"Youth Movement" is the new "Kool-aid" at OBD

The BILLS make you wanna' doubt!

Not the fans.

The Bills.

The brand is tarnished.

"Hate"in the sarcastic context you are trying to use it is unjustified or unnecessary criticism.

When the man in charge of the franchise feels the need to announce that the team has been so bad that the BRAND itself is tarnished....that is ugly.

At this point, the only hatin' going on here is fan-on-fan hate by people such as yourself who take their frustration with the team out on other Bills fans in the disguise of homer-ism.

One can't even argue the performance of the organization over the last decade plus. Even the Bills don't try.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As far as the "youth" movement... on the surface, at least, it's a dramatic change. Everything about the Bills, from the owner on down has been old school and seemingly way behind the rest of the league. Old coaches, old ideas, no forward thinking, just recycling old ****. Can't inspire young athletes or even get their attention.

Good post!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, the boss says the brand is tarnished. If you are a fan of the team, that is your sign.

They know they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt that they will put a winner on the field. They know they have to prove themselves. They just want the support that matters. Which they GET at the box office.

If fans could make players better, make players work harder and play smarter they would. They can't.

You are right. They have to prove things are different. So why call what they are doing now kool aid? Is Brandon making guarantees?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

But you have no problem with some hack lobbing crap bombs at the Bills one month into a totally new regime? Can't we wait until the draft or first OTA to declare it a disaster?

Using the past 13 years as proof we will keep failing is ridiculous, and takes away any reason to be a Bills fan. Then again maybe that's the idea.

PTR

I don't see it as a hack lobbying crap. I see it as a PO'd fan voicing his frustration (found the article on "Fanposts" on the Buffalo Rumblings site). I agree with BADOBEELZ, when the CEO says the brand is tarnished, he's even admitting there's a big problem. The stats provided in the post shows why the brand is tarnished. As fans, we should expect much better from the team that we spend our time and money on.

You are right. They have to prove things are different. So why call what they are doing now kool aid? Is Brandon making guarantees?

PTR

IMO, until the Bills address the most pressing needs, such as having a legitimate franchise QB (something not seen since Jim Kelly), and drastically improve the defense, everything else they do can be considered "kool-aid."

Hiring a what?

What was that word?

I will refrain from any excitement until after next season. That is my goal anyway. All of this bickering and negativity will go away when the Bills start winning.

Edited by Kevin

So basically there is nothing the Bills can do that isn't some cheap marketing stunt. Okay.

PTR

Llke re-doing the Toronto series!

5 years.

I wonder if Ralph gets all that money (shekels) up front?

Answer: When you sell a sub par product for over a decade.

(actually longer but that's a story for another day).

with little to no effort to improve it.

I'd like to call it theft anyways.

And who put the gun to your head?

I won't argue about how good/bad the Bills have been but to say no effort to improve the team has been made is just retarded. They are making an effort, it just hasn't worked out.

But keep on spinning it your way. Oh whoa are we! Poor abused Bills fans. Ralph is so mean to us. No other team in the NFL is as bad as we are. He keeps the Bills in Buffalo because he is a greedy old bastard. He keeps ticket prices low to rip us off. He spent $100M on Mario Williams so we can keep losing. Wahh wah wahhhhhh!

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

How about

"insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

I dont know how this is going to turn out.....but it IS being done differently

Hiring a HC with some NFL experience right out of the college ranks where he put together e record of middling success......yeah, that's a new direction for the Bills.

How about

"insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

I dont know how this is going to turn out.....but it IS being done differently

It depends on how you look at it.

I am very hopeful that Marrone can turn it around and he is aided by the fact that to be bad as long as the Bills have, you basically have to do just about everything wrong all the time.......and that hasn't been the case lately.

They haven't drafted outstanding, but they haven't drafted a lil' Donte, a Maybin or a Mckelvin with a high pick in several years.

Parity is actually starting to take it's natural course and the roster is improved to the point that if they just had a QB they should quickly become a team with a very good shot at a playoff berth.

His arrival compares talent-wise to the arrival of Meathead Mularkey, who parlayed a decent roster into a near playoff season his first year.

But that's the concern, is he another Meathead former coordinator hire like Mularkey or Gregg Williams? Yes, he was a head coach for a couple years in college and those two hadn't been head coaches. But is that really a significant distinction?

Obviously, a real change would be hiring a head coach who has won a Super Bowl. Not only have the Bills never won one, but they have never even had a HC who ever raised a Lombardi as a head coach anywhere THAT would have been a change. It would actually have been more out-of-the-box for the Bills to hire a HC who had significant NFL HC experience AND a winning record like Lovie Smith(who I do not like) than it would have been hiring Marrone. You pretty much have to go back to Chuck Knox since they have done that.

When the Bills hired Gailey, he was a different kind of hire than they had ever made too. But then they immediately used their top pick on another RB, dumped the one they had just spent a top pick on a couple years earlier for peanuts and drafted CB Aaron Williams with a very high second round pick the next year. These are things that were consistent with the past stupidity of the organization. A LOT of things were wrong with this organization, hiring Marrone may be a real, positive change but even if it is there were a lot of other problems to fix.

I have said it before and I will say it again.....

- Being a successful head coach has nothing to do with being the best X's and O's guy out there. It is about being a "team manager"......the success or failure of a head coach rides on

- Who he picks as his DC and OC

- Is his starting QB worth a damn

- Are they drafting well enough to not only come up with starters but not fall apart if they have to play a couple of reserves

Im gonna be honest....I know next to NOTHING about Hackett.........and I know even less about the ST coordinator.......but the DC was a SLAM DUNK.......Pettine could have taken LAST years team and turned it top 10.....and that my friends would have probably gotten us a winning record at the very least.

Keep in mind......while our offense could be improved our DEFENSE is what is really really bad........if Hackett can at least call a defense on par with what we have now.....with the improved defense Morrone will come out smelling like a rose.

I am willing to give him that chance.

.......Obviously, a real change would be hiring a head coach who has won a Super Bowl. Not only have the Bills never won one, but they have never even had a HC who ever raised a Lombardi as a head coach anywhere THAT would have been a change....

Just nitpicking here....

......are you aware that no NFL HC has won a SB for two separate teams?