Buffalo Bills fire Head Coach Chan Gailey

scribo

Chan gone. Check. Entire Coaching staff gone. Check. GM???? I wouldn't let Buddy anywhere near hiring a new coach, building a new staff or drafting a new QB, I don't believe that he makes it through the day, he is either going to retire or be fired, I thought he said that if Chan goes, he goes too? Things move very fast in the NFL these days. Bills moving much faster than usual.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This firing has me down. Not because it isn't due (because it most definitely IS due). It's just an exclamation point on another failed era in Bills history.

It's the unrealized expectations. I've been a fan of this team going on 30 years. This 13 year stretch makes the dark days of '84-'86 seem like a walk in the park. Really thought the team would finish with at least a winning record this year, and possibly be a 5th or 6th spot in the playoff picture.

Finished 6-10 in a weak division? (the Jets and Dolphins SHOULD HAVE = 4 WINS) With a last place schedule?? Come on!

And now it's probably going to be ANOTHER rebuilding process, with some of our best players at the end of their contracts and looking for greener pastures. This season should NOT have ended this way.

:mellow:

This sums up my feelings pretty well. It's a sad day.

Twitter sucks in a lot of ways.

But, I agree that the PC gives the better context.

Plus Gailey, just by chance, had some pretty strange situations in his career. He made the playoffs in Dallas and was fired, and in retrospect Jerry Jones said this was his biggest mistake. He was fired on the eve of the season by Todd Haley so he couldn't really get another job that year.

Plus Gailey, just by chance, had some pretty strange situations in his career. He made the playoffs in Dallas and was fired, and in retrospect Jerry Jones said this was his biggest mistake. He was fired on the eve of the season by Todd Haley so he couldn't really get another job that year.

He made the playoffs, but most consider the seasons and the playoffs (lost in first game both times) underachieving with the team he had.

Maybe Jerrah will correct his biggest mistake now that Gailey is available. Ya think?

Edited by CodeMonkey

They should interview Chuck Modkins right now before he leaves the building for the HC job just to get the Rooney Rule out of the way, even if they want to interview Lovie Smith or any other minority candidate.

WTF is this ****? Are you saying that there are no legitimate Head Coach interviewee options who are minorities?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

WTF is this ****? Are you saying that there are no legitimate Head Coach interviewee options who are minorities?

Not at all. I would love Lovie Smith here. I wouldnt even mind Tony Dungy. I could care less what race the guy is. I'm saying the Rooney Rule is (set up) dumb although a great concept, and that if there is a non-minority coach the team wants to jump at and have a chance at, they shouldn't be handcuffed by having to interview the minority coach first. They should interview one right away and get it over with and then go after any coach they want, minority or not.

One thing I will say and do like about the Rooney Rule is that even though a lot of the minority interviews are shams and the teams have no intention whatsoever of hiring the guy (with little to do with race), it's a good practice for these candidates to prepare for and take part in that could help them when they get legitimate interviews.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I wanted the house cleaned...except Joe D. That O-line should be left alone and allowed some continuity. Very, very worried that they mess up and get a HC in that jumps on the treadmill and keeps it rolling.....

Not at all. I would love Lovie Smith here. I wouldnt even mind Tony Dungy. I could care less what race the guy is. I'm saying the Rooney Rule is (set up) dumb although a great concept, and that if there is a non-minority coach the team wants to jump at and have a chance at, they shouldn't be handcuffed by having to interview the minority coach first. They should interview one right away and get it over with and then go after any coach they want, minority or not.

One thing I will say and do like about the Rooney Rule is that even though a lot of the minority interviews are shams and the teams have no intention whatsoever of hiring the game (with little to do with race), it's a good practice for these candidates to prepare for and take part in that could help them when they get legitimate interviews.

Thanks for the clarification. This comes across much better than your origional post.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I actually appreciated his comment about Buffalo probably being the first place that fired him that he would be pulling for... It's like telling your girlfriend, listen it's not working out we need to part ways and she looks at you (instead of cursing and crying and yelling she says), well just know that I still love you and of all the other times I been dumped I'll still hope you find happiness (probably)... Classy in my book... He sounded emotional also... Good luck Chan...

I actually appreciated his comment about Buffalo probably being the first place that fired him that he would be pulling for... It's like telling your girlfriend, listen it's not working out we need to part ways and she looks at you (instead of cursing and crying and yelling she says), well just know that I still love you and of all the other times I been dumped I'll still hope you find happiness (probably)... Classy in my book... He sounded emotional also... Good luck Chan...

He probably goes into retirement now. That's an emotional event for most people.