Al Gore, a truly principled man

Magox

Al Gore, you know the guy who cares about Climate Change, not for any sort of self-serving reasons, nooooo, but for principled reasons, sold his Current TV network to Al Jazeera, you know that network owned by the country of Qatar, one of the highest Oil/GDP ratios in the world, the country that is primarily funded off of that toxic sludgy product that pollutes the air. Yeah, he's a principled man, cares enough about his country to make sure to sell his company off to the air pollutant nation of Qatar right before he would get hit with the new fiscal cliff agreement.

A truly principled man.

:)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares, this is already being built into next season's Homeland storylines.

Manbearpig a hypocrite? say it isn't so.

PS - you should have also mentioned they tried to close the deal by December 31, to lock in old cap gains rates.

Who cares, this is already being built into next season's Homeland storylines.

Manbearpig a hypocrite? say it isn't so.

PS - you should have also mentioned they tried to close the deal by December 31, to lock in old cap gains rates.

I did

Yeah, he's a principled man, cares enough about his country to make sure to sell his company off to the air pollutant nation of Qatar right before he would get hit with the new fiscal cliff agreement.

And yeah yeah I know, I just thought I'd have a little fun with it.

A private citizen who sold a company to avoid tax liabilties to a suitor who could afford to buy it and wished to do so...... oh the horror......

Does it really change the fact the earth is getting warmer and humans likely contribute?

Edited by B-Large

No, it means he's a hypocrite.

You're not too quick are you?

Everybody is a hypocrit most likely at some point in their lives...

I didn't give a **** about inheritance taxes until I found out I was getting a nice inheritiance... I would now support protecting tax breaks on inheritances... I'll have a big hypocrit smile all over my face all the way to the bank....

So be it.

I think it's a little bit more than that, the biggest self-serving Climate Defender on this planet, accepting gobs of money from one of the largest (from his view) Climate destroyers. Nope, you don't see the irony in that at all. :lol:

Does it really change the fact the earth is getting warmer and humans likely contribute?

Wow really, the earth is warming? That's probably only happened about 3.25 billion out of the lats 6.5 billion years. I wonder what the earth was doing the other half of the time.

And maybe you can break down the impact of SUVs vs the impact of cramming 7+ billion people on the planet and then tell us what we should do about it.

Wow really, the earth is warming? That's probably only happened about 3.25 billion out of the lats 6.5 billion years. I wonder what the earth was doing the other half of the time.

And maybe you can break down the impact of SUVs vs the impact of cramming 7+ billion people on the planet and then tell us what we should do about it.

Birth Control, lots of Birth Control.... There are too many people on the Earth, I can agree with that- The earth has an occupancy number, I am not sure what it is, but when that gets exceeded a correction will happen... I bet it won't be good (famine as we can no longer tech our ways to grow more, disease we cannot stay ahead of, etc.)

We should consume less, produce less carbon emission, strive to use less... maybe it would change the Earth temperature maybe it wouldn't..... but isnt it at least with worth trying?

Like human nature, I don't think we will do anything about though.... until perhaps its too far gone....

Birth Control, lots of Birth Control.... There are too many people on the Earth, I can agree with that- The earth has an occupancy number, I am not sure what it is, but when that gets exceeded a correction will happen... I bet it won't be good (famine as we can no longer tech our ways to grow more, disease we cannot stay ahead of, etc.)

We should consume less, produce less carbon emission, strive to use less... maybe it would change the Earth temperature maybe it wouldn't..... but isnt it at least with worth trying?

Like human nature, I don't think we will do anything about though.... until perhaps its too far gone....

What do you mean we aren't trying? We are attempting this ethanol crap, lowering emissions from vehicles, increasing gas mileage, expanding biofuel usage, wind energy, nuclear etc.

Oh, I get it, you mean, we aren't going with Cap and Trade sort of programs to attempt to remedy our Climate issues. Yeah, you're not a big government sort of dude at all. <_<

Edited by Magox

What do you mean we aren't trying? We are attempting this ethanol crap, lowering emissions from vehicles, increasing gas mileage, expanding biofuel usage, wind energy, nuclear etc.

Oh, I get it, you mean, we aren't going with Cap and Trade sort of programs to attempt to remedy our Climate issues. Yeah, you're not a big government sort of dude at all. <_<

I actually support Nuclear Power, I think it would be a large step in the right direction- abundant, clean, safe, renewable and we have already built the facilities to store the waste. I am not a cap and trade supporter, but I do think the gradual move toward mass transit and public trasportation would go along away, so I do support infracstruture considerations in the equation- I recognize the issues with retrofitting our cities that are designed around the SOV are challenging, but if we need to upgrade infrastruture anyway, why not consider it is cleaner and saves people time and money?

I actually support Nuclear Power, I think it would be a large step in the right direction- abundant, clean, safe, renewable and we have already built the facilities to store the waste. I am not a cap and trade supporter, but I do think the gradual move toward mass transit and public trasportation would go along away, so I do support infracstruture considerations in the equation- I recognize the issues with retrofitting our cities that are designed around the SOV are challenging, but if we need to upgrade infrastruture anyway, why not consider it is cleaner and saves people time and money?

Depends on if it's cost effective or not. Doesn't make sense to build the infrastructure for a mass transit system in a region of the country that isn't either geographically or economically viable. Some of these projects make sense, some don't.

Good idea. How about all foreign aid comes with a zero population growth stipulation. Too bad the whiny left wingers would declare that a 'war on brown people' and use it as a political tool to win over the retard vote next election cycle.

We are doing that, all over the place. But levying huge taxes on Americans so we can throw money at 3d world polluters isn't "comsuming less".

I recognize the issues with retrofitting our cities that are designed around the SOV are challenging, but if we need to upgrade infrastruture anyway, why not consider it is cleaner and saves people time and money?

Based on what data? Mass transit works in places like Europe because they have the population density to support it. It doesn't work here because we don't. It's truly that simple. We can't afford it and it'll never pay for itself.

Based on what data? Mass transit works in places like Europe because they have the population density to support it. It doesn't work here because we don't. It's truly that simple. We can't afford it and it'll never pay for itself.

Whether it'll work and whether we can afford it is irrelevant. It'll save people money. And it's clean. And, y,know, think of the children.

Isn't that quite selfish thinking? just curious, since I've never actually heard anyone, aside from Pelosi, make that agruement....