There is absolutely no reason why Taveris Jackson should not be starti

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

But, because our coaches stubborness, out weighs their football judgement................it won't happen.

Just another reason Chan should be fired.

Oh, It's WAY worse than that.

T-Jax could have started WEEKS ago, However If he'd had any success on the field, Gailey would have been exposed for the fraud that he is.

Gailey swore by Fitz, and made sure he recieved his lucrative contract. He will destroy both himself, and the future of this team before he admits this was a mistake.

Once Gailey chooses a course, he will maintain it to the end. Think about that.

Do you really think that the coaching staff and team don't know what they have in Tavaris Jackson already that they need to see what he can do on the field in 2 meaningless games? The only reason fans kick and scream that a player should be on the field 'To see what they have' is because the fans want to know so they can decide if they should continue to scream about the front office being incompetent

I actually recently made the argument that Tim Tebow's coaches have determined that he's not a starting caliber quarterback.

That said, there is a difference between a practice player and a game player.

It would be really weird for T Jax to never play a snap for the Bills after they traded for him.

After watching TJ on the sidelines last week while holding a clipboard, I have to say "he looked winded."

What do you expect. He had to suit up for the game and participate in pregame warmups. Then he had to undress after being declared inactive.

That's a lot of work. :)

They dumped young because he was horrible in TC and the couple pre-season games he played in, just not worth keeping around.

I think they went after TJ because he is someone they admitted they watched previously and liked. They got him cheap (along with him taking a paycut) and give him time to learn the offence. I think they had expected Fitz may end up going down with an injury sometime this season, so he was the backup plan if that happened. He would have moved in as the #1 over Thigpen, who would have stayed the backup. Since Fitz stayed healthy, TJ stayed the #3. Its also possible that in person, when they gave him a chance to show what he could do, Nix and Gailey were less impressed with him

This really doesn't explain why Jackson wouldn't have leapfrogged Thigpen as the 2nd stringer.

This is just my opinion but the trade for T-Jax strikes me as a desperation move by the team. Something had to have been going on with VY that made the team want him out of there ASAP and I really don’t believe it was football related, at least not entirely. There are the stories of creditors calling/showing up at the stadium looking to collect and VY said in an interview that he believed that factored into him being cut. I can see the team thinking that was a distraction that they did not want to deal with, especially for a backup. The coaches and front office panicked because they knew having only Fitz & Thiggy (don’t forget the enigma Brad Smith) wasn’t good enough and there was no one better out there so they made this trade for insurance.

Hmmm. I wonder if the decision to cut Young was non-football related.

Gailey swore by Fitz, and made sure he recieved his lucrative contract. He will destroy both himself, and the future of this team before he admits this was a mistake.

I was one of his first accusers as far as stubborness went.

Maybe we've got this all wrong but he certainly seems like a stubborn person. Either that or something else.

Oh, It's WAY worse than that.

T-Jax could have started WEEKS ago, However If he'd had any success on the field, Gailey would have been exposed for the fraud that he is.

If Gailey is coaching for his job, there's no way in hell he's starting TJax. Why would he risk it if he needs to win more games? However if he feels comfortable he's coming back, then he should start TJax. However, he needs to win and he has to be selfish for his sake. I don't blame him for that. I blame him for his terrible coaching however.

If Gailey is coaching for his job, there's no way in hell he's starting TJax. Why would he risk it if he needs to win more games? However if he feels comfortable he's coming back, then he should start TJax. However, he needs to win and he has to be selfish for his sake. I don't blame him for that. I blame him for his terrible coaching however.

T Jax has beaten a .500 team before. an impossible feat for good ole #14. Fitz does not give anyone a better chance to win IMO.

I agree.

But, because our coaches stubborness, out weighs their football judgement................it won't happen.

Just another reason Chan should be fired.

100% agree. While Rex Ryan, whose job is also on the line, is trying to see what they have next year by going to their 3rd stringer, Chan stubbornly hopes that winning these last two games against mediocre to bad teams will save his job. I agree, another reason to can him. I really hope the Dolphins and Jets destroy us unless TJ is in. That way, Chan and Fitzy will have to go.

T Jax has beaten a .500 team before. an impossible feat for good ole #14. Fitz does not give anyone a better chance to win IMO.

Well said. And coaching to save his a$$ is not what he was hired to do. He was hired to do what's in the best interest of the team. And right now, seeing if we have something viable in TJax is in the best interest of the team.

100% agree. While Rex Ryan, whose job is also on the line, is trying to see what they have next year by going to their 3rd stringer, Chan stubbornly hopes that winning these last two games against mediocre to bad teams will save his job. I agree, another reason to can him. I really hope the Dolphins and Jets destroy us unless TJ is in. That way, Chan and Fitzy will have to go.

Well said. And coaching to save his a$$ is not what he was hired to do. He was hired to do what's in the best interest of the team. And right now, seeing if we have something viable in TJax is in the best interest of the team.

heres the things - Jackson has thrown hundreds of NFL passes. McElroy has thrown nearly none. Its a whole different beast.

i wouldnt be opposed to seeing jackson get a shot, but lets not act like the jets situation is apples to apples either.