The one, the only, Tebow thread

truth on hold

The Bills have to stop taking other team's sloppy seconds to play quarterback. They already have a problem starting a career backup who can't throw accurately on a consistent basis.

OTOH, this just might be the organization dysfunctional enough to make this move.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.yahoo....40903--nfl.html

Tebow wants out of NY. Marc Trestman, a coach we wanted to interview 3 years ago for the Bills HC job, thinks Tebow can still be great. Trestman's team, the Montreal Alouettes, hold Tebow's CFL rights. So how about the Bills firing Chan and hiring Trestman, who brings in Tebow?

(fyi: I'm intrigued by Trestman but not in favor of Tebow.)

PTR

Yes I feel crazy for saying this but, I'm a little intrigued by Tebow becoming a Bill. First, the Bills franchise is in a weird "one year left for Nix/Gailey" situation, also...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=TeboTi00

Let's face it. This franchise is in limbo until there's new ownership. Nix and Gailey have one year left to do something special and I think they will do this by either signing Vick or Tebow and hope for some serious playoff magic to happen. I see Nix's plan as probably picking the best defensive player in rd 1and picking a "QB of the future" type in rd 2 who will not see the field in 2013.

Nix may select a rd 1 QB, but I think he'll have in place either Vick or Tebow as "Plan A" for 2013. What Tebow does seems to be instinctual which may not translate well in practice situations. Gailey is a coach who could come up with a successful plan using the spread option with Tebow, Spiller, SJ, Nelson (former Gator), and Graham. As I said before, this team is in limbo right now and I would not be that upset if they tried to think of an out of the box way to find their franchise (unconventional of course) QB. 2013 is an "all in" "playoffs or bust" situation for Nix/Gailey and the they have very few conventional options open to them.

This will be the way the marketing department will try to hype the offseason and get people interested back into buying tickets and merchandise.

Tebow will come cheap in the way of a 4th round pick or later. Also keep the media off Chan and Nix going into next season. Russ Brandon works his magic once again.

Let me get this straight...You think trading for the complete and utter circus that is Tim Tebow will keep the media OFF Chan and Nix? :huh:

Tebow did good in Denver with a very good defense and a running game. Under right circumstances he might do ok but is he a Franchise QB so far I havent seen enough of his passing skills to say yes. Id rather have a new coach draft a QB he likes and make the Franchise around him.

Would rather have Vick over tebow .........................

I do not get the fact that many Bufalo fans are clamouring for Vick, giy cant stay healthy and isnt that good of a passer.

Cool idea. I hadn't thought of getting a coach with CFL experience but with the way the NFL is embracing these new pass happy rules and spread offense schemes, the CFL could prve to be a great training ground for coaches.

I think Tebow can win in this league with a coach whose system takes advantage of his talents and doesn't expose his shortcomings. I wouldn't put all my eggs in his basket though.

But I agree, Tebow in the CFL is a good move for him.

This will be the way the marketing department will try to hype the offseason and get people interested back into buying tickets and merchandise.

Tebow will come cheap in the way of a 4th round pick or later. Also keep the media off Chan and Nix going into next season. Russ Brandon works his magic once again.

If they were to get Tebow, I have a feeling they wouldn't have to trade for him, only sign him from waivers. The Jets refuse to even play him for fear that he might do well and the fanbase would yell for him. They are starting a kid who has only been active for one game this year over him, it is quite clear that they didn't want him from the beginning, only the owner there did. That said, I would take him.

Let me get this straight...You think trading for the complete and utter circus that is Tim Tebow will keep the media OFF Chan and Nix? :huh:

Not saying Tebow is a great, or even good QB, but he isn't the circus, it is the organization around him there and that loud mouth cowardly lion of a head coach he has. He hasn't really even opened his mouth. With what has gone on this year for him up there, most players in the NFL would be in front of a microphone blasting his team and coaching staff. He might not be one of the better players in the NFL, but he is without doubt, one of the classiest players in the NFL.

If they were to get Tebow, I have a feeling they wouldn't have to trade for him, only sign him from waivers. The Jets refuse to even play him for fear that he might do well and the fanbase would yell for him. They are starting a kid who has only been active for one game this year over him, it is quite clear that they didn't want him from the beginning, only the owner there did. That said, I would take him.

He's a winner and a leader. The only QBs since I've been watching bills who could be described that way were kelly and flutie. 2 BCS at florida, denver 1&4 start without him, 8&5 finish with including playoff win against steelers where he threw key TD pass in OT. Plenty of film to show he does have physical skills to compete in NFL.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

He's a winner and a leader. The only QBs since I've been watching bills who could be described that way were kelly and flutie. 2 BCS at florida, denver 1&4 start without him, 8&5 finish with including playoff win against steelers where he threw key TD pass in OT. Plenty of film to show he does have physical skills to compete in NFL.

Pretty much what I said, no argument from me. I would like to see Tebow in Buffalo. Maybe not as the starter, but he sure as heck could be much more productive then he has been in New Jersey, and more productive then Brad Smith has been here. All Brad Smith has done is return a couple kicks, and we have more then enough able bodied kick returners.

Pretty much what I said, no argument from me. I would like to see Tebow in Buffalo.

I know bill, its refreshing to see a poster who can think for themself versus the barrage of herd-following "he sucks because so and so said so" around here.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I know bill, its refreshing to see a poster who can think for themself versus the barrage of herd-following "he sucks because so and so said so" around here.

You know, how many times this year have we had the ball at the one yard line on first or second down and running Spiller or even Jackson up the middle either fails or they fumble? Quite a few. Put Tebow on this team in those situations and those stops and fumbles turn into touchdowns at least 75% of the time.

I've been dismissing this topic, then it occurred to me that Fitz doesn't throw the ball over 15 yards anyways....

Tebow could make sense. Especially considering Brandon's influence on this team. Tebow sucks as a prototypical QB, but nobody can question his heart and his desire to be a football player. I think Chan would have to convince him of a slash package though. His biggest value would be his versatility, if he were open to it.

I'd take him. He's a winner. That jets who are horrible assessing QB talent passed him is a positive.

thats one way to think of it, but aren't we in the same class of as the Jets?

"The Bills think he is good... so do we..... what did we miss????"

But that said, I agree with you and Buff Bill - ill take Tebow on this hearltess gutless team every day of the week, ESPECIALLY on sundays.