DREW BLEDSOE VS. FITZPATRICK (stats in b-lo)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz sucks.

Whaaaat? Look at his stats compared to Bledsoes. The stats show who is the better QB. Everyone knows that

You are comparing the Ford Pinto to the Pontiac Aztek. Titanic to the Andrea Doria. Phyllis Diller to Bea Arthur. In the end, it just doesn't matter.

It matters when the thread is started by someone that has fitzmagic tattooed on his neck in Chinese. I think I heard that anyway.

The problem is that when your QB cannot make the deep throws, your running game suffers and your passing game is subjected to gimmick plays. These things are figured out by NFL defenses after a few games.

Hmm...so how was it that we finished with the #6 rushing offense last year if everybody figured it out?

Good grief, are people here so tightly wound they can't just have a decent discussion without crapping all over the OP? I never got the impression he was trying to say "Fitz is great!", just that he was trying to compare his Bills tenure with Bledsoe's tenure, neither of which were stellar.

Yes, Fitz and Bledsoe were about equal in their Bills performances. Neither did much to get the Bills over the hump, despite their supporting casts. Bledsoe won a little more, Fitz had slightly better stats. Neither one got us to the playoffs.

But I think it's at least interesting to consider that Fitz, whom we all think of as an "average" to "below average" QB, was about as good as a Bledsoe in decline. That's something I hadn't considered. Not that it means anything, but it's an interesting thought.

Hmm...so how was it that we finished with the #6 rushing offense last year if everybody figured it out?

Good grief, are people here so tightly wound they can't just have a decent discussion without crapping all over the OP? I never got the impression he was trying to say "Fitz is great!", just that he was trying to compare his Bills tenure with Bledsoe's tenure, neither of which were stellar.

Yes, Fitz and Bledsoe were about equal in their Bills performances. Neither did much to get the Bills over the hump, despite their supporting casts. Bledsoe won a little more, Fitz had slightly better stats. Neither one got us to the playoffs.

But I think it's at least interesting to consider that Fitz, whom we all think of as an "average" to "below average" QB, was about as good as a Bledsoe in decline. That's something I hadn't considered. Not that it means anything, but it's an interesting thought.

thanks man. the lynch mob in here is nuts. understandable i guess since we haven't made the playoffs in like 14 years. just trying to keep things in perspective b/c i know that plenty of people would agree that Bledsoe was our last good QB (though obviously some people disagree w/that notion as well).

thanks man. the lynch mob in here is nuts. understandable i guess since we haven't made the playoffs in like 14 years. just trying to keep things in perspective b/c i know that plenty of people would agree that Bledsoe was our last good QB (though obviously some people disagree w/that notion as well).

I'm leading this version of the lynch mob because this thread popped up seconds after you and I were trading barbs in another thread. Then presto.....fitz vs Bledsoe. Then you mention that Stevie was nothing before fitz and that fitz is the reason Stevie is good. Fitz is a reason Stevie had 3 1000 yards seasons. Why? Because he threw the ball to his best WR a lot. Grats. Stevie is good because of his hard work and because he has talent. It has nothing to do with fitz. If Stevie didn't have 3 1000 yards season, he would still be a good WR. Stats are Numbers. Below average players can accumulate them. Being good is a different. Stevie is good

Even though it was only 10 years ago, bledsoe also played in a different time. Back then fitzpatrick numbers would be that of a top 6-8 qb. Now they are mediocre numbers at best. Look at John Elway or Jim Kellys numbers you would find a lot of qbs today are posting similar numbers but they dont tell the whole story. Fitz has a noodle arm and most importantly whenever he has the chance to win us a game he !@#$s up and either throws a pick or gets a turnover on downs.

i see a fitzpatrick page with stats almost every week.. why?? lol. hes not good, we need a new starter, lets move on

Because the fitz fans get into debates about fitz in other threads, then get so fired up they feel the need to start new threads trying to debunk the thought that fitz sucks.

I'm leading this version of the lynch mob because this thread popped up seconds after you and I were trading barbs in another thread. Then presto.....fitz vs Bledsoe. Then you mention that Stevie was nothing before fitz and that fitz is the reason Stevie is good. Fitz is a reason Stevie had 3 1000 yards seasons. Why? Because he threw the ball to his best WR a lot. Grats. Stevie is good because of his hard work and because he has talent. It has nothing to do with fitz. If Stevie didn't have 3 1000 yards season, he would still be a good WR. Stats are Numbers. Below average players can accumulate them. Being good is a different. Stevie is good

i was working on this thread during lunch break (looking at the numbers between Bledsoe/Fitz) and was replying in the other thread (the WR thread). Is that not allowed?

I like looking at stats and comparing them to other player and being surprised. I never expected Fitz's numbers to be comparable to Bledsoe's b/c in my memory, Bledsoe was "better" . The post about Fitz and Bledsoe is simple and non-confrontational. You're the one who has been having an aneurysm during this thread. Calm down. If you can't handle talking about Fitz, don't post in my thread. END OF STORY.

Edited by bobobonators

Even though it was only 10 years ago, bledsoe also played in a different time. Back then fitzpatrick numbers would be that of a top 6-8 qb. Now they are mediocre numbers at best. Look at John Elway or Jim Kellys numbers you would find a lot of qbs today are posting similar numbers but they dont tell the whole story. Fitz has a noodle arm and most importantly whenever he has the chance to win us a game he !@#$s up and either throws a pick or gets a turnover on downs.

How can you say that???? LOOK AT THE STATS!!!!

Because the fitz fans get into debates about fitz in other threads, then get so fired up they feel the need to start new threads trying to debunk the thought that fitz sucks.

dude, you're a clown. if you think this thread has anything to do with you, you're pathetically mistaken.

How can you say that???? LOOK AT THE STATS!!!!

you're a winner buddy. a real winner.

i'm just trying to argue against the extreme point of view that so many posters on this board have that "fitz is the worst QB in the NFL"; "he's an NFL backup"; "he's absolute garbage"; "what would our WR be with a real QB".

Drew Bledsoe was a real QB, and Fitz's numbers are definitely better across the board in every single category except for INT's.

Drew Bledsoe had a really good season with Dallas after he left B-lo.

All I'm saying is that many here would say that our last great/good QB was Bledsoe (regardless of what his prime was), and all i'm saying is that statistically, it can be argued that Fitz has been better.

Ok, SJ is better than Josh Reed, but Josh Reed would probably be the #2 WR on this roster.

What did Stevie do before Fitz became starter? Who made who look good?

You're implying Stevie is great on his own and if he had a "real QB" instead of having 3 1,000 yd seasons, i suppose he'd have 3 2,000yd seasons? Obviously Stevie throws the ball to himself, catches it, and then runs with it.

If we only had a real QB Stevie would be > Megatron I suppose.

- so you think he should be an nfl starter, not a backup?

- because fitzs numbers are better than Bledsoes during his buffalo tenure, that means he doesn't suck?

- statistically speaking means nothing when discussing stats from different generations. Fitz is better than Kelly too huh....statistically speaking.

- Stevie was nothing before fitz. Which means what? Stevie is good because of fitz?

- Michael Crabtree is good because of Kaepernick. With Alex smith, what did Crabtree do? Now look at him. It's obvious the only reason Crabtree is good is because of Kaepernick.

Fitz isn't a starting QB in the nfl. He's a decent backup that might be able to lead a team to a couple wins. He has a weak arm and no accuracy over 10 yards. He has a high iq and can grow his beard long. We know all of this. It's been beaten to death over the years. Now I know that, statistically speaking, he's better than drew Bledsoe. He's also better than Jim Kelly...statically speaking of course.

dude, you're a clown. if you think this thread has anything to do with you, you're pathetically mistaken.

you're a winner buddy. a real winner.

This thread is a winner. Fitz > Bledsoe.....statistically speaking.