Senior Bowl Practice & Game Thread

Bangarang

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missing wide open Wrs in a red flag though. We don't need another fitz. We want to win games

But your basing Nassib & the others QB's on One All Star Game, where the QB are playing in a system they are not familiar with, you can't judge talent that way, its the body of work of the player, Geno Smith & Matt Barkley didn't play are the 7th RDers now

Just wait till the combine before judging, I am not a Glennon Fan but I need more info before I total writing him off

Maybe these quarterbacks will do better if they spend more than a few days learning a new system with a bunch of guys they've never met. I think most of the talent evaluations are on other players.

we can compare them to each other, they all have the same issues, we can see what others are capable of. trying to stay objective, some good moments for EJ Manuel, Wilson, and Glennon. Some scary stuff for Landry Jones, Dysert, and Nassib, looked pretty bad in comparison to the other QB's in the game. Missing throws, misreads, throwing into 3 defenders. I can forgive timing with recievers, but these guys aren't even playing the same game. Rate the better QB's however you like in the draft, but the bottom 3 are significantly worse given the same exact preparation coaching and receiving

Missing wide open Wrs in a red flag though. We don't need another fitz. We want to win games

THIS

Its one game guys if Ryan Nassib looked like Joe Montana everyone would be saying " He'll get Drafted before #8 we got no chance" relax wait till after the combine before jumping the gun

Yes his stock could go up, it could also go down. which it did. he did not have good accuracy or even make mediocre reads. his mobility seemed sluggish. I wasnt a Nassib fan to begin with looking at tape, but given the same amount of time to prepare as the other QB's he was bottom half. Hell he wasnt even originally invited to the game. He did what he should have and stunk it up.

But your basing Nassib & the others QB's on One All Star Game, where the QB are playing in a system they are not familiar with, you can't judge talent that way, its the body of work of the player, Geno Smith & Matt Barkley didn't play are the 7th RDers now

Just wait till the combine before judging, I am not a Glennon Fan but I need more info before I total writing him off

say it however you want.. a tight end wide open 8 yards away should be a completion in any system........Nassib was flat out brutal today......take what you want out of that observation. thats is what we saw from today's sample size this is the "senior bowl" thread

Yes his stock could go up, it could also go down. which it did. he did not have good accuracy or even make mediocre reads. his mobility seemed sluggish. I wasnt a Nassib fan to begin with looking at tape, but given the same amount of time to prepare as the other QB's he was bottom half. Hell he wasnt even originally invited to the game. He did what he should have and stunk it up.

I haven't heard Nassib is fall down on any teams broads because of the Senior Bowl yet, maybe the with the fans but fans love you one week & hate you the next

I read about 5 different reviews of the practice and they pretty much all said the same thing. None of the three looked great, Nassib looked the best of the three. The worrisome part to me (although not at all unexpected) was that Nassib played exactly as his scouting report reads. Smart, quick release, strong arm, a lot of zip on intermediate passes, sometimes tries to force ball into tight windows (I don't personally mind that about him), struggles with accuracy and touch on the long ball. The last one is a big issue. It's something that can be learned, but right now it's a big issue.

Are you talking about Nassib or Fitzpatrick??

say it however you want.. a tight end wide open 8 yards away should be a completion in any system........Nassib was flat out brutal today......take what you want out of that observation. thats is what we saw from today's sample size this is the "senior bowl" thread

Dysert : 10/16 93 5.8 1 1

Glennon : 8/16 82 5.1 0 0

Nassib : 4/10 44 4.4 0 1

Did Nassib Play Bad "yes" but 10 passes isn't much to judge on, I would like to see more than just a Senior Bowl before making a decision is I am the Coach of a Team

Edited by Hater

Did Nassib Play Bad "yes" but 10 passes isn't much to judge on, I would like to see more than just a Senior Bowl before making a decision is I am the Coach of a Team

I've watched Nassib against USC, Rutgers, Louisville, Northwestern, and Missouri multiple times and while I wouldn't say he totally sucks I've seen nothing that suggests he could be an NFL starter let alone a top 10 ten type QB.

The QB play wasn't pretty. Nassib was entirely unimpressive and I can't imagine anyone objectively thinking he's a top 10 draft pick off today's game. :thumbdown:

not to mention that the guy wasnt even originally invited to the game, which would put him at about the 6-8th rated qb coming out of college. no thanks

It's a tough call. Next year with bridgewater, manziel, mccaron, Boyd, and tom brady 2.0 Mr Aaron Murray....the choice will be easier. I'm not feelin nassibs immobility, I see the raw tools are hidden there though. If he drops to 4th I say lock it in. Solidify team w other 3 picks.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It's a tough call. Next year with bridgewater, manziel, mccaron, Boyd the choice will be easier. I'm not feelin nassibs immobility, I see the raw tools are hidden there though. Big kid like locker

Yah.. "like locker" Except that Jake Locker can tuck that rock and outrun anything on the field :lol: -He did it all through college.

My friends, this is truly a year for D.... "D" as in Devonte Holloman (4-3olb), and DJ Swearinger (SS) -I wouldn't even be against Dion Jordan (3-4olb 4-3 DE)

Honorable mention goes to Matt Elam (S)... Yes, I know he's an "M", but still...

Double yes to Dion Jordan if geno and Barkley are gone at 8. Sack monster to go w Mario makes up for orakpo miss. Gotta say Barkley could rule the school with maronnes offense.

Wilson or Ej in 2nd as backup plan Steal this idea buddy !

I read he was down to 235. That is alarming