Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

This is absolute crap. Manti couldn't tell if the person was a girl or a guy?

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo took voice lesson, he is a singer in his church & to hit high notes he had raise his pitch, that's what his Lawyer says

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grow up man. With your mentality, what's the point of even having a forum about anything? Go cancel your account.

And by the way, you have plenty of posts on this thread (more than me probably)...so keep adding to it.

So you are saying this thread is more important than any topic on this board, in sports, or news in general? Its being given more attention than substantially more important news in all facets of news. This is a TMZ story at best, and its getting as much coverage as the Sandy Hook shootings (or alleged shootings if you are one of the 12 million people in love with the hoax claims on the you tube video). More press than Lance Armstrong, a guy who destroyed lives, defrauded an entire sport while simultaneously making the sport relevant for 2 decades, etc etc. Sorry, but this topic has no relevant information to anyone other than gossip girls. And no, I do not have more posts about this than you...way back in the early parts of this thread made a few comments...since then, just enjoying the hilariousness of how people can not stop talking about such an irrelevant story that no one will ever care about ever again.

I was reading a mock draft and when they got to Teo going to Pittsburgh in the teens they said that this story will be a massive media nightmare for any team that drafts him and will follow him for years. I literally starting laughing my ass off...no one is ever going to care about this story ever again except for his teammates and the jokes they get to make when he is a young player on their team.

I was reading a mock draft and when they got to Teo going to Pittsburgh in the teens they said that this story will be a massive media nightmare for any team that drafts him and will follow him for years. I literally starting laughing my ass off...no one is ever going to care about this story ever again except for his teammates and the jokes they get to make when he is a young player on their team.

and other than getting caught up in the media by it.... id wager half the guys in any given locker room are talking to random girls online they havent met. manti just got serious about one, and the media picked it up before he found out it was a scam.

the redskins had to post known scammers twitter handles in their locker room because enough players were reporting issues with it. this "girl" was talking to a host of other players. other players have come out with unrelated incidents of being "had" on stuff like this. he will get his standard dose of rookie hazing (likely will get centered on this topic though) and then he will get his standard dose of trash talk on the field (again, this will likely be part of the material) but i dont think its going to be any media circus or crippling in house distraction.

and other than getting caught up in the media by it.... id wager half the guys in any given locker room are talking to random girls online they havent met. manti just got serious about one, and the media picked it up before he found out it was a scam.

the redskins had to post known scammers twitter handles in their locker room because enough players were reporting issues with it. this "girl" was talking to a host of other players. other players have come out with unrelated incidents of being "had" on stuff like this. he will get his standard dose of rookie hazing (likely will get centered on this topic though) and then he will get his standard dose of trash talk on the field (again, this will likely be part of the material) but i dont think its going to be any media circus or crippling in house distraction.

Exactly

lol...I already clarified that now the interest to me and enertainment is peoples fascination about the story, and not just here, but the news. For god's sake, its on 24/7 on sports talk, spots shows, regular news, etc. I could care less about the story, it is unbelievably meaningless and stupid and belongs on an episode of TMZ like 3 weeks ago. I am fascinated by just how people are so consumed by something so inconsequential over more relevant things in the news. I mean seriously, I have said that multiple times now lol

And I don't really care if the thread dies or doesn't...the fact that this topic has ran 57 pages is socially interesting and that's the story now. To each their own, I don't care that people want to talk about it, I just find it fascinating that they do.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Nice attempt...but you are incorrect in terms of the math equation it presents. Physically a dollar doesn't magically disappear into oblivion, so if $30 existed at the beginning physically, it will still at the end. However, this is a mathematical anomaly and the correct mathematical answer is "no solution" using real numbers. From a math point of view, the 3 friends only paid $27 and the bell hop only has $2 totaling $29...the 30th dollar no longer exists in the equation despite having originated in it.

I can't tell if you are playing with people here or not.

Physical dollars....

The owner has $25

The bell hop has $2

Each of the 3 renters have $1 each.

Total = $30

The confusing tricky part is the bit saying "the 3 friends only paid $27....and the bell hop only has $2". This is not the actual situation but is only made to sound like it is the situation.

The bell hop's $2 comes out of the $27. The true way to say it is "the 3 friends only paid $27.....out of which $2 was paid to the bell hop."

....or using the original "So, that means, each friend paid $9 each for the room after receiving a $1 back each, for a total of $27...the Bell Hop has the other $2...well that only totals $29, so what happened to the 30th Dollar?"...

As stated above....the bell hop's $2 is accounted for in the $27. $27 and $3 back equals $30.

It's a nice trick.

I hope I didn't spoil your fun if you were wanting to confuse others. :flirt:

Edited by Dibs

I can't tell it you are playing with people here or not.

Physical dollars....

The owner has $25

The bell hop has $2

Each of the 3 renters have $1 each.

Total = $30

The confusing tricky part is the bit saying "the 3 friends only paid $27....and the bell hop only has $2". This is not the actual situation but is only made to sound like it is the situation.

The bell hop's $2 comes out of the $27. The true way to say it is "the 3 friends only paid $27.....out of which $2 was paid to the bell hop."

....or using the original "So, that means, each friend paid $9 each for the room after receiving a $1 back each, for a total of $27...the Bell Hop has the other $2...well that only totals $29, so what happened to the 30th Dollar?"...

As stated above....the bell hop's $2 is accounted for in the $27. $27 and $3 back equals $30.

It's a nice trick.

I hope I didn't spoil your fun if you were wanting to confuse others. :flirt:

Nice reply...and no I am not messing with anyone, its a real math equation with the correct mathematical answer of "no solution". Here is the where it falls apart. If you had $30 in single ones...one of those physical and real paper dollars are not going to magically vanish. However, when you redo the math, the equation loses a dollar in the mathematical calculation and can not be solved as equal using real numbers.

Originally, the 3 guys gave exactly $10 each. That totals $30.

In the end, the 3 guys gave exactly $9 each. That totals $27.

So the guys gave $27 and the bell hop only kept $2, so mathematically the total calculation now comes out to $29 rather than $30.

And yeah, you are pretty right in your response. The real answer is a semantic issue, not a math issue. As worded, it has a "no solution" answer. However, literally it still adds up. It really comes down to the semantics of the wording of the problem. If you try to equate the equation the way it is presented a dollar disappears because the presentation of the equation does not account for the desk clerk, just the bell hop and the money the boys put out. When I had honor's math in High School, he gave us 10 extra credit math word problems like this for fun, this was the 10th one and for whatever reason is the one I remembered all these years the most. Probably because I found it incredibly annoying that the correct answer he was looking for was no solution after working on the problem while all the other ones had an actual correct answer.

I still stand by the petition to change the answer to "Ralph has it" hahaha

Nice reply...and no I am not messing with anyone, its a real math equation with the correct mathematical answer of "no solution". Here is the where it falls apart. If you had $30 in single ones...one of those physical and real paper dollars are not going to magically vanish. However, when you redo the math, the equation loses a dollar in the mathematical calculation and can not be solved as equal using real numbers.

So the guys gave $27 and the bell hop only kept $2, so mathematically the total calculation now comes out to $29 rather than $30.

And yeah, you are pretty right in your response. The real answer is a semantic issue, not a math issue. As worded, it has a "no solution" answer. However, literally it still adds up. It really comes down to the semantics of the wording of the problem. If you try to equate the equation the way it is presented a dollar disappears because the presentation of the equation does not account for the desk clerk, just the bell hop and the money the boys put out. When I had honor's math in High School, he gave us 10 extra credit math word problems like this for fun, this was the 10th one and for whatever reason is the one I remembered all these years the most. Probably because I found it incredibly annoying that the correct answer he was looking for was no solution after working on the problem while all the other ones had an actual correct answer.

I still stand by the petition to change the answer to "Ralph has it" hahaha

because the second equation only accounts for 29 dollars. it isn't the same as the first equation.you're creating a new equation. the reason the answer is no solution is because in order for there to be a solution in mathematical terms, the two operations would have to be equal, and they're not. because they are two different operations. because th second one is made up out of thin air.

And yeah, you are pretty right in your response. The real answer is a semantic issue, not a math issue. As worded, it has a "no solution" answer.....

The "no solution" answer is based upon an incorrect calculation/assumption. The math does not add up in the way in was given because the way it was given did not represent the actual situation. It is a trick.

You wrote...

"Originally, the 3 guys gave exactly $10 each. That totals $30.

So the guys gave $27 and the bell hop only kept $2, so mathematically the total calculation now comes out to $29 rather than $30."

That is incorrect! It sounds correct....but any good trick sounds/seems correct. That is the beauty of a good trick.

The reality is "...So the guys gave $27 out of which the bell hop kept $2...."

Ok, this is more entertaining to me than an imaginary girlfriend, so here is another one...if you know the answer to this one already because you heard it before, then don't type it.

I have 2 coins in my pocket totaling .15 cents...one of them is not a dime, what are they? And no google cheating lol

Edited by Alphadawg7

Ok, this is more entertaining to me than an imaginary girlfriend, so here is another one...if you know the answer to this one already because you heard it before, then don't type it.

I have 2 coins in my pocket totaling .15 cents...one of them is not a dime, what are they?

That one is more a logic problem rather than a math problem. I have heard it(solved it) before so I won't spoil your fun. :thumbsup:

I have 2 coins in my pocket totaling .15 cents...one of them is not a dime, what are they? And no google cheating lol

The janitor will never figure this one out.

I've got one....

If there was an imaginary girl who lived in an imaginary house, and she had an imaginary relationship with a non imaginary person.....could she be killed by imaginary cancer?

the non-dime one is a nickel. the other one is a dime.

big into riddles today?

and the other one can be solved. as others have said in fact. its actually pretty simple. perhaps you are mixing up the original version?

the guys each paid $9 inclusive of tip. thats all it is.

the non-dime one is a nickel. the other one is a dime.

big into riddles today?

and the other one can be solved. as others have said in fact. its actually pretty simple. perhaps you are mixing up the original version?

the guys each paid $9 inclusive of tip. thats all it is.

Yeah, the coin one is easy, but you would be surprised how many people literally go nuts when trying to figure it out. All they hear is that one of them is not a dime, not taking into account that the other coin is.

And like I said, the original riddle is rooted in semantics too. I didn't write the equation, just presenting it the way its always presented. If you remove the word problem and write it as a math equation solely, they do not equate and have no solution. But again, that is because the semantics of the equation remove certain variables and imply a dollar is missing when in reality it is not.

That's the term I was looking for! We don't typically tip over here(Australia) so that obvious term didn't occur to me.

hahaha, nice.

Also, funny story about this math problem...is that in high school I hated running crab sprints in football practice, so me and a teammate made a bet with the coach that if he couldn't figure it out by the end of practice we wouldn't have to run the crab sprints to end practice again. Well he didn't figure it out and was all pissy about it but kept his word we didn't have to run them...but he made us run them twice the next day, so guess we won the battle and he won the war HA!

hahaha, nice.

Also, funny story about this math problem...is that in high school I hated running crab sprints in football practice, so me and a teammate made a bet with the coach that if he couldn't figure it out by the end of practice we wouldn't have to run the crab sprints to end practice again. Well he didn't figure it out and was all pissy about it but kept his word we didn't have to run them...but he made us run them twice the next day, so guess we won the battle and he won the war HA!

lol.....that's sooooo revenge of the nerds. :lol: