DREW BLEDSOE VS. FITZPATRICK (stats in b-lo)

Bledsoe:

2002: 16 games, 61.5%, 4,359yds, 24td, 15int, 86.0 rating

2003: 16 games, 58.2%, 2,860yds, 11td, 12int, 73.0 rating

2004: 16 games, 56.9%, 2,932yds, 20td, 16int, 76.6 rating

Fitz (as the primary starter):

2010: 13 games, 57.8%, 3000yds, 23td, 15int, 81.8 rating

2011: 16 games, 62.0%, 3,832yds, 24td, 23int, 79.1 rating

2012: 16 games, 60.6%, 3,400yds, 24td, 16int, 83.3 rating

Overall, Fitz has a higher Completion %, 16 more TD's, and a higher QB rating (i couldn't find QBR for bledsoe as I don't think they had that stat back then) in fewer games. Fitz does have 11 more INT's in 3 fewer games.

I know time distorts things, but has Fitz been a better QB for us than Bledsoe was? Discuss...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too funny. Maybe you should add Fitz as a Facebook friend.

lol, man come on. Ya I like Fitz, but I do realize we need to draft a QB and we could use an upgrade. However, if you look at the stats between Bledsoe and Fitz, you can have an argument that statistically speaking, Fitz has been a BETTER QB.

I agree with it. As much as many here hate him, Fitz hasn't been that bad for us. His idiot HC kept pushing him when the strength of the team was a more balanced attack. If we ran a bit more we would have won more games, we might have made the playoffs and we wouldn't be hating Fitz so much.

I agree with it. As much as many here hate him, Fitz hasn't been that bad for us. His idiot HC kept pushing him when the strength of the team was a more balanced attack. If we ran a bit more we would have won more games, we might have made the playoffs and we wouldn't be hating Fitz so much.

The problem is that when your QB cannot make the deep throws, your running game suffers and your passing game is subjected to gimmick plays. These things are figured out by NFL defenses after a few games.

Also, Bledsoe never had as good/consistent OL that the Bills have had the past three seasons with Levitre and Wood anchoring the middle.

SOLD!! lets get that extension extended while we still can. :w00t: :w00t:

i'm just trying to argue against the extreme point of view that so many posters on this board have that "fitz is the worst QB in the NFL"; "he's an NFL backup"; "he's absolute garbage"; "what would our WR be with a real QB".

Drew Bledsoe was a real QB, and Fitz's numbers are definitely better across the board in every single category except for INT's.

Bledsoe:

2002: 16 games, 61.5%, 4,359yds, 24td, 15int, 86.0 rating

2003: 16 games, 58.2%, 2,860yds, 11td, 12int, 73.0 rating

2004: 16 games, 56.9%, 2,932yds, 20td, 16int, 76.6 rating

Fitz (as the primary starter):

2010: 13 games, 57.8%, 3000yds, 23td, 15int, 81.8 rating

2011: 16 games, 62.0%, 3,832yds, 24td, 23int, 79.1 rating

2012: 16 games, 60.6%, 3,400yds, 24td, 16int, 83.3 rating

Overall, Fitz has a higher Completion %, 16 more TD's, and a higher QB rating (i couldn't find QBR for bledsoe as I don't think they had that stat back then) in fewer games. Fitz does have 11 more INT's in 3 fewer games.

I know time distorts things, but has Fitz been a better QB for us than Bledsoe was? Discuss...

Fitz, in his prime, has never been as good as Bledsoe was for us in 2002...Bledsoe was in steep decline after that.

It is a silly argument to make...different players, different coaches...

The problem is that when your QB cannot make the deep throws, your running game suffers and your passing game is subjected to gimmick plays. These things are figured out by NFL defenses after a few games.

Also, Bledsoe never had as good/consistent OL that the Bills have had the past three seasons with Levitre and Wood anchoring the middle.

Bledsoe also had Eric Moulds, Josh Reed, and Peerless Price, all probably better than any single WR we currently have.

Travis Henry wasn't too shabby either...

I'm not sure what we're supposed to discuss. If fitz is a better QB than Bledsoe? Did we make a mistake and not draft fitz #1 overall? Could fitz have led the patriots to the Super Bowl victory over Favre while he was was in high school? Should Harvard QBs be allowed to skip college and go straight to the nfl?

I just don't understand the thread. Bledsoe's career > fitz career. They both were failures as QBs of the bills. Neither could lead us to the playoffs. Is the question, who was the bigger failure? What's to discuss?

Fitz, in his prime, has never been as good as Bledsoe was for us in 2002...Bledsoe was in steep decline after that.

It is a silly argument to make...different players, different coaches...

Drew Bledsoe had a really good season with Dallas after he left B-lo.

All I'm saying is that many here would say that our last great/good QB was Bledsoe (regardless of what his prime was), and all i'm saying is that statistically, it can be argued that Fitz has been better.

I'm not sure what we're supposed to discuss. If fitz is a better QB than Bledsoe? Did we make a mistake and not draft fitz #1 overall? Could fitz have led the patriots to the Super Bowl victory over Favre while he was was in high school? Should Harvard QBs be allowed to skip college and go straight to the nfl?

I just don't understand the thread. Bledsoe's career > fitz career. They both were failures as QBs of the bills. Neither could lead us to the playoffs. Is the question, who was the bigger failure? What's to discuss?

i'm talking about their tenure in Buffalo and not their careers outside of buffalo. obviously you simply can't have a discussion with respect to Fitz aside from saying "fitz sucks" - we get the point.

What happened to Bledsoe when he left buffalo? Yep.

he threw for 23td's and +3600 yds?

Bledsoe also had Eric Moulds, Josh Reed, and Peerless Price, all probably better than any single WR we currently have.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T.....Josh reed is not better than all the WR's we currently have. We know you have an affinity for all things fitz, but lets take one step back.

Josh reed and peerless price were awesome.....what happened when they left buffalo? Oh yeah. Maybe it was the case of Bledsoe making them look good. Something fitz will never do. His weak noodle arm would never allow it

OH NO YOU DIDN'T.....Josh reed is not better than all the WR's we currently have. We know you have an affinity for all things fitz, but lets take one step back.

Ok, SJ is better than Josh Reed, but Josh Reed would probably be the #2 WR on this roster.

Josh reed and peerless price were awesome.....what happened when they left buffalo? Oh yeah. Maybe it was the case of Bledsoe making them look good. Something fitz will never do. His weak noodle arm would never allow it

What did Stevie do before Fitz became starter? Who made who look good?

he also had a much better WR core with Moulds, Price and Reed. A very solid TE in Reimersma, and a damn good and under rated RB in Travis Henry. He also had a much better OC and HC believe it or not.

Too funny. Maybe you should add Fitz as a Facebook friend.

Facebook friend??? I was thinking more along the lines of him getting "Fitz" in Chinese tattooed on the small of his back. Holy manlove.

Edited by Fig Newtons