So the next coach.....

NoSaint

Charlie is an agressive defensive guy, with a great attitude and has made dramatic impact everywhere he has been. His work as HC at Louisville this year has been nothing short of amazing. While i am not sure that they deserve the Sugar Bowl bid, I do think they had a great year considering the draw of that program. It isn't just a fun name in my opinion, he is just as good a prospect as Jim Harbaugh was and nobody questioned his hiring. Now had i said.....uh......Lane Kiffen.....you would be right to pile on!

Charlie Strong is just as good a prospect as Jim Harbaugh was?

C'mon.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arians Yes , Trestman Yes, M. Schottenheimer Yes !!! Take your pick

i left trestman off as i didnt know if he had the juice to rally the fan base. kind of cut off the "in over our heads" elite candidates on one end, and the not exciting enough candidates - but thought about him. if they struggle filling the job i could see him closer to a last resort.

think he could make the initial shortlist?

I'm going to throw out another name...Hue Jackson.

i know he used to be a hot name - is he coming around on the carousel again this year? or is he still in a regrouping phase?

I would be extremely happy with Lovie Smith. He is extremely smart, very respectful of his players in public and passionate about the game with them in private.

The Bears have been deluged with holes because of being in late round draft jail per the Jay Cutler deal with Denver and the rotton hand former GM Jerry Angelo dealt with respect to personnell decisions. \

Smith has made the best of an ageing LB corp, a horrible patchwork offensive line and no decent TE or second WR.

He has made some poor decisions too- like Mike Martz as OC, but his game management is very good (not great) and he knows what to do to win- if given the right personnel.

I believe he would easily turn the Bills defense around (he is a disciple of Dungy and the Tampa-2 4-3 alignment) and would do wonders with the Bills running game and OL- with a semi decent QB- the Bills are headed for playoffs NEXT YEAR if Smith were the coach.

Bottom line- Smith would not be a weak link in the path to a championship. Coaching would be a settled issue.

These are my qualifications for the next coach of the Buffalo Bills,

1. Head Coaching experience on any level.

2. NFL playoff experience.

3. Must have been an OC or a HC at some point in his career.

4. Must be marketable and attractive to NFL Free Agents.

5. Most importantly a winner.

Edited by bisonbrigade

I would be extremely happy with Lovie Smith. He is extremely smart, very respectful of his players in public and passionate about the game with them in private.

The Bears have been deluged with holes because of being in late round draft jail per the Jay Cutler deal with Denver and the rotton hand former GM Jerry Angelo dealt with respect to personnell decisions. \

Smith has made the best of an ageing LB corp, a horrible patchwork offensive line and no decent TE or second WR.

He has made some poor decisions too- like Mike Martz as OC, but his game management is very good (not great) and he knows what to do to win- if given the right personnel.

I believe he would easily turn the Bills defense around (he is a disciple of Dungy and the Tampa-2 4-3 alignment) and would do wonders with the Bills running game and OL- with a semi decent QB- the Bills are headed for playoffs NEXT YEAR if Smith were the coach.

Bottom line- Smith would not be a weak link in the path to a championship. Coaching would be a settled issue.

while i agree with a lot of the sentiment i do worry about his ability to pick an OC and QB combo. i know nix will have a heavy hand in that decision too but lovie is far from without question on that aspect of his coaching.

These are my qualifications for the next coach of the Buffalo Bills,

1. Head Coaching experience on any level.

2. NFL playoff experience.

3. Must have been an OC or a HC at some point in his career.

4. Must be marketable and attractive to NFL Free Agents.

5. Most importantly a winner.

thats loosely the kind of resume that im trying to fit into the list. well respected, league connected guys that arent andy reid, jon gruden, bill cowher etc... and make some semblance of sense for our given personnel.

I like the Tressel and Sweeney idea, although, I don't think Dabo would leave Clemson for a Coordinator job.

You really cant be serious. Please say this is a joke? Swinney is the same guy who hired a high scool coach to run his offense, paid him a million a year and the guy was never had an ounce of college cred. Yeah this is the guy i want running our offense.

My top pick is Ray Horton, who is currently DC for the Cardinals. He has experience working as a coach under Dick LeBeau in Pittsburgh. He would create a very aggressive defense and give the team a good attitude...I'm hoping Doug Whaley gets moved up to GM and selects Horton. Whaley and Horton were in Pittsburgh together so there is a connection...

My top pick is Ray Horton, who is currently DC for the Cardinals. He has experience working as a coach under Dick LeBeau in Pittsburgh. He would create a very aggressive defense and give the team a good attitude...I'm hoping Doug Whaley gets moved up to GM and selects Horton. Whaley and Horton were in Pittsburgh together so there is a connection...

Horton seems like a good DC. I don't think I want a guy who has never been a HC before on any level. There is so much more to do as a HC than any coordinator.

while i agree with a lot of the sentiment i do worry about his ability to pick an OC and QB combo. i know nix will have a heavy hand in that decision too but lovie is far from without question on that aspect of his coaching.

agree- definitely a potential issue- however the Bears put themselves in the hole by waiting until the last minute to release their previous OC (Ron Turner) before they hired Mike Martz- there wasn't anyone left / available. Mike Tice was promoted from within when Martz was released.

A Smith hire would check off 90% of the requirement list boxes.

Edited by jethro_tull

Somebody who can immediately start our newly drafted QB and knows how to win immediately.

Interesting how everyone pegged the Colts as doormats and now looks who's laughing.

the team with the great qb? i dont think anyone expected doormats. perhaps some growing pains at times but never a disaster.

agree- definitely a potential issue- however the Bears put themselves in the hole by waiting until the last minute to release their previous OC (Ron Turner) before they hired Mike Martz- their wasn't anyone left / available). Mike Tice was promoted from within when Martz was released.

A Smith hire would check off 90% of the requirement list boxes.

definitely wouldnt be upset with him, that would just be my gut knee jerk concern.

the team with the great qb? i dont think anyone expected doormats. perhaps some growing pains at times but never a disaster.

C'mon... they gutted like half the team. Everyone opponent had them pegged as an easy win. Including us.

Look at the new QBs for: Dolphins, Redskins, Seattle. List goes on. We will 100% reach for a QB this draft.

Edited by symbiant