The worst part about this for me... being from DC/Maryland

SuperBills12

As the Bills continue to suck, I've started watching Redskins games... After being a die hard Bills fan since 1990, this is what my football life has come to. I don't even feel like "me" anymore. I congratulate my friends who are Redskins fans. They see how sad I am and pity me. They even invite me to watch the games with them and make comments like "come on man, why do you like the Bills, they suck. We have a team now. Join us!"

It's a lonley feeling I tell ya... Thank you Buffalo Bills, thank you for taking away any pride I had in you.

-Peter

I'm also in the MD/DC area. Ton's of Redskins and Ravens fans are my co-workers and friends. They see me all the time with my Bills mug or whatever. Most feel bad for me, some are like "why do you still root for them?". Some just don't even consider the Bills a part of the NFL anymore since they are so irrelevant. My Neighbor is a huge Packers fan,,,when we talk football he's always like "sorry dude, it will get better someday". I can tell he cringes when we talk football because my team isn't part of the conversation in Dec/Jan. Oh well, it has to get better right?!?

I'm also in the MD/DC area. Ton's of Redskins and Ravens fans are my co-workers and friends. They see me all the time with my Bills mug or whatever. Most feel bad for me, some are like "why do you still root for them?". Some just don't even consider the Bills a part of the NFL anymore since they are so irrelevant. My Neighbor is a huge Packers fan,,,when we talk football he's always like "sorry dude, it will get better someday". I can tell he cringes when we talk football because my team isn't part of the conversation in Dec/Jan. Oh well, it has to get better right?!?

When you refer to a "Bills mug" do you mean a coffee cup or a certain sad, gaunt expression on your face?

GO BILLS!!!

As the Bills continue to suck, I've started watching Redskins games... After being a die hard Bills fan since 1990, this is what my football life has come to. I don't even feel like "me" anymore. I congratulate my friends who are Redskins fans. They see how sad I am and pity me. They even invite me to watch the games with them and make comments like "come on man, why do you like the Bills, they suck. We have a team now. Join us!"

It's a lonley feeling I tell ya... Thank you Buffalo Bills, thank you for taking away any pride I had in you.

-Peter

I feel ya brother. I have lived in Virginia for 20 years almost, and retired from the Navy down here. It is Redskin and Steelers/Cowboys/Patriots bandwagon territory. For years people would rag on me at sports card shows, at work, etc. now they really don't, and I think they do feel sorry for me, knowing how Die Hard I am. Even the local Bills Backers Club that I was in for years here until I got Sunday Ticket pretty much disbanded this past year, and they were around before I even moved here. Sad state of affairs being a Bills fan. Edited by BuffBill

I feel ya brother. I have lived in Virginia for 20 years almost, and retired from the Navy down here. It is Redskin and Steelers/Cowboys/Patriots bandwagon territory. For years people would rag on me at sports card shows, at work, etc. now they really don't, and I think they do feel sorry for me, knowing how Die Hard I am. Even the local Bills Backers Club that I was in for years here until I got Sunday Ticket pretty much disbanded this past year, and they were around before I even moved here. Sad state of affairs being a Bills fan.

Bills Backers of Virginia Beach at A.J. Gators is no more??? When dd that happen?

There are more Ravens fans up here, but still a lot of Redskins and Cowboys fans here. I'm not going to get sucked into this nonsense... I'm still running around with my Bills jacket and my Sabres hat, screw it. I may get some jokes and some "sorry, dude" comments, but I'm still here, along with TT, Jimbo, you all, and more... we all suffer and still keep the FAITH.

*insert Howard Dean-like 'yeeeeeaaaahhh!!!' here*

My wife is a Cowboys fan, and she has invited and encouraged me to cross over to the dark side.

My wife is a Cowboys fan, and she has invited and encouraged me to cross over to the dark side.

I have a Colts fan here, and she get VERY annoying... I tell her every chance I get the Colts tanked last year. Losing to them this season only made it worse!!!

Edited by BmoreBills

Two months ago I left the Buffalo area for the Pacific NW. When I tell people I'm from New York they immediately think NYC and take shots at the Jets. When I correct them and say I'm from Buffalo and follow the Bills I get a look of pity and something usually along the lines of "Oh wow, I'm really sorry."

If you're in Seattle, there are a couple BILLS Bars downtown.

There are more Ravens fans up here, but still a lot of Redskins and Cowboys fans here. I'm not going to get sucked into this nonsense... I'm still running around with my Bills jacket and my Sabres hat, screw it. I may get some jokes and some "sorry, dude" comments, but I'm still here, along with TT, Jimbo, you all, and more... we all suffer and still keep the FAITH.

*insert Howard Dean-like 'yeeeeeaaaahhh!!!' here*

here you go, enjoy :lol:

I am in Rockville and work with ravens and skins fans. They both just take pity on my fanhood as well. For the skins they are just cocky now that they have a QB, for the Ravens, they gripe about Flacco like we do about Fitz and he is a lot better of a QB. They also claim their canton bound MLB is too old and needs to hang em up. I think it inevitable but not something to hope for as he is still a key to their d.

One day we'll be proud! We'll be in nursing homes!!! But proud!

Dementia making us think it is the early 90's again?

I have a Colts fan here, and she get VERY annoying... I tell her every chance I get the Colts tanked last year. Losing to them this season only made it worse!!!

They absolutely tanked it. And it worked. I'd prefer one season of suck to the 13 and counting years Bills fans have.