Day After Super Bowl National Holiday

Mark Vader

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As if American productivity isn't down already, not to mention the millions of people who are out of work or those who choose not to find work, another day off is not what we need.

That being said, we could move the Superbowl to Saturday night and have Sunday to recover....but that just makes too much sense.

As if American productivity isn't down already, not to mention the millions of people who are out of work or those who choose not to find work, another day off is not what we need.

That being said, we could move the Superbowl to Saturday night and have Sunday to recover....but that just makes too much sense.

I agree and it makes sense for the TV watching public. But I would guess that the host city wants Saturday night for local establishments to have one big last money grab.

Or adjust the schedule so that the superbowl is always on President's Day weekend then a lot of people already would have Monday off.

Not saying add another waiting weekend but maybe an extra bye week or something along those lines.

EDIT:

The MLK day idea is even better.

Edited by Metal Man

Not bad

Only issue is it tosses playoffs into the holidays, and August is hot for early season games

I guess you could say something like Presidents' Day but you miss that nice September weather and add cold weather games.

But either discussion is an issue for 18 game seasons too, and the nfl has that talk still

Yeah that does make too much sense.

I agree and it makes sense for the TV watching public. But I would guess that the host city wants Saturday night for local establishments to have one big last money grab.

I think you got that right.

I have thought about the Saturday idea for a while, but can see why they think it would hurt ratings. Sunday is the night with least distractions, and yes, most football fans would watch either night. But there be a whole lot, prolly 30% i am guessing, who would not stay in to watch the game on a Saturday night. Too much else to do..hell i would prolly even go out to a nice dinner first and DVR the thing if was on a Saturday night

this

I have thought about the Saturday idea for a while, but can see why they think it would hurt ratings. Sunday is the night with least distractions, and yes, most football fans would watch either night. But there be a whole lot, prolly 30% i am guessing, who would not stay in to watch the game on a Saturday night. Too much else to do..hell i would prolly even go out to a nice dinner first and DVR the thing if was on a Saturday night

Plus Friday and Saturday are your major corporate parties on site.

Or just build the schedule backwards off MLK weekend instead of forward off of Labor Day week....

Can't have it on MLK weekend. Every four years it would compete with the inauguration. Just saying

Even if the Bills were in the Super Bowl?

Come on, does anyone over the age of 25 really need to 'recover' from the Super Bowl? I get a bigger buzz when we go out to dinner with another couple and order two bottles of wine than I will watching the game.

But the simple solution is to move kickoff up a few hours.

National Holidays should be saved for things like the country being founded or recognizing a pivotal civil rights leader. A football game is hardly a reason to have off work and to have it be a National "Holiday"

i mean, we could dedicate it to someone - we dont have to call it super bowl monday.... just next time they discuss adding the honor to someone, we should nudge them that way!