Can We Get Rid Of Aaron Williams Quick Enough?

BuffBill

hes gotten torched twice as bad as mckelvin ever has IMO.

And it is only twice as bad because he has missed so many games with injury. There comes a time when you have to count your losses and dump someone. McKelvin is not a very good corner, but the Bills were better off with him in there when Williams was hurt.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta remember the Bills success at drafting, more misses then hits. A blindfolded monkey throwing at the draft chart could do as well. Part of the reason they drafted 18+ different DB's the last 7 years.

How many #1's spent on RB's and DB's vs QB's is the biggest reason for the last 13 years.

Gotta remember the Bills success at drafting, more misses then hits. A blindfolded monkey throwing at the draft chart could do as well. Part of the reason they drafted 18+ different DB's the last 7 years.

How many #1's spent on RB's and DB's vs QB's is the biggest reason for the last 13 years.

If I am not mistaken just three years ago in Buddy's first draft, they took 3 DE's, two years later they spent $150 million dollars on that position alone and already had Kelsay on a big contract?

If I am not mistaken just three years ago in Buddy's first draft, they took 3 DE's, two years later they spent $150 million dollars on that position alone and already had Kelsay on a big contract?

Maybin was the last DE they drafted. In Buddy's first draft they selected Troup and Carrington, both DTs. Edited by Carey Bender

A whole lot of mentally obsessed weirdos attacking a 22 year old on social media about his job performance. 22 year old reply's with childish meme's and everyone is SOOOO offended. What a weird society we live in.

Its pathetic, isnt it? There's something about NFL fans, or maybe the way even normal people react to the NFL, that turns them into obsessive, loudmouthed idiots with a huge sense of entitlement.

I put it on Bills fans to show even a minor amount of class and just leave the guy alone.

Or better yet, how about offering some words of encouragement to the guy? He's a Buffalo Bill, after all, and seems like a decent character aside from behaving a bit like a typical 22-year-old on the internet.

None of the CB's on this team looked all that good this year. Even Gilmore had his share of rough play. I'm okay with keeping our 5 young guys (Gilmore, McKelvin, Williams, Brooks, Rogers) for one more season to see how they do with different coaching and a better pass rush.

CJ Spiller was the biggest bust for his first three seasons.

PTR

Spiller just finished his 3rd year.. you're thinking of his 1st year only and he never looked as lost as Williams does out there.

Still though.. you cant give up on him yet.

Or better yet, how about offering some words of encouragement to the guy? He's a Buffalo Bill, after all, and seems like a decent character aside from behaving a bit like a typical 22-year-old on the internet.

None of the CB's on this team looked all that good this year. Even Gilmore had his share of rough play. I'm okay with keeping our 5 young guys (Gilmore, McKelvin, Williams, Brooks, Rogers) for one more season to see how they do with different coaching and a better pass rush.

Wouldnt that be an absolutely amazing thing? Unfortunately, I think it's far too much to expect of the Twitterverse and the people who live their life there.

I kind of wish sports figures could be banned from Twitter unless they are really going to be inventive with it like Brandon McCarthy of the Diamondbacks is. It's just kind of a waste of time and these guys basically show themselves to be the kids they are for the most part.

It's fine, and I understand it can be interesting and insightful sometimes, but how much is really communicated among athletes and fans on Twitter? Either a guy is likeable / good and sponges adulation from it, or he has a rough game / suffers fools and takes it personally and makes himself look worse in the end. It's so much noise.

Wouldnt that be an absolutely amazing thing? Unfortunately, I think it's far too much to expect of the Twitterverse and the people who live their life there.

The phenomenon of fans berating athletes who fail is probably older than the Roman gladiators. Twitter just brings it closer.

Again, if you're the kind of guy who is going to ask for fans to fawn all over you and follow you, and then get all bent out of shape when they don't like what you do on-field or off-field, you should probably just steer clear of it altogether.

Stevie Johnson is one of the few Bills worth following because he is completely about making it fun and he's ridiculously good-natured.

Isn't this all supposed to fun, after all?

Getting rid of Aaron Williams at this point is just stupid.

He's young. Athletic. And he's going into a defense that is less predictable and, hopefully, brings more pressure. The Bills must give him a chance in this defense. He may be (prolly not, but) the best press CB in NFL History. Since they're not going anywhere in 2013, I think it's important to evaluate their current assets before investing in replacements.

I kind of wish sports figures could be banned from Twitter unless they are really going to be inventive with it like Brandon McCarthy of the Diamondbacks is. It's just kind of a waste of time and these guys basically show themselves to be the kids they are for the most part.

It's fine, and I understand it can be interesting and insightful sometimes, but how much is really communicated among athletes and fans on Twitter? Either a guy is likeable / good and sponges adulation from it, or he has a rough game / suffers fools and takes it personally and makes himself look worse in the end. It's so much noise.

Except athletes are people too, with their own friends and family that they would like to keep in touch with just like the rest of us. They should be able to use these services like the rest of us without being personally attacked on a consistent basis. I dont use Twitter so I dont know if there is the ability to block people, but then you are alienating fans either way. Even though ignoring and blocking them would be the best way to go about it.

Stevie Johnson is probably the best example to use for an athlete who does it right. He mostly uses Facebook to promote his other endeavors (Sponsorships, etc), he always posts in a positive manner, Ive never seen him respond to any haters but have seen him block people from his FB page after they post a few nasty messages. He doesnt run his mouth about the team, but does post some good things that cant be spun into attacks.

Except athletes are people too, with their own friends and family that they would like to keep in touch with just like the rest of us. They should be able to use these services like the rest of us without being personally attacked on a consistent basis. I dont use Twitter so I dont know if there is the ability to block people, but then you are alienating fans either way. Even though ignoring and blocking them would be the best way to go about it.

Stevie Johnson is probably the best example to use for an athlete who does it right. He mostly uses Facebook to promote his other endeavors (Sponsorships, etc), he always posts in a positive manner, Ive never seen him respond to any haters but have seen him block people from his FB page after they post a few nasty messages. He doesnt run his mouth about the team, but does post some good things that cant be spun into attacks.

You can basically have a private twitter feed that is locked and only lets people follow you of whom you approve. And my understanding is you can't DM people that don't follow you, and you can't post something to a private feed. I don't think you're really alienating fans if you simply don't give them something to expect in the first place, and if you don't stoke the fires, they aren't going to get worse. I get that they are people, too, but you can't beg to be left alone and ask people to follow you at the same time. A public life has its risks and its rewards. The President shouldn't have to have Secret Service, either, but s/he has to.

You can basically have a private twitter feed that is locked and only lets people follow you of whom you approve. And my understanding is you can't DM people that don't follow you, and you can't post something to a private feed. I don't think you're really alienating fans if you simply don't give them something to expect in the first place, and if you don't stoke the fires, they aren't going to get worse. I get that they are people, too, but you can't beg to be left alone and ask people to follow you at the same time. A public life has its risks and its rewards. The President shouldn't have to have Secret Service, either, but s/he has to.

I completely agree. If you can have a private account and/or block people, then that's all that needs to be done. Im still not upset about what Williams posted though. Not a huge deal, and he was just giving it as good as he was getting it. Sad that this counts as some kind of news story.

I completely agree. If you can have a private account and/or block people, then that's all that needs to be done. Im still not upset about what Williams posted though. Not a huge deal, and he was just giving it as good as he was getting it. Sad that this counts as some kind of news story.

Yeah. "Know your role" is kinda douchey, because the fans' "role" is to provide these guys the material basis for employment. No fans = empty stadiums = no TV revenue = no millions to make from owners who have gotten rich from fans and advertising. But fair enough. I hope to see improvement from him in his role, and I'll leave it at that.

Well said. There are a lot of "brave" keyboard jockeys on this board and on twitter. He is young and has some talent. I want to see what he can do with our new defensive coordinator, a better pass rush, and better play at safety. There is no reason to give up on a guy who is still developing as a player.