15 years ago today

DPR4444

wow, has it been that long?

i remember the moment like it was yesterday.  and it still hurts.

196106[/snapback]

Considering it was Day 1 of my chronic ulcer illness, I remember it quite well.

196106[/snapback]

I was just watching that game the other day while transferring my old VHS tape...

IMO that was not an easy catch to make.

I want to know how Beebe was able to come back and play in the 2nd half after getting bounced on his head, he's lucky he didn't break his neck.

Please describe it for me.  As I remember it, that catch should have been fairly routine.  Is my memory going fuzzy?

196156[/snapback]

His arms were outstretched reaching for the ball, & it hit his fingertips.

Not an impossible catch by any means, but not the easiest either.

When Beebe bounced my heart stopped.

As for the Harmon catch I remember it being on his finger tips and having a very good look at it coming in. 85% of the recievers in the NFL make that play every day. Every coach I have ever had would say, "If you can get your hands on it, you should catch it!!"

Fricking stone hands.

At halftime my ten month old puppy (Golden Retriever) decided to run off with some passing dogs. I spotted him about 500 yards away in a field and went and got him. I got back with him midway through the third quarter. My buddy died about a year and a half ago and the post brought back a fond memory of a mans best pal. I was so mad at Rusty that day......man I miss him now.

in Marv's book he says Ronnie was glancing down to make sure his feet were in bounds as the ball arrived which led to the drop

then again, there's always the Ronnie Harmon gambling conspiracy theory:

"Hawk fans, remember the infamous Ronnie Harmon in the '86 Rose Bowl? Of course you do, like me you all wanted to kill him. I still have to exit the room fast when that subject comes up around my dad. He never fumbles his entire career, then suddenly, playing UCLA, he fumbles 4 or 5 times, each time coughing it up directly into the arms of a UCLA defender. HOW F'ING CONVENIENT!!!"

conspiracy theory

I remember that it was only second down.  We still had third and goal.

I wonder (rhetorically) what Bledsoe would have done?

196364[/snapback]

Jimbo got picked by Clay Matthews on the next play with only 4 seconds left on the clock.

Another thing I noticed just watching the game was that players were dropping balls all game long, the ball was slick that day.

Also, it was weird watching Biscuit wearing #55 (Radecic wore #97) and Lofton wearing #86 (I think Butler was still on the payroll, but on IR).

Anybody remember Mickey Sutton? :w00t:

196106[/snapback]

No kidding. That hurt so much, as much as I liked Ronnie Harmon, I understood he had to go. Part of me felt good for him that he still had a productive career elsewhere, but he had to go.

Jimbo got picked by Clay Matthews on the next play with only 4 seconds left on the clock.

if i remember correctly, he tried to hit thurman on the goal line with a sea of linebackers around him while andre was standing WIDE OPEN under the goalposts.

As for ronnie, i will forever hate him the most of all ex bills players.

Beebe?? he got back into action because he didn't break his neck. This was the old days when anything besides death or paralysis required you to play.

Another thing I noticed just watching the game was that players were dropping balls all game long, the ball was slick that day.

Also, it was weird watching Biscuit wearing #55 (Radecic wore #97) and Lofton wearing #86 (I think Butler was still on the payroll, but on IR).

Anybody remember Mickey Sutton? :w00t:

196448[/snapback]

Biscuit as #55, I remember. Lofton as #86? That doesn't seem right, but then again he was picked up that year about mid-season. Butler probably should have been long gone since he was injured in '86, went on the IR and his roster spot was filled by (drum roll, please)... Stever Tasker!

Can someone with Relentless within arms-reach please confirm the 86-thing? Lori?