There is absolutely no reason why Taveris Jackson should not be starti

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

But, because our coaches stubborness, out weighs their football judgement................it won't happen.

Just another reason Chan should be fired.

And the GM traded a draft pick for a guy who has been inexplicably inactive for every game. Just another reason he should be fired, too.

The Fans must know what the team has in Jackson, START HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get it, shouldn't the "We want a top draft pick" Fans want Fitz to start the last 2 games to guarantee losses to get the better pick?

If you took the consensus draft picks put forth by the ignorant fans versus professionals who actually made the picks - who would have had a better draft?

I may be a fan, but I can say with a very very very high confidence level that Tarvaris Jackson is a way better QB than Tyler Thigpen ever was or ever will be.

The Fans must know what the team has in Jackson, START HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get it, shouldn't the "We want a top draft pick" Fans want Fitz to start the last 2 games to guarantee losses to get the better pick?

what does this mean? the fans are shmo's for wanting to see T Jax? it's somewhat logical IMO.

fitz probably would help with the pick though.

what does this mean? the fans are shmo's for wanting to see T Jax? it's somewhat logical IMO.

fitz probably would help with the pick though.

Do you really think that the coaching staff and team don't know what they have in Tavaris Jackson already that they need to see what he can do on the field in 2 meaningless games? The only reason fans kick and scream that a player should be on the field 'To see what they have' is because the fans want to know so they can decide if they should continue to scream about the front office being incompetent

Dude... Tarvaris is a waste of time. He's been on three teams now in his career. He's started on two of those teams and in both cases the coaching staff opted for rookies, and in Seattle's case, the 2nd top QB in FA as well. The third team brought him in for one reason, to compete with Tyler Frickin Thigpen for a backup job. Jackson, apparently, hasn't done s#it to even beat out Thigpen for the # 2, let alone get a shot at #1. Tarvaris has been in the damn league for 7 seasons and has probably logged over 4000 snaps. I'm certain... no, make that GUARANTEE, that the Bills and 31 other teams in the NFL have enough video footage and scouting reports on Jackson to make a good decision on whether he has it or doesnt have it. Two games left and start a QB with marginal talent and that's gonna be a FA after the season? WTF? Where do people come up with this s#it?

On a side note regarding Jackson. Back in early Sept. Buddy says to the dude in charge of pro player personnel (then Doug Whaley), fetch me a backup QB, I'll give up a sixth and mayber higher. Whaley delivers Jackson? WTF? That's what you got Whaley? And there are actually fans clamouring for this guy to be GM? I guess Whaley, being the good soldier he is, closely adhered to the OBD motto on this one.... "Dare to be Adequate".

Oh, Jeesuz... Can we see those two 80 yard bombs to Lee Evans that JP Losman threw against the Texans a few years ago???? Big Damn Deal.

Third string QB's get about five snaps a week once the season starts, the time for him to be ready is mini camps and training camp which he wasn't around to be part of. That's the problem I see with TJ.

So why'd they sign him and not keep Young?? Not sure about that, but am guessing there were some type of issues going on that made them dump him

Third string QB's get about five snaps a week once the season starts, the time for him to be ready is mini camps and training camp which he wasn't around to be part of. That's the problem I see with TJ.

So why'd they sign him and not keep Young?? Not sure about that, but am guessing there were some type of issues going on that made them dump him

They dumped young because he was horrible in TC and the couple pre-season games he played in, just not worth keeping around.

I think they went after TJ because he is someone they admitted they watched previously and liked. They got him cheap (along with him taking a paycut) and give him time to learn the offence. I think they had expected Fitz may end up going down with an injury sometime this season, so he was the backup plan if that happened. He would have moved in as the #1 over Thigpen, who would have stayed the backup. Since Fitz stayed healthy, TJ stayed the #3. Its also possible that in person, when they gave him a chance to show what he could do, Nix and Gailey were less impressed with him

There is no upside to playing Jackson. Better to not play him at all. Worst case he leads the Bills to 2 wins and pushes us way down in the draft order for April. Then also plays himself into a free agent contract offer at the end of the season from somebody else willing to pay him more than the Bills. So we lose a 7th rounder, lose the guy in free agency, and ruin our chance for a better draft slot.