Jay Gruden for HC!

I liked him in Buffalo from the start, and I have to imagine we'll poke around on him at least. I think he's a better candidate than McCoy because he has at least shown that he can be a head coach in other leagues and has the kind of attitude I like in a coach.

Overall, he's my number two guy behind Lovie.

Edited by DStebb716

If the Bungles lose this afternoon, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Bills sniff around beginning tomorrow. That being said.....

Why is his work with Dalton so impressive? I am NOT a Fitz supporter/apologist by any means, but compare Dalton vs. Fitz stats for these last two seasons. What's the difference? And don't give me "Dalton wins games" either.....anyone with half a brain knows the biggest difference between the Bills and Bengals is the production of the defense. Top 10 vs. Bottom 5.

If the Bungles lose this afternoon, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Bills sniff around beginning tomorrow. That being said.....

Why is his work with Dalton so impressive? I am NOT a Fitz supporter/apologist by any means, but compare Dalton vs. Fitz stats for these last two seasons. What's the difference? And don't give me "Dalton wins games" either.....anyone with half a brain knows the biggest difference between the Bills and Bengals is the production of the defense. Top 10 vs. Bottom 5.

Yea - dalton was a high floor low ceiling prospect and I feel like he's meeting those expectations. It's a success for gruden but I don't know that he really brought it to a level others wouldn't be able to. Don't dislike him but sometimes I feel like anyone that doesn't mess a qb up is vaulted to guru status

Edited by NoSaint

Care to elaborate - I've found dalton and that offense at times.... Underwhelming. Not saying he's awful or anything but I don't know that I've been highly impressed.

I agree. Dalton has become a posterboy for the hindsight-TBDers who dwell on who the team could've picked. He's been average to me.

I don't understand the fasincation with Dalton either. He reminds me a lot of Fitzpatrick except instead of having SJ13 and Scott Chandler he had AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham. In the process sorta underwhelming. I love the Bengals defense though and wouldn't mind if Zimmer where to get some interest for the job

I don't understand the fasincation with Dalton either. He reminds me a lot of Fitzpatrick except instead of having SJ13 and Scott Chandler he had AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham. In the process sorta underwhelming. I love the Bengals defense though and wouldn't mind if Zimmer where to get some interest for the job

Dalton doesn't make mistakes in the last 5 minutes of games. He's also been to 2 more playoff games.

Every time another team's quarterback plays bad on network television, we have to hear how that quarterback is no better than Fitz.

Dalton is far more accurate and makes way less mistakes than Fitzpatrick.

And being only in his 2nd year, he's clearly got a bright future. We've already seen the ceiling for Fitz.

Every time another team's quarterback plays bad on network television, we have to hear how that quarterback is no better than Fitz.

Dalton is far more accurate and makes way less mistakes than Fitzpatrick.

And being only in his 2nd year, he's clearly got a bright future. We've already seen the ceiling for Fitz.

Fitz wouldn't have ever completed that deep pass. :)

Dalton doesn't make mistakes in the last 5 minutes of games. He's also been to 2 more playoff games.

Yeah, the Bengals have made the playoffs the past two seasons on the backs of their dominant offense........wait. that's right. The defense carries the offense on that team. Its not making the playoffs because of Dalton specifically. Its making it because of a top 10 (nearly top 5 if I am not mistaken) defense and an offense that is quite pedestrian but good enough to get by.

....basically, they make the playoffs the way many Bills fans expected the Bills to this season. Top 10 D, 15-20th ranked O