Potential film on Bills comedy or tragedy?

Beerball

I'm torn...

I could play the sniveling-little-whiny-shlt local newpaper reporter who finds a big black lining in every silver cloud

or I could go 'upbeat' and play the die-hard (literally) fan, hoping to see a Superbowl win in my lifetime...

Which do ya think? :unsure:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

I'm torn...

I could play the sniveling-little-whiny-shlt local newpaper reporter who finds a big black lining in every silver cloud

or I could go 'upbeat' and play the die-hard (literally) fan, hoping to see a Superbowl win in my lifetime...

Which do ya think? :unsure:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Take option #2.

I have read the Draft Day screenplay. It's absolutely terrible. I have no idea why it got such a good review from so many managers and agents, but I can only assume anyone that read it knows nothing about the NFL or the NFL Draft because it's utterly preposterous. It seems written by two guys who know little about the NFL, the draft, or the Bills.

They positioned it because of one of the great parts of Moneyball when Brad Pitt is bargaining over the phone to other GMs with Jonah Hill in the room, and that's the crux of this, but it's incredibly stupid and sophomoric. I know it's supposed to be a goofy comedy but it's just plain dumb.

If you would like some info on story without Buffalo News nagware reminder you need to sign up to see future articles (or change browsers, browser modes, clean cookies, etc) here is another article on it:

Reitman toured Ralph Wilson Stadium with Bills President Russ Brandon, VP of Marketing Marc Honan and Buffalo/Niagara Film Commissioner Tim Clark sources tell All Sports WNY. The film has already been endorsed by the NFL and Ivan Reitman has agreed to be the Director.

I have read the Draft Day screenplay. It's absolutely terrible. I have no idea why it got such a good review from so many managers and agents, but I can only assume anyone that read it knows nothing about the NFL or the NFL Draft because it's utterly preposterous. It seems written by two guys who know little about the NFL, the draft, or the Bills.

They positioned it because of one of the great parts of Moneyball when Brad Pitt is bargaining over the phone to other GMs with Jonah Hill in the room, and that's the crux of this, but it's incredibly stupid and sophomoric. I know it's supposed to be a goofy comedy but it's just plain dumb.

That's disappointing.

Did anybody see that Clint Eastwood project "Trouble With the Curve"? It was mediocre all around, but the worst part was that the writers had seemingly never watched a baseball game in their lives. How do you not get consultants for this kind of stuff to say "This makes sense, but this doesn't."? Hell, I could have done that for them.

I don't understand the attraction for making this a film. How is this going to be even remotely interesting for people outside Buffalo? Perhaps being in "Buffalo" is just a very minor part of this film. It probably would have been more realistic if it was the Lions with the first pick. Don't they know going 6/10 every year isn't going to land the top pick?

I concur. I have NO IDEA how it finished #1 on this year's Blacklist. Actually, I do have sort of an idea - It'll appeal to people who know nothing about football. When draft picks start telling GMs over the phone, "you can't pick me #7! I gotta go #1! I got nephews to feed!" then this screenplay will be realistic. And no, I'm not joking - that was an actual conversation in the script. Buffalo also traded away 4 first round draft picks to move up from #7 to #1. Realistic? Maybe that's why they chose Buffalo.

Edited by JayBaller10

I concur. I have NO IDEA how it finished #1 on this year's Blacklist. Actually, I do have sort of an idea - It'll appeal to people who know nothing about football. When draft picks start telling GMs over the phone, "you can't pick me #7! I gotta go #1! I got nephews to feed!" then this screenplay will be realistic. And no, I'm not joking - that was an actual conversation in the script. Buffalo also traded away 4 first round draft picks to move up from #7 to #1. Realistic? Maybe that's why they chose Buffalo.

Yeah there was no way a football fan would like this script, and movie as is, or without changing it dramatically. All I can imagine is that everyone in town was saying you can't make Moneyball into a movie, it's not dramatic enough, and it went into turnaround, and then they made the movie and it was great, and a nice hit. So two guys wrote a football movie and sold it to people who know nothing about football as "Moneyball only Football." But who is going to pay to see this? I don't even see why non football fans would like it. It's just not funny, and the characters aren't any good, and the story is imbecilic.

So, how/where did you guys read this thing; and can any average joe/bills fans do the same?

Just curious, was it the actual final screenplay/draft that they'll be working from?

Edited by Yonder_d7