so, anybody else get boned by Obama

dib

and his new tax plan? What incentive. Work hard, make less money. Nice. Sure hope Congress and the House took care of themselves, they might not be able to afford any more 1000$ suits.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you make that much money you shouldnt be complaining anyway......hundreds of thousands

:w00t:

Actually, almost 80% of all Americans got a federal tax increase.

From the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington via the Washington Times:

- 77.1 percent of all wage earners saw a tax increase.

- More than 80 percent of households with incomes between $50,000 and $200,000 now pay higher taxes.

- Among the households facing higher taxes, the average increase would be $1,635

- The tax burden will rise more for someone making $30,000 a year (1.7 percent) than it does for someone earning $500,000 annually (1.3 percent).

Actually, almost 80% of all Americans got a federal tax increase.

From the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington via the Washington Times:

- 77.1 percent of all wage earners saw a tax increase.

- More than 80 percent of households with incomes between $50,000 and $200,000 now pay higher taxes.

- Among the households facing higher taxes, the average increase would be $1,635

- The tax burden will rise more for someone making $30,000 a year (1.7 percent) than it does for someone earning $500,000 annually (1.3 percent).

This isn't due to a tax increase, it's because they let the 2% payroll credit on social security lapse. You should actually thank Obama for the increased revenue over the past few years.

This isn't due to a tax increase, it's because they let the 2% payroll credit on social security lapse. You should actually thank Obama for the increased revenue over the past few years.

By your logic you could also say those making over $400K did not get a tax increase; they simply let the Bush top rate "lapse."

Unbelievable, shallow response.

What, thank him for the deficit increase? Making the tax less progressive? Paying off his supporters? I guess this is what you'd expect when a person comes from this background:

Wow, is Illinois and Chicago great or what?

Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago?

Body count: In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago.

221 killed in Iraq AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the

entire US.

President: Barack Hussein Obama

Senator: Dick Durbin

House Representative: Jesse Jackson Jr.

Governor: Pat Quinn

House leader: Mike Madigan

Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike)

Mayor: Rahm Emanuel

The leadership in Illinois - all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago .

Of course, they're all blaming each other.

Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country.

State pension fund $78 Billion in debt, worst in country.

Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country.

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois.

And he is going to 'fix' Washington politics for us???

George Ryan is no longer Governor, he is in the big house. Of course he was

replaced by Rob Blajegovitch who is...that's right, also in the big house.

And Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned a couple of weeks ago. That

is because he is fighting being sent to...that's right, the big house.

The Land of Lincoln, where our governors make our license plates.

But you know what? As long as they keep providing entitlements to the

population of Chicago, nothing is going to change, except the state will go

broke before the country does.

Middle-Class Backers Shocked Obama Raised Their Taxes

Dyed-blue-in-the-wool supporters of President Obama are blue as can be after opening their paychecks and discovering that "ordinary folks," as the president likes to call them, got slapped with a sizeable tax hike on New Year's Day.

"What happened?" was the exclamation found repeatedly by the Washington Times' Joseph Curl as he surveyed commentaries posted on liberal websites.

"What happened that my Social Security withholding in my paycheck just went up?" a DemocraticUnderground.com post asked. "I guarantee this decrease is gonna hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?"

The squeals came from people with usernames like "RomneyLies," "DemocratToTheEnd" and "BlueIndyBlue."

The tax increase is the result of the expiration of the payroll tax holiday, something we never heard Obama talk about either during his re-election campaign or when he was riling up crowds against Republican leaders over their commitment to preserve the Bush tax cuts.

What does it say to these Obama supporters that the first thing the president does after being elected is raise the payroll tax for "ordinary folks" from 4.2% to 6.2%?

'$86 A Month Is A Lot'

Curl found some Obama-supporting posters claiming it wasn't really all that much money, to which another responded, "$86 a month is a lot ... Groceries for a week, as someone said. More than what I pay for parking every month ... A new computer after a year."

A thousand bucks a year in new taxes are nothing small for a middle-class family, and for most the new taxes will actually be more like $1,600 more a year.

Listen to Obama himself last month: "If Congress doesn't act soon, meaning in the next few weeks, starting on January 1st, everybody is going to see their income taxes go up," he told a Michigan crowd.

"Typical, middle-class family of four will see an income tax hike of around $2,200. How many of you can afford to pay another $2,200 in taxes?"

Several weeks before the fiscal cliff deal, the president says that a couple of thousand dollars in new middle-class taxes is "a hit you can't afford to take."

Then he — or rather the White House auto-pen, since the president took Air Force One back to Hawaii to finish his $7 million-in-taxpayer-cost vacation — signs a deal slapping a middle-class family something close to just that "hit" in new taxes.

As a candidate in 2008, Obama said, "I can make a firm pledge" that "no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

Addressing Congress as president for the first time in 2009, Obama said, "If your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increased a single dime. I repeat: not one single dime."

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/010713-639637-reelected-obama-immediately-raises-middle-class-taxes.htm#ixzz2HOlzCt5k

Funny, in the old days (any Republican administration), this would be known as "raiding social security".

If you guys are complaining, you should see how much I pay :cry:

We worked reeeeeeeealy hard to make sure the sale of our company closed in December.

Edited by KD in CT

What the !@#$ is this ****? The "logic" you applied formulating this response is absolutely !@#$ing astounding...

The facts are, that if you sunset a law, and that law provided for a lower tax rate, you've raised taxes. It's that simple.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

What the !@#$ is this ****? The "logic" you applied formulating this response is absolutely !@#$ing astounding...

The facts are, that is you sunset a law, and that law provided for a lower tax rate, you've raised taxes. It's that simple.

You see, it is disengenuous to characterize social security contributions as 'taxes'; unless of course you are pointing out that 47% of Americans pay no federal income tax, in which case liberals will scream and yell that SS contributions are in fact taxes.

I like to think of the tax increases as a Nationwide Opportunity for all Americans. You see, fellow Americans, you are now starting to realize that it takes alot more than you were currently paying to fund your bloated, overeaching and spenathon government. If fact, you still are not paying the tab, and you are not even really close... maybe in a boom time with robust tax revenue, but right now not even close.

I have always been an advocate of the American People being required to fund our Government dollar for dollar... I liek to think of it as Paygo, but in the end the Taxpayers has to pony up excesses and overruns... How quickly would Americans shut down most Non Cititical Government outlays if they actually had to pony up for them at the end of the year, or in the next year? You might think "heck, liberals wet dream!"... but in all honesty, other than super frontier left wingers, do most moderate left leaners love Spending, or so like tolerate the spending because it is borrowed money, not out of their paycheck?

I like to think of the tax increases as a Nationwide Opportunity for all Americans. You see, fellow Americans, you are now starting to realize that it takes alot more than you were currently paying to fund your bloated, overeaching and spenathon government. If fact, you still are not paying the tab, and you are not even really close... maybe in a boom time with robust tax revenue, but right now not even close.

I have always been an advocate of the American People being required to fund our Government dollar for dollar... I liek to think of it as Paygo, but in the end the Taxpayers has to pony up excesses and overruns... How quickly would Americans shut down most Non Cititical Government outlays if they actually had to pony up for them at the end of the year, or in the next year? You might think "heck, liberals wet dream!"... but in all honesty, other than super frontier left wingers, do most moderate left leaners love Spending, or so like tolerate the spending because it is borrowed money, not out of their paycheck?

I'd like to make every taxpayer actually write and sign a check every month for what they actually pay in taxes. Can you imagine the uproar when they had to write a check for 13% of their gross just for Social Security? :lol: