Bills need to sign James Harrison

Good chance he'll be released by the Steelers this offseason. I know he has off the field issues and he isn't the player he was 5 years ago. With the new coordinator, I'm sure he'd like some situational guys that can bring some toughness on certain downs. I've always hated this guy, then again if the Bills had Coortland Finegan, whom I also dislike, I wouldn't mind it. He's no longer in his prime, but should the Bills bring him in if he's not demanding big money? Strictly for depth behind OLB, not saying he should start.

GO BILLS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good chance he'll be released by the Steelers this offseason. I know he has off the field issues and he isn't the player he was 5 years ago. With the new coordinator, I'm sure he'd like some situational guys that can bring some toughness on certain downs. I've always hated this guy, then again if the Bills had Coortland Finegan, whom I also dislike, I wouldn't mind it. He's no longer in his prime, but should the Bills bring him in if he's not demanding big money? Strictly for depth behind OLB, not saying he should start.

GO BILLS

Why not just use Moats?

im not sure hed be on board with the "lets go be a back up in buffalo" idea. it would mean a lot of doors were closed in his face before (and thats not any "whoa is me, no one wants to come to buffalo" - just dont think hed be a backup for a team in transition)

I do like Moats...but after checking the stats from last year, only 7 of our 36 sacks came from the linebacking crew through 16 games. In comparison, Aldon Smith and Von Miller combined for 8.5 sacks this past weekend in ONE game. Harrison wouldn't give us those numbers, however its pretty evident we need some help/depth at LB. It may not be him, just wanted some thoughts on a four time pro bowler coming in that is out of his prime, but can still play. Thanks for the feedback.

There will be many suitors if he's released. We all know he's damaged goods and shoots from the lip a lot of times.... so there are maintenance issues for the buyer to beware of. It comes down to what he's got left in the tank and what's it worth. A team with a 3-4 D, and is one OLB short of a potential conf. crown. Houston?

There are gonna be a few guys out there that are similar.... Bart Scott, Cal Pace ....

GO BILLS

No Thank You. This guy is a piece of Crap and a distraction. I hate him on a personal and professional level. Hope he fades into obscurity where he belongs...

THUG

how is he a thug? Does he sell drugs? Is he in a gang? Does he break the law? What classifies him as a thug? If you mean he plays defense with a mean streak the way defensive players should play football than yeah sign me up for 11 players who have the tenacity of James Harrison, but I suggest learning what a "thug" actually is before spouting off that nonsense

GO BILLS

I would be on board to bring him in. Our LB core needs help...we need more intensity, talent and depth, and he would bring all 3. This D seriously needs a guy with some swagger and attitude. Bring him in and if he isnt working out cut him...

No. Bad player for 90% of his career, and then made a name for himself with dirty, unsafe hitting. Too much attitude and not enough value.

huh? Care to explain that? An undrafted player who came on in his 4th year in the league and has averaged 10 sacks a year since 07. I like to know how a guy who gets sacks and forces fumbles is a "bad player"? What you define as "dirty unsafe hitting" was perfectally clean up until the rule changes. I swear it's like people forget football isnt a pleasant sport. It's a collision sport

Edited by Stealth

he had been trying to tackle less with his head this year and was far less effective not using illegal tactics. with 2 more games played, his stats are worse this year than last...

70 tackles 6 sacks and 2 ff in 13 games. When's the last time a Bills lb had those kind of stats? Had more tackles this year than last but 3 less sacks. Stop making it out like he had awful numbers lol

Edited by Stealth