N.Y. Website Posts Map Of People With Gun Permits, Draws Criticism

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/01/journal-news-hires-armed-security-guards-153103.html

The Journal News of West Nyack, N.Y., has hired armed security guards to defend its offices after receiving a torrent of phone calls and emails responding to the paper's publication of the names and addresses of area residents with pistol permits.

RGA Investigations, a private security company, "is doing private security at on location at the Journal News as a result of the negative response to the article," according to a police report first obtained by the Rockland County Times (Nanuet, N.Y.) and shared with POLITICO. The guards "are armed and will be on site during business hours through at least January 2, 2013."

http://www.politico....rds-153103.html

The Journal News of West Nyack, N.Y., has hired armed security guards to defend its offices after receiving a torrent of phone calls and emails responding to the paper's publication of the names and addresses of area residents with pistol permits.

RGA Investigations, a private security company, "is doing private security at on location at the Journal News as a result of the negative response to the article," according to a police report first obtained by the Rockland County Times (Nanuet, N.Y.) and shared with POLITICO. The guards "are armed and will be on site during business hours through at least January 2, 2013."

Wait, so they need guns to protect themselves in times of strife? What a novel concept.

Inmates using newspaper’s gun owner map to threaten guards, sheriff says.

“Law enforcement officials from a New York region where a local paper published a map identifying gun owners say prisoners are using the information to intimidate guards. Rockland County Sheriff Louis Falco, who spoke at a news conference flanked by other county officials, said the Journal News’ decision to post an online map of names and addresses of handgun owners Dec. 23 has put law enforcement officers in danger.”

Inmates using newspaper’s gun owner map to threaten guards, sheriff says.

“Law enforcement officials from a New York region where a local paper published a map identifying gun owners say prisoners are using the information to intimidate guards. Rockland County Sheriff Louis Falco, who spoke at a news conference flanked by other county officials, said the Journal News’ decision to post an online map of names and addresses of handgun owners Dec. 23 has put law enforcement officers in danger.”

Consequences, schmonsequences. We have political hay to make. Nice job, liberals. As always.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/04/ex-burglars-say-newspapers-gun-map-wouldve-made-job-easier-safer/

"Reformed crooks say the New York newspaper that published a map of names and addresses of gun owners did a great service – to their old cronies in the burglary trade.

The information published online by the Journal-News, a daily paper serving the New York suburbs of Westchester, Rockland and Putnam counties, could be highly useful to thieves in two ways, former burglars told FoxNews.com. Crooks looking to avoid getting shot now know which targets are soft and those who need weapons know where they can steal them.

"Having a list of who has a gun is like gold - why rob that house when you can hit the one next door, where there are no guns?”

- Walter T. Shaw, former burglar and jewel thief

“That was the most asinine article I’ve ever seen,” said Walter T. Shaw, 65, a former burglar and jewel thief who the FBI blames for more than 3,000 break-ins that netted some $70 million in the 1960s and 1970s. “Having a list of who has a gun is like gold - why rob that house when you can hit the one next door, where there are no guns?"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/04/ex-burglars-say-newspapers-gun-map-wouldve-made-job-easier-safer/#ixzz2H7WPmyIG

http://www.foxnews.c...b-easier-safer/

"Reformed crooks say the New York newspaper that published a map of names and addresses of gun owners did a great service – to their old cronies in the burglary trade.

The information published online by the Journal-News, a daily paper serving the New York suburbs of Westchester, Rockland and Putnam counties, could be highly useful to thieves in two ways, former burglars told FoxNews.com. Crooks looking to avoid getting shot now know which targets are soft and those who need weapons know where they can steal them.

"Having a list of who has a gun is like gold - why rob that house when you can hit the one next door, where there are no guns?”

- Walter T. Shaw, former burglar and jewel thief

“That was the most asinine article I’ve ever seen,” said Walter T. Shaw, 65, a former burglar and jewel thief who the FBI blames for more than 3,000 break-ins that netted some $70 million in the 1960s and 1970s. “Having a list of who has a gun is like gold - why rob that house when you can hit the one next door, where there are no guns?"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2H7WPmyIG

These are the obvious consequences that tards like EII can't wrap their tiny brains around. There are many others coming. Criminals are far quicker to adapt than law enforcement and politicians.

These are the obvious consequences that tards like EII can't wrap their tiny brains around. There are many others coming. Criminals are far quicker to adapt than law enforcement and politicians.

OK, I need a weapon, I'll check the "list" for where I might find one. OK, I don't need a weapon, but need some stuff and don't want to get shot, I'll check the list. Stupidity knows no bounds. BTW, where are you in Alaska?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I need a weapon, I'll check the "list" for where I might find one. OK, I don't need a weapon, but need some stuff and don't want to get shot, I'll check the list. Stupidity knows no bounds.

http://westchester.news12.com/news/white-plains-home-on-handgun-permit-database-burglarized-1.4442333?qr=1

White Plains home on handgun permit database burglarized

A White Plains home that is listed on a publicized handgun permit database was burglarized last night. Officials say the target of the burglary was the homeowner's gun case. Police are trying to determine if the break-in was a result of the homeowner's name and address being published by the Journal News last month, along with thousands of other registered gun owners.

• 4 weeks later...

Liberal Shooter Planned Mass Murder

Floyd Lee Corkins: I Picked My Shooting Targets from an SPLC Hate Map

Floyd Corkins pleads guilty (and there’s a reason you’ve never heard of him)

In a reasonable world, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and its continued bigotry towards Christians and Conservatives would finally be called into question.

But not in this media world.

Nothing that goes against the "Narrative" will be brought to the front page.

Edited by B-Man