia, Malcolm X stuff, mink capes and parkas....

Prosecution would have likely asked for nearly 5 years. He is reported to be bargaining and will almost certainly do significant time. He is not THE most corrupt politician we have had in office but he might be the dumbest of all time....

That's Dave in Elma's jurisdiction. Blame him.

That's Dave in Elma's jurisdiction. Blame him.

Yeah, really, the single biggest story where DIE could basically go wild, and not catch hell...because this is not some obscure thing, with a tenous premise...and he boots it? :lol:

For my part, Welcome to Chicago. I wonder where the douchebag, who gave me a hard time when I said: "Political Corruption in Chicago is common knowledge, you unimitigated moron." is today?

Hiding. Especially we are currently seeing what happens when Alderman Obama tries to do a job that is way over his head. Aldermans don't lead anything, they split their time between running around their ward calling their opponents names, and paying off the people who voted for them. Sound familiar?

Let's not forget why the spotlight was flashed on Jr. to begin with. He was trying to raise money to buy Obama's senate seat. Had he not been involved in that, he'd still be prancing around with the fancy watch and a fine cigar.

Edited by keepthefaith