Kiper Mock 1.0 is out

Why is everyone so down on this guy? He was the heisman runner-up! Considering no defensive player has ever really won it (woodson doesnt count, he was a returner and played some on offense), thats a pretty impressive thing to put on his resume.

Yes he had a bad game against Bama, but looking over Bama's W-L record and the scores in those games... They pretty much made everyone they played look bad except for Johnny Football.

As for this online girlfriend stuff, it will probably blow over and pop up again around draft time. At least hes not driving drunk or doing illegal things.

Lastly, I am not saying draft the guy, I'm saying it wouldnt be tragic if we did. The guys a player, and deserves to be in the conversation if he's there when we pick.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whelp I bet this changes now

Why is everyone so down on this guy? He was the heisman runner-up! Considering no defensive player has ever really won it (woodson doesnt count, he was a returner and played some on offense), thats a pretty impressive thing to put on his resume.

Yes he had a bad game against Bama, but looking over Bama's W-L record and the scores in those games... They pretty much made everyone they played look bad except for Johnny Football.

As for this online girlfriend stuff, it will probably blow over and pop up again around draft time. At least hes not driving drunk or doing illegal things.

Lastly, I am not saying draft the guy, I'm saying it wouldnt be tragic if we did. The guys a player, and deserves to be in the conversation if he's there when we pick.

I'd rather him get a DUI then be some sort of sociopath liar. Kids make mistakes and can over come them. This is a very serious character issue. I wouldn't hire him to work at the sprint kiosk at at galleria mall let alone ask him to lead an NFL defense

Top 10:

1. Luke Joeckel

2. Damontre Moore

3. Star Lotulelei

4. Dee Milliner

5. Jarvis Jones

6. Bjoern Werner

7. Chance Warmack

8. Manti Te'o

9. Barkevious Mingo

10. Dion Jordan

replace Te'o with Cordarrelle and I would be ok with any of those 10. Please don't reach for a QB at 8 spot

There is no QB worthy of the 8th pick. Except Baltimore is their a playoff team that would draft a QB? Denver and New England already have young QB's. There is one or two guys who have been saying no QB will go in the first round. I think that is unlikely but their will be plenty available in the second round. What other team needs a QB? Arizona for sure, us, maybe Dallas if they decide not to renew Romo, Oakland probably, and maybe Kansas City. KC and Oakland likely address their offensive and defensive lines. Maybe Az gets crazy and decides Arians can coach up Kolb. Just sayin I agree...don't reach for a QB this year.

There is no QB worthy of the 8th pick. Except Baltimore is their a playoff team that would draft a QB? Denver and New England already have young QB's. There is one or two guys who have been saying no QB will go in the first round. I think that is unlikely but their will be plenty available in the second round. What other team needs a QB? Arizona for sure, us, maybe Dallas if they decide not to renew Romo, Oakland probably, and maybe Kansas City. KC and Oakland likely address their offensive and defensive lines. Maybe Az gets crazy and decides Arians can coach up Kolb. Just sayin I agree...don't reach for a QB this year.

Chiefs, Jaguars, Eagles, Cardinals, Jets all need QBs.....and all select before us in round 2.

I love people talking about reaching for a QB. What is a reach? Something based on ratings that a community college guy who never played or worked on any level of football says? If you feel a guy is franchise QB, he's worth the #8 pick. Flacco was a reach later in the 1st round. How's that working out? Where would Russell Wilson and Kaepernick be drafted if they re-did their drafts?

I love people talking about reaching for a QB. What is a reach? Something based on ratings that a community college guy who never played or worked on any level of football says? If you feel a guy is franchise QB, he's worth the #8 pick. Flacco was a reach later in the 1st round. How's that working out? Where would Russell Wilson and Kaepernick be drafted if they re-did their drafts?

There are a variety of approaches for us to take in this upcoming draft. If the front office believes that they can trade down, garner an extra pick or two, and still come away with the qb prospect they prefer I am fine with that strategy. If the organization has a strong belief in a particular qb prospect or two then they shouldn't take the risk of losing the prospect to another team. Just go ahead and make the pick and move on with the draft.

An interesting question is who is going to make the pick? Is it Buddy? Will Whaley have the last say? I'm not even sure how much or little influence Buddy has any longer? My view is that overall Nix's draft has been average at best. Based on his past judgments on qb prospects I have a lack of confidence in him, especially if he is the person making the draft selection. Whether it is in the first or second round the Bills need to come out of this draft with a credible qb prospect in this year's draft. The late round Levi Brown type pick is unacceptable.