Argument against Fitz

I will say, I like that we have him for now. If we don't get a good FA pick up, and our draft doesn't pan out. At least we know we have a roughly average QB. Who knows, new coaching might be able to get more out of him. And if our offense leans on our running more, and our defense sucks less, things will be better to a point.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say, I like that we have him for now. If we don't get a good FA pick up, and our draft doesn't pan out. At least we know we have a roughly average QB. Who knows, new coaching might be able to get more out of him. And if our offense leans on our running more, and our defense sucks less, things will be better to a point.

What are you going to get out of him? Accuracy beyond 10 yards? Nope. A stronger arm? Nope. Let it go man...let it go.

What are you going to get out of him? Accuracy beyond 10 yards? Nope. A stronger arm? Nope. Let it go man...let it go.

It's not a binary argument.

Letting him go doesn't guarantee anything. We keep him until we get someone better. Otherwise we end up with even worse. Yes, there is worse than Fitz.

I fully support replacing him. But I don't want to replace him for the sake of replacing him. I want to replace him with a better player. I don't see what's illogical about that.

Letting him go doesn't guarantee anything. We keep him until we get someone better. Otherwise we end up with even worse. Yes, there is worse than Fitz.

I fully support replacing him. But I don't want to replace him for the sake of replacing him. I want to replace him with a better player. I don't see what's illogical about that.

It guarantees we don't have to watch him attempt to impersonate a NFL quarterback.

Pretty fair analysis. Fitz did cost us a couple of winnable games, but he played well in most of them. With a stronger supporting cast and a good (not great) defense we could have pulled off a winning record. Since his salary will go against the cap regardless, and we don't know how misc. rookie replacement will do, it would be a good idea to keep him unless we make a play for Alex Smith. He's not great, but he's better than the last 3 QBs we had.

This should be an automated response for all future Fitzpatrick questions.

It guarantees we don't have to watch him attempt to impersonate a NFL quarterback.

Letting him go now means we are without a starting QB.

Letting him go if we make moves, like say going after Alex Smith, and drafting a QB in the first two rounds, makes more sense. I feel like we should wait to make such a move until we have all our ducks in a row.

Luckily, Sanchez and Gabbert won't be available.

The true, 100% breakdown of Fitz' salary situation:

He's due a $3 million bonus two days after the SB that, if cut, he will not get.

Then he has other bonus' and roster incentives around $7 million total that the Bills wouldn't have to pay if he's cut.

No matter what, his cap hit will be $10 million at least, but only goes up to about $10.45 million if he's kept. We don't really save cap space by keeping him, but we would be keeping money that we could put in other places.

I stand corrected on the March roster bonus. But, he's only earned about $18 mil of the $24 mil contract guarantee, and the Bills are still on the hook for the remaining guarantees, so it's very likely that they will pay him the bonus in March and at least get him into camp and compete with whoever young gun they'll add.

Impossible to argue with..... :wallbash:

List of issues:

1. No consistency at the position.

2. Had no touch on the long ball. Missed them most of the time.

3. Was scared throwing the long ball forcing the defense to stack up the line and stop the running game.

4. Threw interceptions when game was on the line.

5. Never looked like a leader in charge on the field (Always sitting on the bench with his head down). Did not get the attention or focus of his players who ended up dropping passes.

6. Became too predictable and opponents were easily guessing his plays.

This plus I cant stress how inaccurate his throws are. even his completions are ugly, throwing behind the receiver, dirt balls or way to high which gets WR's hurt. He rarely hits a WR in stride where they can really get some YAC.

Fitz has to go. We cant win shite with him as QB.

I would cut Fitzpatrick tomorrow and eat the $10 million dollar salary cap hit. The Bills need to find a way to compete with the Jets and Patriots. That starts with the quarterback. I would try to convince Joe Flacco not to re-sign with Baltimore. Michael Vick would be my second choice. How many years in a row have the Bills finished dead last in the AFC East?

Impossible to argue with..... :wallbash:

It should be, but sadly it isn't.

You two do realize that I'm in favor of replacing Fitzpatrick, right? The thing I'm not in favor of is blindly cutting him before we have an established replacement.

You two do realize that I'm in favor of replacing Fitzpatrick, right? The thing I'm not in favor of is blindly cutting him before we have an established replacement.

Correct, plus the way his contract is structured makes it harder to cut him outright (for a team that still cares about the bottom line)

i think they get it........what they are saying is unless we bring in sanchez or gabbert its gonna be pretty hard to be worse-off than fitz.