Bills QB of the Future

Rob's House

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if we were to trade Fitz & a pick to SF for Smith? That way if whoever we draft needs time to develop, or doesn't get it done, we've got a guy who's maybe not spectacular, but solid to play QB and let our playmakers make plays. It would be a good move for SF b/c they get a solid veteran b/u who isn't disgruntled and gain a pick in the process (I'm thinking 4th?). Anyone think they'd go for it?

:thumbsup:

Whoever takes over as H.C., he'll have at least 2 years. If he doesn't win year one, as long as there are good things happening, it'll be acceptable. I make this point because IF Gailey had still been here, then he and Nix would have had to look to fill all the holes on this roster this offseason. They would have had a lot of pressure to come out of this draft with a starting QB, one or two starting LB'ers, and a starting WR. Or, at least, out of the offseason.

Now, however, this new coach has the flexibility to draft 2 QB's this year - and could do so highly, as Washington did last year. I propose they do so. This is the type of QB draft where there could be 5-8 QB's all close in talent or abilities, but, as we know, sometimes the fit isn't right and good talent does not progress as it might if it were elsewhere. So, if you're a new coach and you're coming into Buffalo, where the big problem these past near 2 decades is obviously a lack of excellent QB play, I would draft 2 QB's in the first 4 rounds, AND I'd bring in a F.A. - all of this AFTER getting rid of all the QB's on our roster.

I could get behind Alex Smith, say, for a few years, while someone like Tyler Bray, or Landry Jones - drafted in the second round, develop. Or, get a QB in the first round, trading up to do so, and start him, while letting a later drafted QB develop - like in Washington - and having a veteran available just in case.

I can't wait to watch the Orange Bowl tonight. EJ Manuel looks like a potential NFL star to me. Dude has the size, athletic ability, accuracy, arm strength. He plays QB the way the future of the NFL is going. Seems like he's a good guy. I have no idea why this guy is never discussed here or anywhere in the media. I'd have no problem picking him at #8 and letting him sit for a year to learn the pro game under someone like Vick.

because EJ Manuel is awful and could't hit water sitting in a boat. Did you watch FSU this year, they won often in-spite of EJ.

Aaron Murray has had a great college career, an awesome season, plays in a conference with the big boys, and completed a couple really nice looking deep balls today that were spot on. I think he's moving up my list and would be ecstatic to get him in the 2nd.

2nd round? If he comes out and is there at 8, I pull the trigger.

CHAMPIONSHIP

2nd round? If he comes out and is there at 8, I pull the trigger.

CHAMPIONSHIP

I would be okay taking him in the first as well, but he is consistently ranked around the 10th best quarterback in this class. Not saying rankings determine the draft at all, but also do not believe 10 QBs will go in the first.

I would be okay taking him in the first as well, but he is consistently ranked around the 10th best quarterback in this class. Not saying rankings determine the draft at all, but also do not believe 10 QBs will go in the first.

I don't take that chance. You snooze, you lose when it comes to drafting QBs these days.

where do you get Landry has fallen off, he has been lights out all season.

Aren't you the one who hated my Tannehill prognostications?

still do.. the guy doesnt know which divisions team play in and i've met the dude several times here in Fla at functions.. the guy is dumb as bricks.. i'm happy as hell hes the dolphins cuz they will NEVER go anywhere with him..

Depends on the HC, but I think Fitz starts the season and who we pick at #8 or #40 starts the season on the bench, and plays later in the season.w

I will be very disappointed if Gailey is here, and I will be very disappointed if we make it to our third pick without having already selected a QB, but I think we are unlikely to draft a day 1 QB, unlikely to go after a free agent better than Fitz and our pick, and unlikely to put Thigpen or Jackson ahead of Fitz to win games.

Fitz will be gone by March. He is due a 3 mil bonus and a ten million base to boot. The only way he stays is a pay cut and 2nd string. A new coach will want a real qb.

Glennon was jumping up the boards but after bowl game he will drop. May be a pick for 3 or 4th round and hope ya can develop him but I want a QB that can start day 1 like Luck, RG, Wilson etc.

:w00t:

"I want"???

THERE ARE NO PROSPECTS LIKE LUCK OR GRIFFIN THIS YEAR. Luck was the best QB prospect in over TWENTY YEARS! More of a lock than even Payton Manning.

The only QB's that make sense are the 2nd round types who might be good - best bet is to take two while restocking the gawd-awful LB corps. Right now there are no QB prospects worth our high 1st rounder.

I'd be happy with any of the following:

Mike Glennon

Landry Jones

Aaron Murray

Geno Smith

Charles Barkley

OK with:

Tyler Wilson

Tahj Boyd

Only as a 2nd QB drafted (project):

Tyler Bray

Zac Dysert

Logan Thomas

Sir Charles? really?

SO after getting some dvr'd games watched from this college football season,so I could catch up on prospects, my considered opinion is this. Next year the Bills QB should be Ryan Fitzppatrick. However if I can choose a QB of the future in the draft for the Bills this season it would be Matt Scott.

http://www.cbssports...0412/matt-scott

And I think we should take him right at the top of the 3rd.

Edited by mob16151