Matt Flynn may be available from Seattle, Bills interested?

I'd be very happy with this. Aaron Rodgers himself said that when he gets a chance to start for his own team he'll tear it up. I guess that's easy for him to say, but who's to doubt him? He has a very live arm. So he was beat out by Russell Wilson, big whoop. We all know now how good Wilson is, so it can't be that much of a knock on Flynn. Let's give up two mid rounds picks, give him his shot, and use the rest of our draft picks to address other positions of need with safer picks.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fylnn was a 7th rd pick in 2008. On March 18, 2012, Flynn signed a three-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks worth $19.5 million, with $10 million guaranteed. He's a unknown to me , with so little playing time.

" Negatives: Has good accuracy in the short area, but does not have the arm strength to consistently air the ball out...Sometimes telegraphs throws, as he tends to pat it before throwing...Shows good mobility on the move, but is more of a straight-line runner who does not have the change-of-direction agility to quickly hit the cutback lane...Can make some of his deep throws, but those attempts lack velocity and zip to keep it away from the defenders.." http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles?id=367

Edited by independent

Is he any better then T Jax or someone we draft is he worth giving up a high draft pick? Maybe he is due to the way the Bills have drafted of late, but I still think the price is to high the seahawks want a high draft pick his salary 7 million and the fact that he is unproven not sure I want to give a high pick for him

I'm just a little scared at how vehemently some people are jumping on the bandwagon of a 7th round pick with 2 career starts and a total of 141 pass attempts in 5 years.

" Negatives: Has good accuracy in the short area, but does not have the arm strength to consistently air the ball out...Sometimes telegraphs throws, as he tends to pat it before throwing...Shows good mobility on the move, but is more of a straight-line runner who does not have the change-of-direction agility to quickly hit the cutback lane...Can make some of his deep throws, but those attempts lack velocity and zip to keep it away from the defenders.."

Sure sounds a lot like a certain QB who was recently cut.

Bills need to walk away from this. Draft your own QB and build from there. Seattle over paid for Flyn and got burned. Don't need another Rob Johnson trade.

Oh come on, you party poop. The Rob Johnson thing was just bad luck. What can possibly go wrong trading for a career backup QB with two starts? Flynn must be awesome. Look at his contract. This is a slam-dunk move.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Oh come on, you party poop. The Rob Johnson thing was just bad luck. What can possibly go wrong trading for a career backup QB with two starts? Flynn must be awesome. Look at his contract. This is a slam-dunk move.

PTR

Isn't that twice as many starts as Rob J had? :D

just read that the Raiders are strongly pursuing Flynn now that Palmer came out and said he doesn't want to play for them pretty much. I think Flynn going to the raiders would be awesome news for us because then they won't need to draft a QB. at that point only the Jags and Cardinals might grab our QB but I just don't see either of them needing a QB that desperately, so it looks like we might actually be able to get our guy this time