CJ vs. B.Sanders

Who is Yuri?

CJ, to my eye, is the best runner of the football that I have ever seen.

I was born in 1980, for reference, and watch 1-2 football games per week, since I can remember.

CJ makes me laugh, he is so good at cutting and running.

So I already think he is better than Barry.

Stop the insanity. And Merry Christmas.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This takes me back aways.

But i recall one team was preparing for barry by having the defense try to catch chickens on the field. There was some footage and it was hilarious. Long time ago but was either pregame or halftime.

The way i think of Sanders has already been expressed.

Could make a whole team miss him. some twice !

But it sure is fun to watch CJ turn the corner and light the afterburners !

I agree that he's definitely the most fun RB to watch (tied with AP) playing right now.

CJ plays faster than Barry Sanders.

The thing about Sanders I always admired were his jump cuts (both feet planted on the ground and a misdirectional hop) Collingsworth pointed out one of CJ's jump cuts this week, i think it was on his long run that he bounced out to the right. You have to have mad acceleration because you're literally stopping your forward progress to a dead stop and have to start running all over again. Martin from Tampa has a nice jump cut, and AP uses it all the time.

The other thing Barry had was an unbelievable sense for when to use the spin move. He played low (like Emmit, Bettis, Marshawn) but he could spin like nobody else I've even seen.

Both great players to watch. So far CJ has a better yards per carry average than Sanders, hopefully he keeps it up!

I am old enough to have watched them all play. the three best runners ever:

1. Barry Sanders

2. Jim Brown

3. O.J. Simpson

everyone else is a distant 4th

Uh, ever hear of a guy named Walter Payton? Not quite a distant 4th and I would argue he was #2 or 3 on your list

Uh, ever hear of a guy named Walter Payton? Not quite a distant 4th and I would argue he was #2 or 3 on your list

Payton was a workhorse- which is a massive feat in itself- but on a game-by-game basis, he wasn't as good as these three. If you had to pick one of these guys in their prime for a season or a game, Payton would be 4th.

Edit: Sayers was the opposite of Payton- explosive during a short career, while Payton was consistent over a number of years.

Barry had sustained excellence, which is why was, by far, the best back of all time.

Edited by ny33

This thread is an insult to B. Sanders.

Frankly, it's an insult to Thurman Thomas. Let's see C.J. dominate a game (as opposed to flashes of being the best player in it) before we designate him one of the 5 best Bill's RB's, let alone more talented than Barry Sanders.

Remember, Sanders didn't just have good-looking runs. He took over games. He *was* the Lion's offense, from start to finish, and did it with everybody knowing it and keying on it.

If CJ had as many carries as AP does to this point, with his 6.5 avg he would have 2,041 yds with one game remaining. AP 314 att 1,898 yds CJ 183 att 1,185 yds

You really can't extrapolate his yds. per carry because there are definitely some diminishing returns.