Who really thinks Nix is in charge with this hire?

It's funny how many assumptions are made and then turned into fact on the boards. Nix was involved with the hire. Word was the Bills wanted a coach who had some HC experience. Sound like what Nix said when he was looking for candidates three years ago? Why couldn't it be what it was. Russ/Whaley/Nix/Overdorf interviewing candidates and picking the one they decided met their agreed upon criteria?

I don't get the impression that Nix is the type to be a figurehead. He would just be out.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone care to respond to this?

Are we supposed to believe Nix based on what he literally said, but we are not supposed to be believe Russ when he says Nix is the GM? If Russ is lying about that, what else is he lying about?

Furthermore, did not Nix state that previous NFL HC experience was NOT going to be a requirement this time around?

Edited by Cynical

Are we supposed to believe Nix based on what he literally said, but we are not supposed to be believe Russ when he says Nix is the GM? If Russ is lying about that, what else is he lying about?

Look Cynical. The OP asks who thinks Nix is in charge of this hire.

None of us know. If you want to be a literalist, be my guest.

Most of the posters in the thread don't believe it was Nix.

Those in the media who broach the subject are suggesting that it's Brandon and Whaley's deal.

Based on comments by Nix and the hiring of Gailey, I'd say Lovie Smith was the Nix candidate.

But believe whatever you want. I couldn't really care less.

Like I said, I should have known better than to waste my time with you.

Look Cynical. The OP asks who thinks Nix is in charge of this hire.

None of us know. If you want to be a literalist, be my guest.

Most of the posters in the thread don't believe it was Nix.

Those in the media who broach the subject are suggesting that it's Brandon and Whaley's deal.

Based on comments by Nix and the hiring of Gailey, I'd say Lovie Smith was the Nix candidate.

But believe whatever you want. I couldn't really care less.

Like I said, I should have known better than to waste my time with you.

Interesting. I'm a literalist because I take people at face at what they say, while other people can take the same quotes and pull **** out their azz as to "what it really means" (and no, I am not claiming you are doing that in this thread), when "what it really means" is "what I want it to mean".

How dare I challenge such logic. To make amends, I will spend the next 3 weeks dissecting and discussing what Russ really meant when he said "is".

The beauty of this deal is, it was a team effort.

While it's reasonable to conclude that Brandon was ultimately responsible for the hire considering his connections to SU and Marrone's interest in analytics, it's also clear that Buddy's work over the last three years on the roster made it possible to land Marrone.

As Schefter's video points out, Marrone's extensive film study on the Bills, Browns, Eagles and Chargers resulted in him concluding that the Bills had the most talent on their roster, making Buffalo a desireable landing spot for him.

Clearly, Marrone's landing here was a product of both Brandon and Nix.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

We can argue and not know all day long whether this was a Brandon move, a Whaley move, or a move both of them jointly were in favor of. But this does not at all look like a Buddy Nix hire, although he may very well have a lot of respect for Marrone like a lot of established NFL brass.

Personally, I think both Brandon and Whaley were all over this guy, and I especially like that in one week we have gone from Ralph/Nix/Chan to Brandon/Whaley/Marrone. Young, aggressive, organized, detail oriented. Not your daddy's or Uncle Ralphy's Bills.

I don't think Nix had much to do with it either. It was a money move, and not just the salary. The Bills have been trying for years to get the Syracuse area molded into their fanbase, so what better way then to take their .500 winning percentage coach in one of the, if not the weakest conferences in the NCAA. It obviously isn't just because he is the right man to turn this mess around.

Interesting. I'm a literalist because I take people at face at what they say, while other people can take the same quotes and pull **** out their azz as to "what it really means" (and no, I am not claiming you are doing that in this thread), when "what it really means" is "what I want it to mean".

How dare I challenge such logic. To make amends, I will spend the next 3 weeks dissecting and discussing what Russ really meant when he said "is".

I'm sorry I was rude to you Cynical.

But I think the overwhelming evidence needs to be acknowledged.

The actions of the Bills certainly say more than words at a press conference, words that were designed to allow someone to save face.

I'm sorry I was rude to you Cynical.

But I think the overwhelming evidence needs to be acknowledged.

The actions of the Bills certainly say more than words at a press conference, words that were designed to allow someone to save face.

I think youre looking far too much into this.