Bills QB of the Future

Rob's House

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I hope Aaron Murray comes out early. If he does, he's my favorite. Mike Glennon and Tyler Wilson follow in that order.

I say draft one of them, bring in Vick, and keep Fitz. But he'd have to waive the bonus, re-structure his deal, and realize he'd compete for the job at best (ala Tarvaris in Seattle).

I dislike every part of this.

IMO I see Glennon make the most NFL caliber throws than any other prospect.

Did you really just mention a guy that didn't even play college football this season because of arrest? Give me a break...

He has legit NFL talent, and for the record I am thinking of him as a 7th round pick, low risk high reward option. There are a number of players in the NFL who have been arrested that I would love to have on the Bills.

Alex Smith is a chump. Did you really just hear about him after Harbaugh got some mileage out of him. Really, Fitz and Smith are the same. And you would trade for that loser?

Smith has had a rough career but I think it clicked with him. Just my opinion.

Plus he is light years better than Fitz. You can see that when they throw footballs in warmups.

He would clearly be a short term solution.,

Jones

Jones suits our needs more than all the other rooks.. he is big, not very mobile but works his way around pocket and is smart kid and with good coaching (ouch in buffalo) can learn to sidestep traffic in pocket and improve on that. He has the arm to make all NFL type throws and most importantly, DOWNFIELD throws which will open the field up soooo much..

and for a sleeper... i just LOVE Jordan Lynch.. he may be small, but the kid is ELECTRIC.. can not wait to see him vs the Noles... With guys like Wilson having success at his size and alot of other young QB's running the spread option, he could be worthy of a "flyer" BUT as our "cousins".. With our history of drafting QB's.. if we take 1 1st 2 rounds.. we should be what Skins did and take a 2nd rook later on.. I'll never forget the year Heath Shuler was drafted from Tenn to Skins early in 1st round and got job taken away by 7th rounder (i think it was 7th) in Gus Frerotte!

My madden like plan would be to hire Greg Roman and trade for Alex Smith. This way we don't get our franchise guy but we at least get a guy who will be in a system familiar to him. But in terms of the draft I like Mike Glennon or Tyler Wilson. I've heard Tyler Brey is a head case, Barkley has sucked, Geno has tailed off and Landry Jones fell off the face of the earth. But we have a whole off season to go

My madden like plan would be to hire Greg Roman and trade for Alex Smith. This way we don't get our franchise guy but we at least get a guy who will be in a system familiar to him. But in terms of the draft I like Mike Glennon or Tyler Wilson. I've heard Tyler Brey is a head case, Barkley has sucked, Geno has tailed off and Landry Jones fell off the face of the earth. But we have a whole off season to go

where do you get Landry has fallen off, he has been lights out all season.

Jones suits our needs more than all the other rooks.. he is big, not very mobile but works his way around pocket and is smart kid and with good coaching (ouch in buffalo) can learn to sidestep traffic in pocket and improve on that. He has the arm to make all NFL type throws and most importantly, DOWNFIELD throws which will open the field up soooo much..

and for a sleeper... i just LOVE Jordan Lynch.. he may be small, but the kid is ELECTRIC.. can not wait to see him vs the Noles... With guys like Wilson having success at his size and alot of other young QB's running the spread option, he could be worthy of a "flyer" BUT as our "cousins".. With our history of drafting QB's.. if we take 1 1st 2 rounds.. we should be what Skins did and take a 2nd rook later on.. I'll never forget the year Heath Shuler was drafted from Tenn to Skins early in 1st round and got job taken away by 7th rounder (i think it was 7th) in Gus Frerotte!

Aren't you the one who hated my Tannehill prognostications?

Personally, I hope Aaron Murray comes out early. If he does, he's my favorite. Mike Glennon and Tyler Wilson follow in that order.

I say draft one of them, bring in Vick, and keep Fitz. But he'd have to waive the bonus, re-structure his deal, and realize he'd compete for the job at best (ala Tarvaris in Seattle).

Really. You had me, but then all the wheels fell off in your second paragraph. I guess you didn't watch Vick play today...or at all this season for that matter.

The whole being better than Fitz thing is a terrible argument to make.

I'm going to go and smoke crack. It's better for you than dope.

Cmon bill give it up, Geno is not the answer.

Im not conceeding anything. Smith has shown improvement every yr for 3 consecutive yrs. His downfield accuracy and ball placement are especially appealing. Like most legit football evaluators, I dont put much stock in bowl games, good or bad. Ill be more interested In the Sr Bowl practices, combine.

Another thing id like to mention is that the Glennon hype reminds me of the Gabbert hype from 3 yrs ago. It seems to me that every time there is an African American qb at the top of the rankings the media always seems to need to create a "great white alternative". Somebody who has done nothing to warrant such new found praise. Glennon to me is that guy this yr.

Im not conceeding anything. Smith has shown improvement every yr for 3 consecutive yrs. His downfield accuracy and ball placement are especially appealing. Like most legit football evaluators, I dont put much stock in bowl games, good or bad. Ill be more interested In the Sr Bowl practices, combine.

Another thing id like to mention is that the Glennon hype reminds me of the Gabbert hype from 3 yrs ago. It seems to me that every time there is an African American qb at the top of the rankings the media always seems to need to create a "great white alternative". Somebody who has done nothing to warrant such new found praise. Glennon to me is that guy this yr.

Really? isn't it the other way around?

sorry but almost all the great QBs are white, If it wasn't for RG3, Wilson and maybe Cam it would be all.

I agree about Glennon but don't know what you see in Smith. All 3 years before this year I never saw anything in Smith that said we need this guy but this fall you were like you really have watch he's special. so I watched 6 or so games and thought not that great just like usual and he is nothing special.

Jones is what we are looking for, can make all the throws, make multiple reads, audibles and can call his own plays in the no huddle. He's not that mobile but he can move around in the pocket, similar to Manning, Brady and Ryan.

Really? isn't it the other way around?

sorry but almost all the great QBs are white, If it wasn't for RG3, Wilson and maybe Cam it would be all.

I agree about Glennon but don't know what you see in Smith. All 3 years before this year I never saw anything in Smith that said we need this guy but this fall you were like you really have watch he's special. so I watched 6 or so games and thought not that great just like usual and he is nothing special.

Jones is what we are looking for, can make all the throws, make multiple reads, audibles and can call his own plays in the no huddle. He's not that mobile but he can move around in the pocket, similar to Manning, Brady and Ryan.

So let me get this straight Landry jones is great and Geno Smith is a gimmick ?

Check the numbers again 40tds 6 Int's on season for mr geno. Not sure about the black white stuff coming up not sure that there's any relevance to race at the qb position nowadays.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Smith is a very good college Qb but I am not sure if he can translate it to the NFL. In the right system, he can be very successful but the NFL is populated with too many coaches who want to fit a square peg in a round hole. Barkley does not have the strongest of arms but can and will succeed

in a West Coast style offense. I see the Bills going for a strong armed QB with upside like Glennon. They may keep Jackson on board to hold down the fort while the new QB gets acclimated to the NFL. All this is predicated on who gets fired/hired. We all maybe wrong. Have to wait and see.

It seems like this draft will have a lot of projects. I like Murray best because he has a quick release, big arm and enough mobility to make a play when it breaks down. He could play right away and be successful. His measurables aren't perfect, but he can win right away.

The others are all projects and the one with the biggest upside seems to be Bray from Tennessee. Then have to look at L.Jones, E.Manuel, M.Glennon, T.Wilson, G.Smith, Renfree and Nassib. I'm not as high on T.Wilson because he seems to have a lot of the same characteristics of Fitz when it comes to balls he throws well. G.Smith is good, but he has not shown at any point he can be successful in poor weather. L.Jones has won a lot, but has struggled when he gets pressure. M.Glennon looks good in workouts but it doesn't always translate to the field.

If the Bills can get A.Murray at 40 in this draft, that could be a win. In round 1, get a playmaker for the defense.

So let me get this straight Landry jones is great and Geno Smith is a gimmick ?

Check the numbers again 40tds 6 Int's on season for mr geno. Not sure about the black white stuff coming up not sure that there's any relevance to race at the qb position nowadays.

CBill brought up race so just needed to set him strait and Don't care about Stats Jones is light years better than Smith after watching each for 4 years.