Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

The private firm notre dame hired

Are we including them in the cover up for teo now?

Sorry....have I missed something?

The quote from the article I read was....

"The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators."

There was no mention of private investigators.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry....have I missed something?

The quote from the article I read was....

"The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators."

There was no mention of private investigators.

Apparently you didn't get past the first few lines if it was the one I've posted a few times?

"Swarbrick said Notre Dame then engaged an independent investigative firm which produced a final report on Jan. 4, a report then discussed with the Te'o family on Jan. 5 during the run-up to the BCS championship game vs. Alabama. Swarbrick said he believed the Te'o's were poised to release the story next week before the Deadspin article ran Thursday.

To Notre Dame's estimation, Te'o was the victim of "Catfish"-ing, a scheme that begins with an initial reaching-out, a slow build-up of a relationship and then a tragic event.

The independent investigation revealed online "chatter" with the alleged perpetrators, Swarbrick said, that demonstrated "the joy they were taking, the casualness among themselves referring to what they accomplished and what they had done."

"There was a place to send flowers," Swarbrick said, alluding to the funeral arrangements for Lennay Kekua. "There was no detail of the hoax left undone."

Swarbrick said the school did not approach law enforcement early on due to concerns about possible extortion or game-fixing, as well as a belief "that was the victims' decision to make, and Manti was the victim here."

Edited by NoSaint

Manti said:

"He described her as the "most beautiful girl I've ever met" and "someone that you talk to every single day."

Met as in online met. There are people I've chatted with hours online I have a rapport with but never met in person. Also you dont k know how be defined "beautiful" .... The Inward/outward thing. Lastly he was shown pictures of someone. All of That could easily be consistent with a "met" description.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Met as in online met. There are people I've chatted with hours online I have a rapport with but never met in person. Also you dont k know how be defined "beautiful" .... The Inward/outward thing. Lastly he was shown pictures of someone. All of That could easily be consistent with a "met" description.

Joe, for what it's worth, based on your Internet posts, I think you're beautiful.

Apparently you didn't get past the first few lines?

"Swarbrick said Notre Dame then engaged an independent investigative firm which produced a final report on Jan. 4, a report then discussed with the Te'o family on Jan. 5 during the run-up to the BCS championship game vs. Alabama. Swarbrick said he believed the Te'o's were poised to release the story next week before the Deadspin article ran Thursday.

To Notre Dame's estimation, Te'o was the victim of "Catfish"-ing, a scheme that begins with an initial reaching-out, a slow build-up of a relationship and then a tragic event.

The independent investigation revealed online "chatter" with the alleged perpetrators, Swarbrick said, that demonstrated "the joy they were taking, the casualness among themselves referring to what they accomplished and what they had done."

"There was a place to send flowers," Swarbrick said, alluding to the funeral arrangements for Lennay Kekua. "There was no detail of the hoax left undone."

Swarbrick said the school did not approach law enforcement early on due to concerns about possible extortion or game-fixing, as well as a belief "that was the victims' decision to make, and Manti was the victim here."

My error...sorry. :thumbsup:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/notre-dame-stands-manti-te-o-says-perfect-012348590--ncaaf.html

Swarbrick said Te'o got a call when he was in Orlando for a college football awards show, which was Dec. 6, from a number he knew to be Kekua. The voice on the other end was the one he knew as Kekua, Swarbrick said, and the person on the other end who Te'o had known to be his girlfriend, who he thought died in September, told Te'o she was not dead.

"Manti was very unnerved by that, as you might imagine," Swarbrick said.

That night Te’o won three awards – the Bednarik Award for top defensive player, the Walter Camp Foundation player of the year award and the Maxwell Award, given to the top player in the nation.

Swarbrick said the woman tried to restart the relationship after that phone call.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/notre-dame-stands-manti-te-o-says-perfect-012348590--ncaaf.html

Swarbrick said Te'o got a call when he was in Orlando for a college football awards show, which was Dec. 6, from a number he knew to be Kekua. The voice on the other end was the one he knew as Kekua, Swarbrick said, and the person on the other end who Te'o had known to be his girlfriend, who he thought died in September, told Te'o she was not dead.

"Manti was very unnerved by that, as you might imagine," Swarbrick said.

That night Te’o won three awards – the Bednarik Award for top defensive player, the Walter Camp Foundation player of the year award and the Maxwell Award, given to the top player in the nation.

Swarbrick said the woman tried to restart the relationship after that phone call.

What a mind &$+# they tried pulling. Becoming more clear this was an elaborate sick hoax where he was the victim

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

And another of his tweets:

You wanna know what's weirder than Manti Teo making up a girlfriend then pretend killing her? Nothing.

Seriously, i know nothing about this Clowney guy other than what i've read on here but he is now

my favorite college player. Teo just got clown(ey)ed by an fellow player. Too funny.

Edited by BillsBackersChicago

This is Te'o's problem. No matter if he was duped or not the whole media blitz surrounding him since the Michigan State is an issue.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/01/16/anonymous-notre-dame-football-player-he-manti-teo-lied-but-the-media-blew-it-up/

I'm not surprised that a teammate that knew hed only met her once possibly would be skeptical about the emotions but I also wouldn't be shocked to find out that the emotions could be real for him...