There is absolutely no reason why Taveris Jackson should not be starti

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this paragraph is just a mess. First off, you know how this went down? Second, let's just say this did happen, how is getting a QB that has started full seasons for 2 teams, to be a backup for a 7th round pick a fail on Whaley's part?

The fail is bringing the guy in, then not getting him enough work to prepare him, while the QB we do have proves week in and week out that he's not good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL.

Dude... Tarvaris is a waste of time. He's been on three teams now in his career. He's started on two of those teams and in both cases the coaching staff opted for rookies, and in Seattle's case, the 2nd top QB in FA as well. The third team brought him in for one reason, to compete with Tyler Frickin Thigpen for a backup job. Jackson, apparently, hasn't done s#it to even beat out Thigpen for the # 2, let alone get a shot at #1. Tarvaris has been in the damn league for 7 seasons and has probably logged over 4000 snaps. I'm certain... no, make that GUARANTEE, that the Bills and 31 other teams in the NFL have enough video footage and scouting reports on Jackson to make a good decision on whether he has it or doesnt have it. Two games left and start a QB with marginal talent and that's gonna be a FA after the season? WTF? Where do people come up with this s#it?

On a side note regarding Jackson. Back in early Sept. Buddy says to the dude in charge of pro player personnel (then Doug Whaley), fetch me a backup QB, I'll give up a sixth and mayber higher. Whaley delivers Jackson? WTF? That's what you got Whaley? And there are actually fans clamouring for this guy to be GM? I guess Whaley, being the good soldier he is, closely adhered to the OBD motto on this one.... "Dare to be Adequate".

Oh, Jeesuz... Can we see those two 80 yard bombs to Lee Evans that JP Losman threw against the Texans a few years ago???? Big Damn Deal.

Its evaluation time to see what we have for next year......makes no sense at all to do this to him.

Sure there is. It’s obvious that he still doesn’t know the insanely intricate system of the offensive mastermind that is Thomas Chandler Gailey, Jr. Apparently, neither do half of the other players we have.

This is just my opinion but the trade for T-Jax strikes me as a desperation move by the team. Something had to have been going on with VY that made the team want him out of there ASAP and I really don’t believe it was football related, at least not entirely. There are the stories of creditors calling/showing up at the stadium looking to collect and VY said in an interview that he believed that factored into him being cut. I can see the team thinking that was a distraction that they did not want to deal with, especially for a backup. The coaches and front office panicked because they knew having only Fitz & Thiggy (don’t forget the enigma Brad Smith) wasn’t good enough and there was no one better out there so they made this trade for insurance.

Who knows, maybe there is another clause in the trade agreement that if he isn’t active for any games, the compensation isn’t even a 7th rounder. That’s my wishful thinking at least. Call me crazy but it makes me feel better to think that this team actually has a clue even when all signs point to the contrary.

Wow, this paragraph is just a mess. First off, you know how this went down? Second, let's just say this did happen, how is getting a QB that has started full seasons for 2 teams, to be a backup for a 7th round pick a fail on Whaley's part?

The fail is bringing the guy in, then not getting him enough work to prepare him, while the QB we do have proves week in and week out that he's not good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL.

Dude... your understanding of the Bills Orgainization is a mess. All GMs rely on their Player Personnel nad College Scouting depts. to bring talent to their organization.The Dir. of Player Personnel's (Whaley, before his recent promotion) job, among other things, to keep a dosier on every damn player aroung the league, just like the Dir. of College Scouting gets all the data and scouting reports on college players for prospective draft and or free agency. So, the GM goes to Whaley when he needs to bring in a player with pro experience to fill a position of need. Whaley having this up to the minute file/info/scouting reports, etc. on all pro players regardless if they are on or off a roster or practice squad brings the GM the list of the specific type player he thinks best fits the GMs request and provides his input/recommendation. The GM does the deal based on that information and his own gut feeling. Buddy don't scout much, if at all ,anymore... he couldn't possibly do that as GM.

So he starts 16 games a year ago for Pete Carroll and Darrell Bevell, who drafted him and who apparently is a much better evaluator of talent than any coach we have. Pete Carroll brought in one guy in FA and the draft, gives TJ no reps in the preseason at all and gave him up for a 7th round pick. Me thinks hes not that good

Dude... your understanding of the Bills Orgainization is a mess. All GMs rely on their Player Personnel nad College Scouting depts. to bring talent to their organization.The Dir. of Player Personnel's (Whaley, before his recent promotion) job, among other things, to keep a dosier on every damn player aroung the league, just like the Dir. of College Scouting gets all the data and scouting reports on college players for prospective draft and or free agency. So, the GM goes to Whaley when he needs to bring in a player with pro experience to fill a position of need. Whaley having this up to the minute file/info/scouting reports, etc. on all pro players regardless if they are on or off a roster or practice squad brings the GM the list of the specific type player he thinks best fits the GMs request and provides his input/recommendation. The GM does the deal based on that information and his own gut feeling. Buddy don't scout much, if at all ,anymore... he couldn't possibly do that as GM.

FWIW, Buddy does still hit the road and do scouting.

There is no upside to playing Jackson. Better to not play him at all. Worst case he leads the Bills to 2 wins and pushes us way down in the draft order for April. Then also plays himself into a free agent contract offer at the end of the season from somebody else willing to pay him more than the Bills. So we lose a 7th rounder, lose the guy in free agency, and ruin our chance for a better draft slot.

This will likely happen irrespective of whether he gets on the field.

Okay, I accept the process, but you don't address the main point of my question. You rip on Whaley for finding Jackson, and mock those wanting him to be GM (I'm in that camp) because the best he could do was TJ. Jackson would seem to be a well suited back up, especially on a team where the starter is best suited as a back up.

You guys are all wrong... The real reason why Tavaris is not starting is because Ralph is cheap... Him starting would mean new embroidery on the jerseys since we already have a Jackson starting... He would have to stitch a "T" before the Jackson on the home, away and throwback jerseys... That's at least 30 bucks worth of stitching and if him and Fred are both dressed on gameday maaaaan, that's like 50 bucks right there... That's big money we're talking...