What's Kitna's contract status?

GG

I think that the Bills should take a look at the guy if he's available this spring.

I think that he's been more than effective on a bad Cincy team, and got a raw deal in Seattle. If you guys are blaming Moulds for the dropsies, live a year with Robinson & Jackson.

I think that the Bills should take a look at the guy if he's available this spring.

I think that he's been more than effective on a bad Cincy team, and got a raw deal in Seattle. If you guys are blaming Moulds for the dropsies, live a year with Robinson & Jackson.

195735[/snapback]

I can see Kitna in Buffalo with Drew backing him up and JP taking another year to learn/ physically prepare for the NFL.

On the ride back from the cinci game all the fans did was ripped on how he cant play in bad weather. They also were complaining about his contract which they thought was too much to be paying a back up. In addition to all of that they said his hands are too small which caused him to suck, especially on the play where TKO took it to the house.

Personally I think that the Bengals fans are out of their minds. But the fact that they focused on him playing horrible in cold/bad weather games makes me weiry.

OUT

On the ride back from the cinci game all the fans did was ripped on how he cant play in bad weather.  They also were complaining about his contract which they thought was too much to be paying a back up.  In addition to all of that they said his hands are too small which caused him to suck, especially on the play where TKO took it to the house. 

Personally I think that the Bengals fans are out of their minds.  But the fact that they focused on him playing horrible in cold/bad weather games makes me weiry.

OUT

195766[/snapback]

These are the same Cincy fans who said TKO was overrated. VERY valid opinion. :D

These are the same Cincy fans who said TKO was overrated.  VERY valid opinion.  :D

195789[/snapback]

Jeez, Kitna isn't an answer, not at all. There's a darn good reason he ended up in Cinci. That's where he belongs.

Sounds a lot like the let's get Jeff Blake stuff that went on here before we traded for Bledsoe. Develop Losman, but pass on him unless he's brought in as a backup.

you got to be KIDDING

195807[/snapback]

No I'm not kidding.

Let's posit the following scenario. Drew's performance this year has also made the front office believe that he has certainly reached his peak, and that a 9-7 maybe 10-6 seasons are what you will expect from Drew. This could be validated by 1-2 games where he's definitely the difference maker in the W column, vs 3-4 games where he's the difference maker in the L column.

Then, let's say that Losman's progress was completely set back by the leg injury and that there's a possibility that he won't really be ready until 2006.

In that case, when you start looking around the league for a potential competitive starting QB, Kitna is at the top of that list.

No I'm not kidding.

Let's posit the following scenario.  Drew's performance this year has also made the front office believe that he has certainly reached his peak, and that a 9-7 maybe 10-6 seasons are what you will expect from Drew.  This could be validated by 1-2 games where he's definitely the difference maker in the W column, vs 3-4 games where he's the difference maker in the L column.

Then, let's say that Losman's progress was completely set back by the leg injury and that there's a possibility that he won't really be ready until 2006. 

In that case, when you start looking around the league for a potential competitive starting QB, Kitna is at the top of that list.

195875[/snapback]

My first impresion of Losman when I saw him in the hotel lobby was, "put some meat on thoses bones." The dude is tall, but man he looks skinny.

195735[/snapback]

League sources say that the Bills will try to get him, and if they do he'll start with Bledsoe backing him up. If not...Bledsoe starts next year.

And they say that either way, Losman's on the bench, because he's nowhere near ready for the NFL.

Please.... if we bring Kitna in here then I'm slitting my wrists. How long has he been in the league? When did he ever prove that he was a great QB? This post is right up there with some of the more absurd crap I've ever read. I mean I was hesitant to even post a response. Kitna? It would be funny except that I suspect some of you are actually serious about considering this guy.

Please.... if we bring Kitna in here then I'm slitting my wrists.  How long has he been in the league?  When did he ever prove that he was a great QB?  This post is right up there with some of the more absurd crap I've ever read.  I mean I was hesitant to even post  a response.  Kitna?  It would be funny except that I suspect some of you are actually serious about considering this guy.

195915[/snapback]

But hey...he's better than Bledsoe... :D

By the way...Travis Henry is gone, too. If not traded, then cut. They're sick of putting up with his crap.

Last years numbers look real good. Of course he gave way to Palmer this year and we know how turning it over to a young inexperienced QB worked out on a team that isn't solid top to bottom. 11 throws for over 40 yards, that means he can get the ball downfield.

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate

2003 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 520 324 62.3 3591 6.91 82 26 15 37/249 37 11 87.4