[closed]Marrone? Horton?...here we go again

26TrapDraw

Does anyone think that either of these two can be the answer? I don't get a warm fuzzy "savior" feeling when I hear these two names. I may be jaded by the 13 years of futility. I am hoping we can get a big name to even interview...time is of the essence...thoughts?

In sports nothing is for sure. Everything is a crap shoot. You can stack the deck in your favor but the end result is still not sure. Think about Belicheat...if Bledsoe goes down and Brady is the 6th rounder he was projected to be I am not sure Belicheat is an all star coach. Its the whole Phil Jackson conversation in the NBA. It is easy to win when you have the best players on the team but does that mean he is a great coach???? These two guys are unknown commodities at this point, but they have coaching experience and could be good.

YES!

YES!

YES!

Bills fans here in Syracuse are hoping that the Bills select SU Orange head coach Doug Marrone as their new head coach and that they also select SU Orange QB Ryan Nassib in the 2013 NFL draft.

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!!!!!!!

Edited by Fig Newton

NFL head coaching jobs are meant for the young and hungry. There's a reason why there's never been a head coach who's won a Superbowl for two different frachises.

Take a look at NFL history and it's always the young and hungry generation who own the league. Back in the 80s you had Gibbs, Parcells and Ditka. In the 90s you had Johnson, Cowher, Fisher, Shanahan. In the 2000s you had Thomlin, Payton, McCarthy.

The Bills should be looking for that next guy who is ready to "own the league" so to speak. These two interviews would look like they're serious about finding the next great NFL head coach.

Don't get to excited or depressed about any of the names mentioned because right now it nothing more than just hearsay. Only RW and a few people in the front office know what is really going on. Who's Horton anyway or did Horton hear a who.

Edited by shadowcat10

The question has to be "has the guy won where he has been?" We knew with Gailey that the answer was "no." A winning team, however, has a coach with good organization, leadership, and football smarts, but also has a very talented roster. Belichek would make the Bills better, but not by a whole lot with this cast. The team needs improvement in all areas.

The question has to be "has the guy won where he has been?" We knew with Gailey that the answer was "no." A winning team, however, has a coach with good organization, leadership, and football smarts, but also has a very talented roster. Belichek would make the Bills better, but not by a whole lot with this cast. The team needs improvement in all areas.

Not for nothing, but in Gailey's only prior stint as a head coach, he took the Cowboys to the playoffs in his only 2 seasons.