Greg(g) Williams' son is fired by Rams

Disgraced coach Greg(g) Williams' son, Blake Williams was fired today by the St. Louis Rams.

Greg(g) Williams, the former Bills Head Coach was hired as the Rams DC last January weeks before the Bountygate Scandal became a big story and he convinced Head Coach Jeff Fisher to hire his son Blake, as the Rams Linebackers Coach.

After the scandal broke and Williams was suspended, Blake was retained and actually assumed more responsibilities as the Rams chose not to hire a replacement for his Dadd and instead, spread out his workload to the rest of the defensive coaches.

Fisher said the Rams knew nothing about Bountygate and wouldn't have hired Dadd Williams had they known of the investigation. It's been considered doubtful that the elder Williams would return to the Rams and that point was driven home today when Fisher purged the team of the other Williams, son Blake.

According to reports from Mike Silver, Blake was fired in part due to his "brusque and tactless style."

No confirmation on rumors that Blake used an air horn to keep the players awake during defensive meetings.

http://profootballta...ut-in-st-louis/

http://profootballta...liams-downfall/

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you put the last letter of his first name in parentheses?

Greg(g) always annoyed me so it was a way for me to poke a little fun at him and amuse myself at the same time.

I never understood the second G.

Is his name Greggory?

I don't mean to offend anyone.

Some day I'll grow up.

Greg(g) always annoyed me so it was a way for me to poke a little fun at him and amuse myself at the same time.

Is his name Greggory?

Some day I'll grow up.

It's not that unusual. It is how you distinguish someone who is just named "Gregg" from someone who is using a nickname of "Greg" for Gregory. Think John v. Jon and Thom v. Tom.

Is his name Greggory?

Some day I'll grow up.

It's not offensive, but it significantly detracts from the substance of your post. I focused on that, rather than anything you really had meant to say.

And, for what the hell, "Gregg," in my experience, is seldom short for "Gregory." It's a first name in its own right, like "Craig," which is not short for "Craigory."

It's not that unusual. It is how you distinguish someone who is just named "Gregg" from someone who is using a nickname of "Greg" for Gregory. Think John v. Jon and Thom v. Tom.

When will the madness end? All this does is raise the bar and someday, someone will name their son Greggg.

It's not offensive, but it significantly detracts from the substance of your post. I focused on that, rather than anything you really had meant to say.

And, for what the hell, "Gregg," in my experience, is seldom short for "Gregory." It's a first name in its own right, like "Craig," which is not short for "Craigory."

Thanks for the thoughtful response. There was no substance in my post so no worries there.

That whole Edward/Teddy thing has always vexed me too.

Who is Dadd Williams? ...or is it Dad(d), or Daddory?

I'm reminded of an early 90s era SNL skit about "taking the joke too far."

LOL

Anyways, Greg(g) always rubbed me the wrong way.

While I try not to wish misfortune on anyone I can't say as I'm too broken up about he and his son(n)s dismissals.

Gregg Williams Jr went to my high school (clarence) when his dad was HC of the Bills. Typical jock douchebag who beat up people...looked like he took steroids...silver spoon in his mouth...played WR but wasnt very good...etc.

Just another one of those kids who lives off of their parents.

Chris Polian is supposed to be a major jack wagon too. By the testimony of MANY.

While I'm not a big Kyle Shanahan fan, I have to say that I like his demeanor.

Seems like his Dad was able to instill some modicum of humility in the kid.

Is his name Greggory?

Some day I'll grow up.

What can you do with the name "Barkevius Mingo"??