15 years ago today

DPR4444

Please describe it for me.  As I remember it, that catch should have been fairly routine.  Is my memory going fuzzy?

196156[/snapback]

My dead grandmother could have caught it. :w00t:

Hey Ronnie.... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Biscuit as #55, I remember.  Lofton as #86?  That doesn't seem right, but then again he was picked up that year about mid-season.  Butler probably should have been long gone since he was injured in '86, went on the IR and his roster spot was filled by (drum roll, please)... Stever Tasker!

Can someone with Relentless within arms-reach please confirm the 86-thing?  Lori?

196479[/snapback]

Lofton definitely wore #86 in 1989, I just saw the game last week... sober, even! :w00t: .

As for Butler, IIRC he hung around for a couple years after his last major injury without ever returning to the field.

The team always hoped he could come back, but he never made it. :lol:

...With the game on the line,you make that effin' catch!

If Scott Norwood hadn't missed a field goal earlier in the game,

the Bills could've won the game at the end of regulation with a F.G.

196507[/snapback]

He missed an extra point...

The field was in bad shape, both his miss & Matt Bahr's on a FG attempt came from slipping in the dirt.

if i remember correctly, he tried to hit thurman on the goal line with a sea of linebackers around him while andre was standing WIDE OPEN under the goalposts. 

As for ronnie, i will forever hate him the most of all ex bills players.

Beebe??  he got back into action because he didn't break his neck.  This was the old days when anything besides death or paralysis required you to play.

196474[/snapback]

Ummmmmmm, lemme think here....no! Those weren't the old days. That was just Beebe's character. The old days were way before that.

Remember a certain player that didn't suit up for the Bills one playoff game because he had "the flu"?

Those definately weren't the old days!

Lofton definitely wore #86 in 1989, I just saw the game last week... sober, even! :w00t: .

As for Butler, IIRC he hung around for a couple years after his last major injury without ever returning to the field.

196498[/snapback]

Butler's last action for the Bills was in 1986 when he caught 15 balls in 11 games. I don't think Butler would have been on the roster in 89. I don't think Polian would have kept listing him 3 years after his last action.

I'm trying to check though!

196498[/snapback]

According to the Bills media guide.........James Lofton did, at one time, wear #86!!!

Remember a certain player that didn't suit up for the Bills one playoff game because he had "the flu"?

was this bruce in 97 (?) when he did have the flu (cause he turned down the flu shot) or was it leonard smith a few years before who really had the clap??

My dead grandmother could have caught it.  :blink:

Hey Ronnie.... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

196493[/snapback]

to make matters worse, when Harmon got back to the huddle after the drop, he [allegedly] blamed Kelly, saying he should have thrown the ball sooner.

:blink:

And for all the pi$$ing and moaning about so many Steeler fans at RWS last Sunday, there were easily 20,000 Bills fans in Cleveland that day, me included.

I'll never forget, during the final Bills drive, OJ, doing the game for NBC, was standing in the corner of the end zone the Bills were driving toward, whipping the Bills fans into a frenzy.

And I think he had some very expensive shoes on... :blink:

Yes, Lofton wore #86.  His first action I believe, was the final drive against the Rams on Monday night (1989).....anyone remember that game?  Reichstag hit Reed in the endzone at the end of the game.....

196734[/snapback]

Going into that game the L.A. Rams and Bills were both 4-0.

That game was the first in a four game winning streak Reich led, in place of Kelly, who had been injured by the Colts' John Hand. Kelly called out Howard the House (rookie?) Ballard for missing his block and the Bickering Bills were born. :blink:

I have a poster on my wall of Kelso, Odomes, Conlan, and a #55 Bennett making a tackle on a NY Jets RB #30. Anyone know who #30 on the Jets was around this time? Their web site does not allow roster search by numbers :blink:

Not Freeman McNeil, was it?

That game was the first in a four game winning streak Reich led, in place of Kelly, who had been injured by the Colts' John Hand. Kelly called out Howard the House (rookie?) Ballard for missing his block and the Bickering Bills were born.  :blink:

I have a poster on my wall of Kelso, Odomes, Conlan, and a #55 Bennett making a tackle on a NY Jets RB #30. Anyone know who #30 on the Jets was around this time? Their web site does not allow roster search by numbers  :blink:

196826[/snapback]

I thought McNeil was #27, but I could (and probably am) wrong...

That game was the first in a four game winning streak Reich led, in place of Kelly, who had been injured by the Colts' John Hand. Kelly called out Howard the House (rookie?) Ballard for missing his block and the Bickering Bills were born.  :blink:

I have a poster on my wall of Kelso, Odomes, Conlan, and a #55 Bennett making a tackle on a NY Jets RB #30. Anyone know who #30 on the Jets was around this time? Their web site does not allow roster search by numbers  :blink:

196826[/snapback]

Maybe Marion Barber???

Biscuit as #55, I remember.  Lofton as #86?  That doesn't seem right, but then again he was picked up that year about mid-season.  Butler probably should have been long gone since he was injured in '86, went on the IR and his roster spot was filled by (drum roll, please)... Stever Tasker!

Can someone with Relentless within arms-reach please confirm the 86-thing?  Lori?

196479[/snapback]

We got Lofton in mid season. At the time we had a receiver -I think named Johnson- who wore #80. He was cut the next preseason and Lofton took it. Also, Loftons first Bills trading card incorrectly had this other guy on it. I have it at home. As for Harmon, he definately wasn't the sharpest knive in the drawer but as a receiving back, he was VERY good! That's why he lasted so long after.