so, anybody else get boned by Obama

dib

It is absolutely none of my (or your) business, what a private company pays its administrators or employees.

The taxation system should be for raising revenue for necessary services to run the government,

NOT to "even things out" !!!!!

Then, your solution is.........................................................

The market will take care of itself?? Lmaooo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the market has a way to work out private sector employment issues. Tell me, how do punitive taxes on the rich increase employment and wages for the rest?

Yes, the market has a way to work out private sector employment issues. Tell me, how do punitive taxes on the rich increase employment and wages for the rest?

Well, you calling them punitive is an opinion.

History is the reason. Look at eras where taxes were higher on high incomes. Financial equality leads to a better economy. It's not a coincidence that lower taxes on higher incomes has led to this huge gap. (see Reagan years for the start) The problem is getting taxes to higher levels without hurting the economy too much in the short-term. It has to be a gradual process.

Are you trying to be dense ?

There is no solution, because its none of your business.

You can read better than that fjl, you're just trying to be combative I guess.

save it for someone who doesn't know your previous stuff.

I think when some of you get all ideological over this crap, you fail to realize real people are !@#$ing losing in the system we've set up.

I'm sure that sounds good when you sit around the table with all the other people who opted to only take what they were offered, but you can't sell that story to me. Everything in my early life was set up for me to be a victim. I chose otherwise. Made my way through college, re-invented my career, traveled where I needed to go for the work...once out of college, I moved to eight difference cities in four different states for one better opportunity after another.

Spare me the boo-hoo stories of people losing to a system. I'm living proof you can succeed in spite of the cards you're dealt. Anything else is whining.

History is the reason. Look at eras where taxes were higher on high incomes. Financial equality leads to a better economy. It's not a coincidence that lower taxes on higher incomes has led to this huge gap. (see Reagan years for the start) The problem is getting taxes to higher levels without hurting the economy too much in the short-term. It has to be a gradual process.

Imagine that, someone who can't differentiate correlation from causation? Have you researched what has driven the rise in incomes among the wealthy since 1980, and what helped cause it?

Generally speaking, the higher taxes that exist on the wealthy get transferred down to the middle class whether you like it or not.

If you want real life proof, take a walk through the mess they call Europe or you could just drop by my town and see real life leftist garbage for your own eyes.

Sick.

Now, you're just knocking people for doing whatever they have to do to get by. If you haven't noticed, jobs aren't plentiful and ones that are available don't pay well. How you could chastise workers for wanting a bigger piece of the pie is beyond me. Keep sticking up for big business, you're fighting the good fight!

I think when some of you get all ideological over this crap, you fail to realize real people are !@#$ing losing in the system we've set up. Earnings and profits are soaring and we see no return. Minimum wage is still $3 under what it should be adjusted for inflation. There is no more upward mobility in the job market. These problems are real, but keep cracking "jokes".

There is little upward mobility because of a stagnant economy. If you want to increase jobs and increase tax revenue, you have to grow the non-government economy. Raising taxes won't do that. Companies are profitable because they have right-sized their businesses based on the revenue they can generate in this economy. If Ford forecasts to sell 10% fewer cars next year, they can cut expenses and run a profitable business at 90% of their current sales. It's painful but they can probably do it. If Obama and his party want to continue to ruin consumer and business confidence with mountains of debt, more taxes and a heavy regulatory approach, we'll never grow jobs or the economy or tax revenue. We'll simply have a smaller economy and those evil corporations will shrink in order to survive. A company that is not profitable and growing can't take very good care of its' employees or hire many new ones. Labor, just like many materials, is a supply and demand commodity. Obama needs a large underclass of dependent voters in order to keep him and his party in power. His plan is working for him and his party.

Of course it's punitive. "fairness" is a subjective term, so the justifier as you put it is determining what is fair, so in order to fulfill his policy born out of fairness, he has to impose taxation on those who he deems should pay

"a little more". So from his perspective he wants to impose taxes to help even the playing field. That is punitive. It's as clear as day.

Now if the taxes were in the name of deficit reduction, then you could have an argument that it isn't punitive. But he has stated clearly on a number of occasions that it's mainly about "fairness"

Of course it's punitive. "fairness" is a subjective term, so the justifier as you put it is determining what is fair, so in order to fulfill his policy born out of fairness, he has to impose taxation on those who he deems should pay

"a little more". So from his perspective he wants to impose taxes to help even the playing field. That is punitive. It's as clear as day.

Now if the taxes were in the name of deficit reduction, then you could have an argument that it isn't punitive. But he has stated clearly on a number of occasions that it's mainly about "fairness"

We're making each other's point. It's like you're a kinder, gentler version of me. Do you have the other half of my amulet?

Are you trying to be dense ?

There is no solution, because its none of your business.

You can read better than that fjl, you're just trying to be combative I guess.

save it for someone who doesn't know your previous stuff.

I was pretty fired up yesterday and combative. I blame it on not sleeping for 24+ hours after getting off an overnight shift! Haha