Lovie Smith for HC!

rcatty

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found some kind of misprint or mistake in the above article:

"Both those teams [the Cards and the Bills] have legitimate defensive talent already in place"

Bills do have talent on D, But Wanny failed to maximize their talent. Plainly obvious that LBs are sorely needed.

We would likely get Rusty Jones back.

You are 100% correct. If there is just 1 reason to hire Smith, it's this guy. Maybe Spiller won't get "winded" so often.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/coaches/Rusty-Jones/07793743-a9e0-46d0-bb40-8b13e16bd610

Bills do have talent on D, But Wanny failed to maximize their talent. Plainly obvious that LBs are sorely needed.

Yeah, I know. But it sure didn't appear that way.

Let me just layout the MANY reasons we should hire Lovie Smith:

1. The obvious- He's a great defensive mind. We have a lot of talent and money on defense, he could help that workout.

2. He has had past success (81-63 in his career in Chicago). One SB appearance, one appearance in the NFC Champ game.

3. The Jairus Byrd connection- Byrd's father worked with Lovie in Chicago and could join Lovie in Buffalo which would lockup Jairus in Buffalo.

4. The reaction by the players in Chicago has been VERY strong with his firing, showing that Lovie has the lockerroom.

5. He could do what a lot of coaches do and bring some talent with him. Henry Melton is a FA, big time player. Brian Urlacher could potentially look somewhere for a two-year deal, he'd be a perfect stop-gap for Buffalo and he could teach the young defensive players how to play. Devin Hester could replace Mckelvin, he was PISSED today. Jason Campbell could be a good backup he brings.

6. He actually WANTS to come here. So he would be happy at his new job and confident. You need a confident coach that wants to be there.

I'm sold

Edited by BRAWNDO

I like it. I think they will interview him, because at the very least he will be our Rooney candidate.

I don't know how much tread Urlacher has left, but the bears aren't resigning him. Would he follow? Would we pay for him? Probably not, but fun to think about. Same with Hester.

As for "old and stale," in Buffalo, old and stale is futuristic.

You obviously have not compared their respective coaching records to make that statement.

I mean that both of them succeeded in spite of themselves. They both had loaded rosters - this year Lovie had Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, a solid o-line, Urlacher, Briggs, Peanut Tillman, and Devin Hester and still didn't make the playoffs. Not exactly Coach of the Year material.

I mean that both of them succeeded in spite of themselves. They both had loaded rosters - this year Lovie had Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, a solid o-line, Urlacher, Briggs, Peanut Tillman, and Devin Hester and still didn't make the playoffs. Not exactly Coach of the Year material.

Wrong on the solid o-line, the Bears never had that and it was one of the reasons the offense always struggled during Lovie's Bear tenure. Cutler has been getting killed behind that line.

WR was also weak before getting Marshall this year.

They relied on D and ST for primary success.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

One talented but flakey and inconsistent QB, a talented but temperamental wide receiver, a talented but injury-prone running back, one of the league's worst offensive lines, three great but fading defensive stars (all who battled injuries), and a great return man who had the worst season of his career and is contemplating retirement.

Just because you recognize a few big names doesn't make the Bears a talented team.

And the very fact of you comparing Lovie Smith with Dick Jauron brings into question your NFL knowledge.

Seriously.

One talented but flakey and inconsistent QB, a talented but temperamental wide receiver, a talented but injury-prone running back, one of the league's worst offensive lines, three great but fading defensive stars (all who battled injuries), and a great return man who had the worst season of his career and is contemplating retirement.

Just because you recognize a few big names doesn't make the Bears a talented team.

And the very fact of you comparing Lovie Smith with Dick Jauron brings into question your NFL knowledge.

Seriously.

Roger This.

Doesn't adjust game plans after halftime and NEVER holds players accountable. Jeez H Chriminey, have we not had enough of that crap!? The players love him because they are always safe. What was his main goal when hired - beat the Packers. How did that work out? I MAY want him for DC but head coach? Ugh......